College Football 2023

Rixaroo

12 hours ago, SSmith48 said:

Not able to post any images at the moment, but Stanford looks to have dropped the black outlines around the numbers. A slight, but very good improvement. The little amount of black on there felt so out of place.

Good look here:

spacer.png

Definitely glad they axed the black outlines. Also interesting to see that they’re using the version of the Vapor FUSE pants with the integrated padding system. That’s what Oregon has worn since debuting the template in 2019, but so far I believe Stanford is the only other team I’ve seen to opt for it instead of the conventional pad pockets. 

Speaking of pants, I wish Stanford would add stripes back to the pants. Either a double stripe like the Luck years or, preferably IMO, a single stripe to match the helmet. Similar to the throwbacks, but decrease the stripe width by 1/2 or 2/3.

spacer.png

• Like 13
  • Love 1

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

19 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

Are the mustard pants a school decision, or is it a limitation of what adidas and Under Armour offered?

To some degree there's always going to be a mismatch when you have an overly metallic helmet paired with non-metallic pants, but I thought the pants from the Champion-era fauxback they did in 2019 did a much better job of matching the helmet than the more mustardy shade does. Would prefer to see the school do this shade of gold across the board.

1189607994.jpeg

• Like 16

6fQjS3M.png

7 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Also interesting to see that they’re using the version of the Vapor FUSE pants with the integrated padding system. That’s what Oregon has worn since debuting the template in 2019, but so far I believe Stanford is the only other team I’ve seen to opt for it instead of the conventional pad pockets. 

Some players at Ohio State are using it as well. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, dannykraft said:

Some players at Ohio State are using it as well. 

I'd expect all of the elite Nike teams to get them. But for training camp they probably don't have everything in yet, but will by the first game of the year. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

6 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

I'd expect all of the elite Nike teams to get them. But for training camp they probably don't have everything in yet, but will by the first game of the year. 

It may well just come down to team or player preference, but in the CFP I didn’t see any Georgia or Ohio State players wearing them. At Oregon there have only been a few players opt for the conventional pad pockets, so it’ll be interesting to see this year which other schools have them at all and how many players wear them.

• Like 1

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

3 hours ago, upperV03 said:

It may well just come down to team or player preference, but in the CFP I didn’t see any Georgia or Ohio State players wearing them. At Oregon there have only been a few players opt for the conventional pad pockets, so it’ll be interesting to see this year which other schools have them at all and how many players wear them.

Do they offer the same protection compared to regular pads? It just looks like it’s very minimal. I really like the look though

5 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

Notre Dame has fixed the navy numbers while creating a new, unwanted problem: green pants.

spacer.png

It's about time they fixed the numbers, and I'm glad they went with white numbers instead of gold, as those shades of gold and green could also be a legibility problem.

But then of course they had to go with green pants. They look like the Leprechaun. Of course they could always pair it with gold pants later, although historically, they have separate gold pants with green logos, so the blue logos might look off if they use the current pants.

• Like 3

spacer.png

5 hours ago, CS85 said:

This looks fine to me, because at least there's not a jarringly matte mustard pant that makes the helmet look stupid.

this looks good, Notre Dame has worn much worse. 

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

14 hours ago, crashcarson15 said:

To some degree there's always going to be a mismatch when you have an overly metallic helmet paired with non-metallic pants, but I thought the pants from the Champion-era fauxback they did in 2019 did a much better job of matching the helmet than the more mustardy shade does. Would prefer to see the school do this shade of gold across the board.

1189607994.jpeg

Why in the world is this not their full time look? It’s perfect. 

• Like 4

11 hours ago, nuordr said:

Pretty close to solid, but the stripes on the white pants and white away uniforms are just powder/columbia - white - powder/columbia and the stripes on the white helmet are navy - powder/columbia - navy. Like.. why mismatch them?

• Like 3

Also, as a side note: Elon Musk has messed up Twitter so bad now that the tweets of individual accounts no longer appear in chronological order? (Presumably it's "algorithm"-based?) I was trying to see if there were any still photos I could post of what I was talking about re: the Citadel's uniforms, but all I can find when clicking on their Twitter profile is tweets from 2018?? That guy is so dumb; it's shocking.

• Like 2

Some insight into the difference in costs between Adidas' caste system.

Tier 1 Adidas jersey blanks retail to (high school) teams for $150, pants for $120
F2fxSJaWEAEmxxg?format=jpg&name=4096x4096
F2fytIKWcAA4xEP?format=jpg&name=mediumTier 2 jerseys has retail for $80 and pants for $85
F2fyZ0LWQAEN3Mk?format=jpg&name=4096x409F2fyuYRXUAAvLo-?format=jpg&name=large

Difference of $105 per set x 125 players x 2 uniforms (home & away) = $26,250

22 minutes ago, CrookedThumb said:

UF apparently unveiled their upcoming black football jerseys 

I like that they used the Gators script on the chest, but it would've looked better in orange with a white outline.

• Like 1

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

39 minutes ago, CrookedThumb said:

UF apparently unveiled their upcoming black football jerseys 

Not so much of an unveiling. More like I was walking through the bookstore on the way to lunch, snapped a pic and sent it to Gators Unis. I like them but I’m really hoping they’ll look better on the field (they usually do, replica jerseys look bad often).

• Like 2

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators