College Football 2023

Rixaroo

2 hours ago, jerrylawless3 said:

I didn't think so initially, but now I'm not sure. I can't find any other team wearing that particular model of pant – particularly looking at that seam running diagonally from the crotch then turning down to run parallel with the stripe.

Dude…good eye.  That’s not the same shiny pant that the Cowboys & Raiders are wearing.

I wonder if this is a new pant they’re adding back into the mix in 2024?  Or, they had Ripon make these and it’s their template with a Swoosh sewn on?

7 hours ago, HOOVER said:

Is that an assumption or from a source?

If they're catalog orders? I'd say that's proof right there. We know Nike only gives so much free stuff to the Group of 5 schools before they have to pay for the rest. 

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

2 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

If they're catalog orders? I'd say that's proof right there. We know Nike only gives so much free stuff to the Group of 5 schools before they have to pay for the rest. 

BSN is not out there giving better deals.

Together with the brand they’ll give an annual comp allotment at retail price and then a percentage back on overall spend, but it’s not comparable to what Nike or UA offers the big schools when handled directly.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, HOOVER said:

BSN is not out there giving better deals.

Together with the brand they’ll give an annual comp allotment at retail price and then a percentage back on overall spend, but it’s not comparable to what Nike or UA offers the big schools when handled directly.

I'm pretty sure they aren't either. That's why it's easier for these schools to go with the traditional designs instead of trying to get something that stands out. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 8/11/2023 at 10:48 AM, cajunaggie08 said:

New Purdue uniforms. They look like copies of the Drew Brees era unforms from 2001

Purdue definitely looks better than they've looked the last few years. However, this is the uniform they should of went back to.

spacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 6
  • Love 1

14 hours ago, HOOVER said:

Dude…good eye.  That’s not the same shiny pant that the Cowboys & Raiders are wearing.

I wonder if this is a new pant they’re adding back into the mix in 2024?  Or, they had Ripon make these and it’s their template with a Swoosh sewn on?

I really don’t know what to make of the new Vandy pants, but I do think they’re dazzle. Kansas State is the only other big-name Nike program that wears dazzle pants, and those use a different template than these new Vandy pants. The pants that KSU have worn for the last several years seem like an altered version of Nike’s Elite 51 template, as they have the same exact upper thigh seams. I would say Nike makes them or at least provided specs for Ripon to use in manufacturing.

spacer.png

spacer.png

It’s possible that it’s the same for Vandy, but I find it a bit odd that it’s a different template. Very possible that they’re an actual Ripon template.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

2 hours ago, Eszcz21 said:

Purdue definitely looks better than they've looked the last few years. However, this is the uniform they should of went back to.

spacer.pngspacer.png

Since a lot of people associate uniforms with players that wore them, would this be considered the “Kerrigan Era Set”?

3 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fimg.umterps.com%2FEloquaImages%2Fclients%2FPACmaryland%2F%257B5aa11929-44d9-47c5-a9ca-361e2d1362e4%257D_2023_FB_PROMO_SCHEDULE_TOP.jpg&t=1692103771&ymreqid=6705fec8-a8af-7e74-1cb8-000004019c00&sig=aYhXH7zF18DbfSPpaRItgQ--~D

Possible hint for when they plan to wear that gold jersey. As long as they go with the red helmet instead of a gold lid it should be a good look. 

I think they would opt for black helmet - gold jersey - and either black pants or white pants.  Would love to see gold pants, not sure if they are in the cards for this year.  Highly doubt they would every make gold helmets, but we've seen some questionable Maryland uniform sets before lol.

marylandmini.png

12 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

Since a lot of people associate uniforms with players that wore them, would this be considered the “Kerrigan Era Set”?

I'd leave it up to Purdue fans, but I definitely associate them with Kerrigan or Kyle Orton. Even though the Orton uniforms had the logo on the sleeve and numbers on the shoulder.

21 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

I really don’t know what to make of the new Vandy pants, but I do think they’re dazzle. Kansas State is the only other big-name Nike program that wears dazzle pants, and those use a different template than these new Vandy pants. The pants that KSU have worn for the last several years seem like an altered version of Nike’s Elite 51 template, as they have the same exact upper thigh seams. I would say Nike makes them or at least provided specs for Ripon to use in manufacturing.

spacer.png

spacer.png

It’s possible that it’s the same for Vandy, but I find it a bit odd that it’s a different template. Very possible that they’re an actual Ripon template.

Vandy's pants have that same short horizontal seam reinforcement at the bottom of the thigh pad pocket seen in those gold pants and KSU's pants.

They may be an updated model from whoever makes Kansas State's pants.

My working theory is that Vandy wanted the gold to match the new branding, and Nike couldn't do that. Instead, they outsourced the gold pants and removed the gold stripes from the jerseys since they wouldn't match.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Ted Cunningham said:

But why do the helmet and pants stripes not match? 🤔

They don't have to to look good.

These look good.

• Like 1

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

3 hours ago, Chicageaux said:

My favorite part of these is how they shoe-horned the military salute with the BFBS.

Still wish this wasn't happening, but if they *have* to do black this is one of the best possible outcomes. The master stripe is prominent and properly applied, script Gators is still on the helmet, the only real misstep is the script Gators also appearing on the chest but that's not a huge deal. Dare I say, this is the best "off-brand" alternate they've ever done... but considering the contenders are the gator skin, that one with one orange shoulder, and a couple of Pro Combat ones, that's not too high of a bar to clear.

ExJworW.png