2023-24 NHL Jersey Changes

Chewbacca

Not of a fan of the Flyers recent update. The swoopy taper of the original jersey and 2010 rebirth had some intentionality to it. Expanding the shoulder and sleeve stripe to take up more space just looks like someone tried to approximate that 70's look and got stuck with a bad template that isn't quite there. I would've preferred a full readopting of the 80's/90's jerseys to this half step. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 1

PvO6ZWJ.png

39 minutes ago, Sport said:

Not of a fan of the Flyers recent update. The swoopy taper of the original jersey and 2010 rebirth had some intentionality to it. Expanding the shoulder and sleeve stripe to take up more space just looks like someone tried to approximate that 70's look and got stuck with a bad template that isn't quite there. I would've preferred a full readopting of the 80's/90's jerseys to this half step. 

I respectfully disagree... I really like this update. The arm numbers are the only thing that throws me off with this set. I actually think they work well, but I'm not used to them. Other than that, I feel like the return of the darker orange is fantastic and the jersey itself is clean.

2 minutes ago, PlayGloria said:

I respectfully disagree... I really like this update. The arm numbers are the only thing that throws me off with this set. I actually think they work well, but I'm not used to them. Other than that, I feel like the return of the darker orange is fantastic and the jersey itself is clean.

They didn't need to change the shape of the stripes to update the orange. I actually like the single color numbers, but the jerseys now are the same amount of "clean" as before. They just chunkified the sleeve stripe and it's no longer the shape that made those Flyers jerseys the famous Flyers jerseys. Now they look like the 80's jerseys, but they don't have the extra black outlining and it feels like it's missing something. I watched it in action last night for the first time and we're discussing personal preferences now, but I don't think it's an improvement. 

• Like 1

PvO6ZWJ.png

9 hours ago, JohnnyCowboy5 said:

Sens jersey ad

It was nice to cheer for a team that didn't have a jersey ad, but I knew this was inevitable. I hate justifying it, but at least it's just a small, single-colour logo. When I heard it would be CIBC I was expecting the red rectangle patch.

Capitals Announce Blue W Third Jersey To Be Worn for 11 Home Dates During 2023-24 Season

Below is a schedule of the games the Capitals will wear the third jerseys:

Oct. 27             vs. Minnesota Wild                   7 p.m.               

Nov. 2              vs. New York Islanders             7 p.m.               

Nov. 8              vs. Florida Panthers                   7:30 p.m.        

Nov. 24             vs. Edmonton Oilers                  3 p.m.             

Dec. 30             vs. Nashville Predators              7 p.m.           

Jan. 7               vs. Los Angeles Kings               3 p.m.               

Jan. 16              vs. Anaheim Ducks                   7 p.m.              

Feb. 6               vs. Montreal Canadiens             7 p.m.             

Feb. 20             vs. New Jersey Devils               7 p.m.               

March. 9           vs. Chicago Blackhawks            7 p.m.            

March 30          vs. Boston Bruins                      7 p.m.              

2 hours ago, Sport said:

They didn't need to change the shape of the stripes to update the orange. I actually like the single color numbers, but the jerseys now are the same amount of "clean" as before. They just chunkified the sleeve stripe and it's no longer the shape that made those Flyers jerseys the famous Flyers jerseys. Now they look like the 80's jerseys, but they don't have the extra black outlining and it feels like it's missing something. I watched it in action last night for the first time and we're discussing personal preferences now, but I don't think it's an improvement. 

I'm torn on if I want the black outline or not, but I'm seeing where your at with it now. I looked it up and they added the black trim in 1982. I think your right that it might feel more complete with the black trim especially with the black sleeve numbers. It's a definite upgrade over the previous set, but now you have me wondering if they should have just returned to that 80s set. 

2 hours ago, BrySmalls said:

Capitals Announce Blue W Third Jersey To Be Worn for 11 Home Dates During 2023-24 Season

Below is a schedule of the games the Capitals will wear the third jerseys:

Oct. 27             vs. Minnesota Wild                   7 p.m.               

Nov. 2              vs. New York Islanders             7 p.m.               

Nov. 8              vs. Florida Panthers                   7:30 p.m.        

Nov. 24             vs. Edmonton Oilers                  3 p.m.             

Dec. 30             vs. Nashville Predators              7 p.m.           

Jan. 7               vs. Los Angeles Kings               3 p.m.               

Jan. 16              vs. Anaheim Ducks                   7 p.m.              

Feb. 6               vs. Montreal Canadiens             7 p.m.             

Feb. 20             vs. New Jersey Devils               7 p.m.               

March. 9           vs. Chicago Blackhawks            7 p.m.            

March 30          vs. Boston Bruins                      7 p.m.              

Huh. It seems strange that this is season four of this alternate and they have yet to wear it against the Rangers.

On 10/11/2023 at 10:42 PM, ruttep said:

Video of how it looks on a broadcast:

Looks pretty good to me. I like the idea of having a special jersey to wear against Original 6 opponents in the centennial season, although I still wish they brought out one-off throwbacks to match each of their "era nights."

When's the last time there was an NHL regular season game with both teams wearing dark helmets? I'm getting flashbacks to my days working in the SPHL, where every team had just one set of buckets, and most likely black or blue.

17 minutes ago, YELDARBfield said:

When's the last time there was an NHL regular season game with both teams wearing dark helmets?

The Stadium Series last year.

cut-900x506.jpg

• Like 2

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

13 hours ago, YELDARBfield said:

When's the last time there was an NHL regular season game with both teams wearing dark helmets? I'm getting flashbacks to my days working in the SPHL, where every team had just one set of buckets, and most likely black or blue.

Any game last year when the Hurricanes had their red helmet on the road

• Like 1
  • Hurl 1

1 hour ago, Nordiks_19 said:

Any game last year when the Hurricanes had their red helmet on the road

So most recent would technically be Eastern Conference Finals Game 4.

Side note, red helmets on the road is completely atrocious. Please, Carolina, never do that again. You look like a minor league team that can't afford another helmet.

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1
  • Dislike 1