2023 - 2024 NBA changes

DJT

NBA should bring back sleeve uniforms for each team thats all black (bfsb) and funky fonts with zero matching to the teams identity and you guys in here would have a meltdown of epic proportion and I would come in here and have the biggest smile on my face :)

1 hour ago, andregunts said:

Guys please please please, tell me you guys love this 😍

spacer.png

It's actually one of my favorite City designs. I'm not that crazy about the Indy wordmark, but they remind me of the '90s prototypes with the teal/light blue.

EGjVLoLWkAEQkc8.png

• Like 10

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

6 hours ago, NYCdog said:

Dunkstronaut at center court. I love how this logo incorporates both the Type R logo as well as the former shark toothed rocket logo on the leg. Great base for a rebrand. 

I can’t even lie… I love this. 

• Like 3

Here is Indiana's court with a game in progress. Ummm ... it's definitely different. Kinda seems feels like a FIBA tourney game or something? 

• Hurl 2
  • Huh? 1
  • Facepalm 1

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

3 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

Tonight is the night where everyone realizes just how badly the NBA has jumped the shark. Seeing these courts in action right now on League Pass and I can honestly say this is one of the worst decisions I've ever seen made in any of the Big Four sports.

Not everyone. The 14 year olds on Twitter think it’s fire. The NBA’s target audience.

Watching the games tonight, I almost wonder if the prominence of black in this year's City editions was the result of the NBA's decisions regarding the In-Season tournament. Knowing that there would be a multitude of colored courts, perhaps the reliance on black was recommended by the NBA to the teams/Nike in order to help visibility. Not that it matters, the games still aren't easy to watch. 

• Like 4

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

16 hours ago, andregunts said:

4bf.png

10 hours ago, tscuzzy said:

spacer.png

Absolutely disgusting. 

At least most of the floor here is typical wood tone, so we still have contrast. This one is merely unsightly as opposed to horrific.

6 hours ago, bbush24 said:

Not everyone. The 14 year olds on Twitter think it’s fire. The NBA’s target audience.

Are the zoomies gonna buy the courts too, just like they allegedly buy out all the new cherry blossom and AIDS needle themed city/icon/epic/whatever jerseys that get rolled out or recolored every year? There was zero reason for the league to do something like this except for attention. Like I said before, the NBA is shamelessly in its "no such thing as bad publicity" era and has gotten way hoggier than the NFL.

• Like 1

As much as it looked perplexing and contradicting design-wise, I didn't want to sound like the older guy who can't take any novelty and wanted to see how these courts would play out (or how the NBA would make them to), but... they are exactly as visually and aesthetically dysfunctional as anticipated.

Ironically, one of the worst courts on paper, the Bucks, ended up being the least problematic and ugly last night. There's just way too much color saturation and visual clutter and not enough contrast with the players on these courts. The NBA just flat out decided to forego any design principles in terms of functionality with these for the sake of in-your-face attention-grabbing effect.

Now it was impossible to watch the highlights not only for the absence of playmaking and constant jacking up of threes that the NBA game has become, but it was hard to look at the picture. If the NBA was wise, they would ditch these courts right away.

What's interesting, the one element that ended up actually "making sense" is the "runway" lane, and it also looks appealing from the rim camera angle. They could've limited the tournament floor graphics only to that (with the center court trophy) and focused on it while keeping the regular wood stain elsewhere.

julius-randle-bucks-inset-3-getty.jpg?qu

• Like 3

On 11/3/2023 at 1:52 AM, kimball said:

The Jazz's City Court. 

inline_lg

Don't feel like this monochrome purple is the Jazz look at all, they need the light blue in there with it. I get Kings' (and the other rival purple teams') vibes from this floor, but not the Jazz'.