Raysox's States Baseball League 33/52 (DE, PA, IA)

raysox

Utah - I wasn’t sure of the colors at first, but they have grown on me. I spent some time in SLC and Park City for hockey so I’ve always thought of high mountains and cold climate. Had to remind myself that Utah itself is extremely diverse. I love the script. It screams Utah!

Nevada - I think the “N” and script work perfectly. The white panel on the hat and gray jersey feel off to me, but that’s my own personal distaste for gray and white sharing space (I say this fully knowing that white and gray are staples of uniform design in baseball haha). I have a similar discomfort when I see white and yellow/gold interact. It does look like a uniform that Nevada - Reno could throw straight into their rotation. I mean it as a good thing, but I do recall you saying that you were trying to stay away from existing college colors.

Georgia - This one is really fun! I like the script a lot. I wish peach was more prominent in the uniform, though. Nothing too much, just an extra splash.

This is the most fun I’ve had around the Concept forum in awhile! Keep it up

• Like 1
  • Love 1

INDIANA 7/52

I felt like of all the plain yellow and blue leaning states, Indiana has a decent enough history that really leaned into this design. I started with an italicized I that used a checkered pattern to fade into blue. This would be like a checkered flag, which i'm sure you can figure why I went with. A pullover felt right here, and a checkered cuff felt right too. Come to think of it, I should have done racing stripes! 
States-Jerseys-Indiana.png

MINNESOTA 8/52

Minnesota was a very early team in this series. The idea felt like it had been done before, but It felt right. I made an M with two trees in the negative space, and a north star at the top - similar to the new Twins cap logo. The duel purples and light blue feel northern and cold, despite similarities to the vikings - it was more for the northern lights and icy winters.
States-Jerseys-Minnesota.png

NEW YORK 9/52
New York needed a strong NY logo, but unfortunately the Mets and Yankees corner the market on good monograms. I've used this logo for personal baseball projects before and put it in orange and navy. The script is simple and blocky, where the jersey has stripes down the sleeves and an off white color because I felt like a team from New York could pull it off.
States-Jerseys-New-York.png

• Like 17
  • Love 7
  • Applause 1

1 hour ago, coco1997 said:

That Minnesota set looks like the Twins and Timberwolves got together and had a beautiful baby. 

Ever consider adding front numbers to any of these designs? I feel like a few of them would look more complete with them. 

There's a few with numbers, they just haven't come up yet! Were you thinking Minnesota?

14 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

I beg of you to take a simplistic approach to Maryland. Everything here is top notch so far!

😬 Might have to make some edits

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

• raysox changed the title to Raysox's States Baseball League 9/52 (IN, MN, NY)

Good gosh, these concepts are beautiful, and as an avid OOTP player I love the idea, too!

Georgia and Utah are spectacular! Huge fan of the classic looking New York as well! Very well done! 

Indiana is good, but in terms of the other states and their unique colors, I feel like taking the navy/yellow scheme of the Indiana state flag/Indiana Pacers just doesn’t hit as hard as some of the others. As a Hoosier, and an Indiana University fan, I think of the color red when I think of my state, and our state bird is even the cardinal. I think it’d be a more explosive design if a cardinal red replaced navy. A red and yellow scheme would be unique and fit the state well I think. Just my two cents.

I’m absolutely loving this series! Keep up the amazing work! I’ll be checking in constantly for more updates!

Very fun series! One comment - for the Indiana hat, maybe use the checkerboard on the left side of the letter? On the right side, it almost makes the I look like an E. Also, with the italicized letter, putting checkerboards on the left side make it look like it just went past the finish line and is therefore the winner. Maybe even use that same I/checkerboard logo to start the team script on the jersey and tie them both in together.

• Like 2

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

16 hours ago, TalktoChuck said:

These are all top-notch, as always. My only critique is that most of the cap logos would benefit greatly from losing the drop shadows and outlines.  With cap logos, less is always more.

Hey dude! Haven't seen you around in a while, welcome back!

This was a really good comment, and it made me go back and look at a lot of the stuff I made. On OOTP, logos with a dark colored background on the dark UI have little fringes, so I default using a light border to make that easier on the eye. When I designed them, that's what I was going for. But you are absolutely right and i'm going to keep this in mind going forward. Here is a New York revision with that taken into account. I did the same for Georgia, and two more you'll be seeing in the next few days.

States-Jerseys-New-York.png

15 hours ago, TheMilkman said:

Indiana is good, but in terms of the other states and their unique colors, I feel like taking the navy/yellow scheme of the Indiana state flag/Indiana Pacers just doesn’t hit as hard as some of the others. As a Hoosier, and an Indiana University fan, I think of the color red when I think of my state, and our state bird is even the cardinal. I think it’d be a more explosive design if a cardinal red replaced navy. A red and yellow scheme would be unique and fit the state well I think. Just my two cents.

15 hours ago, slapshot said:

Very fun series! One comment - for the Indiana hat, maybe use the checkerboard on the left side of the letter? On the right side, it almost makes the I look like an E. Also, with the italicized letter, putting checkerboards on the left side make it look like it just went past the finish line and is therefore the winner. Maybe even use that same I/checkerboard logo to start the team script on the jersey and tie them both in together.

I went with the color of the flag for Indiana. Like I said earlier, states are bigger than their most popular teams. But Slapshot's comment was something I had thought about after posting. I think the motion would also work on the left side. Also i could probably pull off having it in the script. Without further adieu, here's an Indiana revision (hey and a front number, and less outlines ont he cap logo too!)

• Like 5
  • Love 2
  • Applause 1

1 hour ago, raysox said:

I went with the color of the flag for Indiana. Like I said earlier, states are bigger than their most popular teams. But Slapshot's comment was something I had thought about after posting. I think the motion would also work on the left side. Also i could probably pull off having it in the script. Without further ado, here's an Indiana revision (hey and a front number, and less outlines ont he cap logo too!)

I know it says “INDIANA” but with the checkered pattern in the I, it reads as just “NDIANA” to me.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

I know it says “INDIANA” but with the checkered pattern in the I, it reads as just “NDIANA” to me.

Thicken the stroke of the I to match the other one. Even the cap logo is a bit more bold.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Colorado 10/52
Colorado's flag could be a solid baseball brand, but instead I went with "purple mountains majesty", just like the Rockies did. I tried to separate this from the real Colorado look as much as I could, but borrowed their colors. Originally I had a C with mountains inset, but instead went with a classic looking C logo made by hand. The script is a basic condensed font, with the A having no crossbar to represent a mountain/elevation.
States-Jerseys-Colorado.png

Texas 11/52
Texas obviously would be one of the best teams if this tournament took place in real life.  I made a T logo with long horns as the horizontal bar at the top. The script is a matching western font. The colors were always going to be red and navy, but I'm really liking the Rangers light blue uniforms since their rebrand. I used a light blue, but made it slightly more muted so it would stick out just a little bit holistically.

States-Jerseys-Texas.png

Hawaii 12/52
Pretty simple for the Islanders. Definitely inspired by the Rainbow Warriors brand, i put some tribal shape on the right side. The colors are inspired by the native Hawaiian flag - which obviously uses green, yellow, and red. I just didn't want to overdue it with this one and provide a bold uniform to wear since the colors were kind of muddling together while building it.

States-Jerseys-Hawaii.png

• Like 10
  • Love 3

• raysox changed the title to Raysox's States Baseball League 12/52 (CO, TX, HI)

Great stuff as always man, you always put a lot of thought into your designs, and such a cool idea! Man I used to spend days in OOTP, would've spent longer had I realized I could create my own teams. Indiana is probably my favorite, love that I monogram with the racing stripes. And thanks for using navy and orange for NY, wish all teams would.

I agree with above that the tribal design could work great as sleeve accents as well (but that's just because I can't get enough of that pattern, put it on everything!)

I love the blue jersey for Texas. Only nitpick would be that the T is veering closely into looking like an "I" with horns, since the horns are separated by the stroke. I think it'd read better if you got rid of that and just let the horns run into the "I" bar.

• Like 1

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

Man, that Indiana design is great, especially with the added front numbers. The checkered trim gives the jersey a ton of personality. I'm wondering if the "I" on the cap might read better if you went with a white front paneled cap, making the "I" navy to match the wordmark?

Hawaii and Colorado are also awesome. Colorado looks like the basis for a much-needed Rockies identity refresh. Any chance we could see your original version with the mountains inside the "C"?

Texas - It could just be my eyes, but the red and navy piping seems to bleed together. Maybe separating the piping with a white stripe would help that? And I agree with @chestnutz that the cap logo does look like a stylized "I" with horns. 

Keep up the awesome work! You keep hitting home runs with this series. 

• Like 1