Raysox's States Baseball League 33/52 (DE, PA, IA)

raysox

Maine 22/52
Maine's logo was an idea i had for a few weeks, and finally sat down to make, came together very fast on the first try. Yes, that is lobster claws making an M. Definitely could have gone a few directions, but feel like i needed more blue and red teams. I saw jersey striping like this on another thread and wanted to mimic it. The faint pinstripes added a little bit of texture and old school vibes.
States-Jerseys-Maine.png

Oklahoma 23/52

Oklahoma's logo centered around the color scheme. I didn't want to just copy the Sooners, but I do love this color of burgundy. The colors are taken directly from the Oklahoma flag. The O logo is based on the Osage buffalo skin shield that also is on the flag. I felt like this had to be a classier look, and went with an off white with trim on the collar.

States-Jerseys-Oklahoma.png

South Carolina 24/52
South Carolina was a brand that I had in my head since the beginning and i finally put it together. What's funny is this went through the most revisions before posting. I tried three different fonts, sat on it, then wanted to change it. The flag has the famous palmetto tree and crescent moon. The palm makes the I and the crescent makes the O. The original cap logo had an S-tree-C lockup, but I wanted to try the one you see below and it was too clean not to make the final version.
States-Jerseys-South-Carolina.png

Starting to slow down because I only have 3 more in the can after this trio! If you haven't seen your state, definitely open to suggestions. I don't want to say what I have done or plans for though. The colors I have ear marked can be seen below!

States-Logos.png

• Like 9
  • Love 6
  • Applause 1

• raysox changed the title to Raysox's States Baseball League 24/52 (ME, OK, SC)

New Jersey - I was really curious how you'd handle this one, and you totally delivered. The color scheme just works. 

Ohio - The nod to the '80s racing striped Indians is fantastic. This is one that might benefit from front numbers, maybe in red?

New Mexico - I love the direction here, but I'm not feeling the solid red cap. Any thought to a gold front panel? The NM flag is gold with the zia in red, so that might be something to consider.

Maine - Love the claw logo. Those shades of blue and red really pop!

Oklahoma - Gorgeous color scheme. The dreamcatcher O? Brilliant. 

South Carolina - I'd consider lightening the color of the jersey just a touch for better contrast with the wordmark and sleeve stripes. Also, maybe this is too obvious, but did you consider making the "C" in the monogram into a crescent moon?

• Like 1

Hey dudes. Bit of a slow down on my part but there's currently 5 you haven't seen, including one of my new favorites. 

Until then, I wanted to change up Georgia. I liked the black and peach, but I think this is a good side movement and frees up a black/white color scheme for one of their neighbors. 
States-Jerseys-Georgia.png

• Like 12

Catching up again:

• Louisiana: Looks great. Like others have said, I love the cap logo, font, & fleur-de-lis(es? Is that the plural?). Maybe the sleeve striping could match the in-line style of the font, if that makes sesne?
  • Arkansas: The font choice & diamond logo are both really nice. It feels right for them without deriving from the college team at all. Great job!
  • Maryland: Love it! Incorporates the iconic flag nicely without being at all overbearing. My only suggestion would be that the red “M” on the cap might get a little lost from a distance, I’d personally go with white, but I think yellow would work too. 
  • New Jersey: I’m not sure what color scheme I would have picked for them, but this feels right. I love the script, and the decision to go with a gold base was a good one!
  • Ohio: The racing stripes are great, and the font feels right. Another hit!
  • New Mexico: As expected, I adore the color scheme! Unfortunately, I fear the red might still get lost on the turquoise background (especially since they’re pretty much complimentary colors, things will tend to muddle). I think a white outline or flipping the colors on the wordmark would probably be best. I also agree with @TheGiantsFan that the “Zia” symbol might work better for the cap logo due to its simplicity.
  • Maine: Looks good! The cap logo is great, and the jersey gives me a bit of Expos vibes, which is fitting for the region.
  • Oklahoma: I was a bit hesitant with the color scheme at first, but it is a bit of a nice blend between the Sooners and the Thunder. The “O” logo is very nice and perfect for the state, and the striping on just the collar is a very unique but nice look.
  • South Carolina: One of my favorites so far! I love the font, and incorporating the palmetto & crescent moon was a must. This is completely random, but I’ve long felt that like a color something like this below (almost a clay color) would pair well with the navy for South Carolina, although the navy looks great on its own, too: 
    • ZMvtdnE.jpg
  • Georgia update: I honestly preferred the black with pinstripes, as that was a unique look, but the navy looks good too. Maybe peach pinstripes or something would help liven it up a bit more.

Looking forward to the second half of teams! Amazing work all around so far!

• Love 1

South Dakota 25/52
This one is a little off the wall but hear me out. For the Mount Rushmore state, I went back to the deep well that is the state birds list. The Ringed Neck Pheasant is a colorful bird that I took inspiration from. The head is a burgundy and blue, with the body having a gradient pattern of orange and gold with dots. Clearly, I took inspiration from the Devil Rays for this. I think the colors are super strong, but would like to hear feedback on the overall design!
States-Jerseys-South-Dakota.png

Idaho 26/52

Wow half way already? Idaho is known as the Gem State. Great, that we can work off of. A list of the more popular gems include Jade, and the state gem, the Star Garnet. Jade and a deep purplish color gives me an excuse to make a Mighty Ducks looking brand for Idaho. Because that was the idea, I needed to make this look very 1990s expansion team. The script was easy enough since the state name is small, but I did heavy drop shadows on both the script and cap logo. The cap logo is an I paired with the state outline, and the letter features the usual star found on said Star Garnet.

States-Jerseys-Idaho.png

Rhode Island 27/52

Really struggled to figure out what I wanted for the smallest state. I had a random moment of inspiration while on a flight to make a logo that featured the anchor from the state flag paired with an RI. This was made the same week the Mariners City Connect came out too. I think this cap may be one of the best yet. The pinstripes are really unique in that they're stroked and feature less stripes, kind of like the Pirates used to have in the 90s.
States-Jerseys-Rhode-Island.png

Have took a self imposed break on doing any design after my real job, and may come back with some more this week. Oregon and North Dakota are the ones that are done. I have ideas for plenty of states, but it's a matter of pulling them off how I have in my mind - easier said than done.

Thanks for your continued support, this is my most successful concept thread in years and I really appreciate everyone commenting!

• Like 7
  • Love 3
  • Applause 2

You know I'm always down for some bird influences, so I'm loving what you did for SD. Unique color choices are always a win in my book! And you're right, that RI set is a beaut, love the beveling on it to give a touch more visual interest.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

• raysox changed the title to Raysox's States Baseball League 27/52 (SD, ID, RI)

Gotta say, I love that Rhode Island set. It really gives a day on a boat type feel with those bordered pinstripes, which leads me to make a suggestion: how about a little rope on the hat where the crown meets brim, ala a captain's hat and yacht club hats. There's some precedent in baseball with the Seattle Pilots and the Cincinnati CC caps. The other states all look amazing, too. 

• Love 1

13 minutes ago, raysox said:

Idaho 26/52

Wow half way already? Idaho is known as the Gem State. Great, that we can work off of. A list of the more popular gems include Jade, and the state gem, the Star Garnet. Jade and a deep purplish color gives me an excuse to make a Mighty Ducks looking brand for Idaho. Because that was the idea, I needed to make this look very 1990s expansion team. The script was easy enough since the state name is small, but I did heavy drop shadows on both the script and cap logo. The cap logo is an I paired with the state outline, and the letter features the usual star found on said Star Garnet.

States-Jerseys-Idaho.png

Love it! And the green can play up the City of Trees nickname Boise has too. 

Big thumbs up from the resident Idaho native!

• Love 1

AmPJ0Ty.png 

On 5/15/2023 at 12:57 PM, kb105 said:

Gotta say, I love that Rhode Island set. It really gives a day on a boat type feel with those bordered pinstripes, which leads me to make a suggestion: how about a little rope on the hat where the crown meets brim, ala a captain's hat and yacht club hats. There's some precedent in baseball with the Seattle Pilots and the Cincinnati CC caps. The other states all look amazing, too. 

Late night post! This thread slowed down obviously because of real life, but I don't think I was as proud of some recent work as I had been when I posted it. Instead of trekking forward, I took a step back and wanted to redo some I felt could be better.

This comment was so good I wish I thought of it. I did really like Rhode Island's, but I felt like the Iogo wasn't cohesive. The pinstripes were cool, but I think I could have done it better. Here is an update. The hat features a fake rope, with a rope pattern replacing the pinstripes. But the biggest update is a new RI monogram where the I forms the anchor. 

States-Jerseys-Rhode-Island.png

South Dakota is another update. I think the more I looked at it the more I felt i could do something better. Short of drawing a pheasant, it felt flat but the idea was there. I chose a new font and adjusted the colors in the gradient to be a bolder gold and orange.
States-Jerseys-South-Dakota.png

I finished Mississippi tonight and Oregon has been done for a bit. I think i'm gonna move forward right now although I am thinking about the comments on previous ones. Although every time I see Minnesota I feel like it could be cleaned up significantly. That may be the next update.

Also @JerseyJimmy DM'd me and asked what a few teams looked like - would that be something you all would be interested in for finished teams?

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

I like the new RI monogram, but the R is actually lost for me. It looks more like a P. Maybe that crossbar/angled leg of the R could be adjusted to show the R more. 

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10