Arizona Cardinals new uniform extravaganza

CaliforniaGlowin

2 hours ago, Bathysphere said:

I come with no knife, as I did remember him saying at times that he was skeptical about the differences in the helmet and rumored color scheme.  That just made it even harder for me to believe that it could possibly be real. It’s understandable that he wouldn’t have assumed not only that his words would have so much power but also that his readers would have so little reading comprehension as to take his word at gospel. Nobody acknowledged TruColor when he expressed skepticism in the rumors, just continued to speculate on how they would be really implemented because they were so obviously real. I even caught @oldschoolvikings implying it was real because TruColor said it was (last chance to say ‘sike,’ big dog). It just feels like a lapse in form for the boards on the whole.

Again, not saying that anything TruColor has done is wrong. Just pointing out a rather seismic cause and effect.

Remember he said he saw the helmet WITHOUT a sticker. That still fits in with the colors that didn't turn out. 

Take it easy. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, IceCap said:

Counter-point- The Cards have a history of their red and white jerseys not being mirrors of each other 

Good point about the jerseys, but I will counter with their pants always had stripes starting in 1948. 

• Like 1

spacer.png

2 minutes ago, plastictaxicab said:

I know there have already been suggestions/mocks for fixes, but if they just stop with the monochrome, this set could be half-decent. They just need to field the right parts together.

spacer.png

It just occurred to me, but the Cardinals white over red look reminds me of the DC Defenders 2023 road uniform: 

spacer.png

• Like 4

spacer.png

6 minutes ago, plastictaxicab said:

I know there have already been suggestions/mocks for fixes, but if they just stop with the monochrome, this set could be half-decent. They just need to field the right parts together.

spacer.png

Why is the A R I Z O N A so close to the top of the number? And so low below the collar? What kind of amateur hour crap is this? Reminiscent of an Adidas Eastern Washington template (and I despise Adidas college templates).

I do agree with the OP that ditching monochrome is superior. Great road look. 

• Like 1

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

Does anyone else like the updated shade of red? That's one of my favorite parts of the uniform and a big upgrade over the previous red used. It feels like it's got a little bit more life to it now.

• Like 1

a2BRS8U.png

11 minutes ago, TenaciousG said:

Why is the A R I Z O N A so close to the top of the number? And so low below the collar? What kind of amateur hour crap is this? Reminiscent of an Adidas Eastern Washington template (and I despise Adidas college templates).

It looks like it's because of the new jersey cut. 

ARIZONA looks like it's placed the highest in can be without having to be stitched over the bottom point of the triangle where the shoulder piece of fabric meets the torso piece of fabric.

IbjBaeE.png

1 hour ago, nuordr said:

I disagree as I believe all parts of the uniforms should match. Not only the stripes, but TV numbers and the wordmark.  The best comment I've seen yet came from my Sports Aesthetics Facebook page, "this is why designers NEED to have OCD" so mismatched uniforms would not exist. 

I used to feel this way, too, and do about most things...but sometimes there is a place for variance, especially if there's history or a story behind it.  Otherwise, a design can look too technical.

Also, having a pant or jersey WITHOUT a matching stripe allows for easier use of combos.  The Cardinals not having stripes on their Red jerseys or pants allows them to wear those components with the other jerseys & pants without having non-matching stripe colors, which, to me, works better.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Counterpoint - the wordmark screams college and high school football.  STATE   TECH   NORTH

It isn't part of the NFL 'look'.

No disagreement there.  I liked the mock-up posted here earlier today where there was a wordmark, but it was a normal 1" embroidered type, not a 3" tall twill type.  Given Arizona's uniform history, they would've been fine without a wordmark at all, like they did on the Black & White sets.  I think the inconsistency is what hurts this set most.

• Like 1

Changes I'd make...

Get rid of the ARIZONA on the red jerseys 

Put white stripes on the red pants

Make the road striping red and black instead of silver and red 

Replace the CARDINALS wordmark on the sleeves with the Arizona state flag 

• Like 8

4 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

For a program that is supposedly no longer necessary, why are teams still making Color Rash their third design? And now we know what college teams would look like if they kept those big wordmarks with the Fusion template. And if I were them, I wouldn't use that template.

Arizona Cardinals unveil new uniforms for the 2023 season

Smaller wordmarks will work well with it, but this is just too low.

Arizona Cardinals wide receiver Marquise "Hollywood" Brown (2) and Arizona Cardinals running back James Conner (6) pose for a photo during a photoshoot for the 2023 Arizona Cardinals Uniforms on Thursday, April 13, 2023.

The home uniform is the worst look of the three. The white uniform is the best. I'd hope the red pants aren't used as much, at least with the home uniform. They should have at least added stripes to match up with the other pants. And with 9 players showing off three sets of uniforms, how about you change up the combos instead of three all white, red, and black? 

Man those numbers are placed so differently from each other lol

• Like 2

SqZ68qe.png

tL45BrE.png

47 minutes ago, nuordr said:

I can understand your point about the alternate being different. But the home and road should at least be the same and unfortunately that is not the case with the Cardinals. 

So you're telling us you hated the Tillman-era uniforms, too?

6 minutes ago, IceCap said:

Changes I'd make...

Get rid of the ARIZONA on the red jerseys 

Put white stripes on the red pants

Make the road striping red and black instead of silver and red 

Replace the CARDINALS wordmark on the sleeves with the Arizona state flag 

This is just saying you want the pre-05 uniforms with extra steps

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HOOVER said:

So you're telling us you hated the Tillman-era uniforms, too?

I liked them back then, but my tastes have changed drastically. I used to be the person that wanted all college teams like Texas, Alabama, and Penn State to come out with Pro Combat uniforms and go modern. But I grew out of that as well as growing out of liking the Tillman uniforms. 

But to be honest, the Tillman uniforms only looked great because the last set was bad. I've never been a fan of the Cardinals uniforms mainly because of the horrid gray facemask. But thankfully with this new set, the silver facemask ties into other parts of the uniform. 

• Like 1

spacer.png

18 minutes ago, AdobeDesignBG said:

Dude predicted these yesterday morning

He absolutely nailed it. I’m guessing it was less of a prediction and more that he actually saw them and mocked up the design. Or had someone with intimate knowledge telling him how to draw it up. 

• Like 6

My NFL concept series (in progress) --ATL, CLE, NE, WAS done. AZ updated 04/21/23.