Arizona Cardinals new uniform extravaganza

CaliforniaGlowin

I saw a few posts talking about "natural progression" and the idea that these are modernized Tillman-era uniforms. I think that's exactly what the Cardinals were going for, but they just got a little too Nike-fied.

• Like 4

If I could make adjustments: 

- replace silver with a sand color, can be a more-grey sand too, including in the helmet speckles

- no wordmark on sleeves, make the stripes on the sleeve caps a bit bigger

- contrasting jerseys and pants

- hell, fine with the giant wordmark, it's just too big. Scale it down just a tad

That's all they really had to do to give us something unique. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

Can somebody mock up what the white jerseya would look like with the black pants? I think the red pants look good, but I'm curious about that combo. 

Seeing mock-up's of these with the pants mixed and matched has me liking this set a lot more than last night. 

• Like 1

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_

5 minutes ago, KittSmith_95 said:

Can somebody mock up what the white jerseya would look like with the black pants? I think the red pants look good, but I'm curious about that combo. 

Seeing mock-up's of these with the pants mixed and matched has me liking this set a lot more than last night. 

no no no, we can't let them become the Jets of the NFC

• Like 3

How could anyone blame TruColor for just sharing what he had heard and literally saying the entire time that he even had doubts? I get that this board takes uniform design to another level, but come on. Just because the board went crazy with the idea of a new color scheme isn't his fault. 

I'll be honest, without those rumors, the last few weeks wouldn't have been as fun. The build up with zero leaks was more fun than the reveal. 

• Like 7

Just now, PlayGloria said:

How could anyone blame TruColor for just sharing what he had heard and literally saying the entire time that he even had doubts? I get that this board takes uniform design to another level, but come on. Just because the board went crazy with the idea of a new color scheme isn't his fault. 

I'll be honest, without those rumors, the last few weeks wouldn't have been as fun. The build up with zero leaks was more fun than the reveal. 

The foreplay is always better than the actual thing, and for that we honor @TruColor in the highest

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2

So why the silver? That’s probably my biggest gripe with the set. If the red jersey had black outlines on the numbers they would be fantastic. The big Arizona on the front is great and makes an otherwise fairly plain jersey much better. 

If they swapped all the silver here with black, it would be a much better set. The silver stripe disappears way to much. I’d also slap on a big Arizona or Cardinals on the road jersey too. 

• Like 1

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

I appreciate the defense here…again, I said all along that I wasn’t sure I could believe what I was being told. But, what needs to be understood is the level of detail I was getting, along with the some of the personal info being exchanged made me take the guy seriously. But, I always took it with a grain of salt.

Too many members here took bits of information I put out there and let their imaginations run wild as well. I couldn’t believe some of the leaps some people took.

The design that was described to me definitely sounded like a Nike design. It absolutely sounds like something that was probably proposed. He even had a Nike media release with language that I don’t believe he could have made up on his own.

And as a side note - he didn’t provide me with “hex codes”…he provided Pantone values - BIG difference - legitimate values as well. Completely believable on a production-level scale.

I will post these fake/proposed colors on my site when I can get my site updated.

• Like 15

1 hour ago, bowld said:

These honestly dont look too bad. In fact, I really like them when paired like this. Modern take on the Tillman era Cards

spacer.png

Yes what is here looks nice, BUT that ARIZONA is realistically 2in too close to the NFL logo for an accurate look. 

25 minutes ago, TruColor said:

Too many members here took bits of information I put out there and let their imaginations run wild as well. I couldn’t believe some of the leaps some people took.

My interpretation of most members here when there's a new uniform release on the horizon:

• LOL 1
"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

24 minutes ago, TruColor said:

I appreciate the defense here…again, I said all along that I wasn’t sure I could believe what I was being told. But, what needs to be understood is the level of detail I was getting, along with the some of the personal info being exchanged made me take the guy seriously. But, I always took it with a grain of salt.

The design that was described to me definitely sounded like a Nike design. It absolutely sounds like something that was probably proposed. He even had a Nike media release with language that I don’t believe he could have made up on his own.

And as a side note - he didn’t provide me with “hex codes”…he provided Pantone values - BIG difference - legitimate values as well. Completely believable on a production-level scale.

I will post these fake/proposed colors on my site when I can get my site updated.

If I may ask, did the helmet you see match what was released? I’d just be curious about the discrepancy between that and the rumored changing color scheme. 

33 minutes ago, chcarlson23 said:

So why the silver? That’s probably my biggest gripe with the set. If the red jersey had black outlines on the numbers they would be fantastic. The big Arizona on the front is great and makes an otherwise fairly plain jersey much better. 

If they swapped all the silver here with black, it would be a much better set. The silver stripe disappears way to much. I’d also slap on a big Arizona or Cardinals on the road jersey too. 

I'm guessing it looked better than copper. That's the only reason to bring it in over that. 

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

4 hours ago, IceCap said:

That's the thing. I really like the INTENT behind these, but the execution is off just enough to keep me from liking them.

Exactly. I don't dislike them, but I can't really say I like them either. They have the same kind of designed by committee meeting vibe that the Brady era Pats uniforms had. It looks like there were some good ideas, but those ideas were compromised by committee to the point no where no one was happy with the result. These are definitely an improvement over the clown suits we had to endure for all those years, but they could have been so much more.

1 hour ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Monochrome, however, continues to suck.  As does every single non-white color rush uniform. Every one. 

My man. Preach, brother.

• Like 3

BB52Big.jpg

45 minutes ago, PlayGloria said:

my thoughts exactly. TruColor made the last few weeks interesting at least; some times you just swing and miss

• Like 1