College Football 2023

MJWalker45

46 minutes ago, tBBP said:

Alright, enough of this "ACC is the weaker conference" narrative horse💩Here are the numbers as of 25 November:

This season the ACC went 6-4 against the SEC, 4-3 against B1G, but 0-2 against the B12, for an overall out-of-conference (OOC) of 12-9. (Of note: the ACC has played the most OOC games of all the P5s, mainly thanks to Florida State.)

The "perceived to be mighty" SEC? (Though Georgia and Bama clearly are, no disputing that.) 4-6 vs the "weak" ACC, 1-2 vs the B12, 2-1 vs the Pac-12. They played no B1G teams. Their overall OOC record? 7-9.

Want more? Here's the B1G for you: 3-4 vs the "weakest" ACC, 2-1 vs the B12, 0-3 vs the Pac-12. Overall OOC? 5-8.

How about that Pac-12? 3-1 versus the B12, 3-0 vs B1G, 1-2 vs the SEC. Their final OOC record? 7-3.

Then there's the B12, the only P5 conference to play games against each of the other four P5s: 2-0 vs the ACC, 1-2 vs B1G,  1-3 vs the Pac-12 and 2-1 vs the SEC. Overall OOC? 6-6.

So y'all look at those numbers and determine for yourself who's the strongest and who's the weakest again, after it was all said and done between the lines.

If more people would dead the media narratives, see past the bias and look at things for themselves, they may be surprised at what they find. Maybe...the ACC is stronger than people give it credit for? Maybe...the SEC isn't as strong as the media machine-driven bias would have folks think?? Maybe, just maybe...the Pac-12 may have a chance???

Now I'll stand by to see who'll go to what lengths to tear into all this, BUT...as Isiah Thomas would say, "those are the facts".

What are the schools involved in all those matchups? Are we talking Michigan State from the Big Ten? We know it wasn’t Michigan, Ohio State or Penn State. Or even Iowa. We know none of those SEC teams were Alabama, Georgia, Mizzou, Ole Miss, Tennessee and only one was a great-offense-but-bad-defense-LSU. We know Texas and Oklahoma didn’t lose to any ACC teams. Nor did Washington, Oregon or even Oregon State.

LSU seems to be the only quality opponent from the other power 5 that lost to an ACC team, which was, yes, Florida State. But they’re not at the top of the conference.

You have to weigh the strength of those P5 opponents. Playing bad teams from the best conferences does not equal great wins.

3 minutes ago, infrared41 said:

The committee is going to screw Florida State.

That's always been the case, though.  Ohio State was up against that as well when they were down to their QB3 the year they won it all.  The difference is they went out and beat a 10-win Wisconsin team by a million points in the Big Ten championship game and left no doubt while Florida State came out and did whatever they did last night against Louisville following them coming out and looking terrible against a bad Florida team's backup QB.

The criteria has always been vague enough to allow the committee to do whatever they want to do (within reason) and have some cover for it.

IUe6Hvh.png

2 hours ago, McCall said:

The Power 5 Champions:

ACC: 13-0

Big 10: 13-0

Big 12: 12-1

PAC-12: 13-0

SEC: 12-1

Simply removing team names helps demonstrate my point. You cannot leave any of the three 13-0 teams out. The final slot should and will come down to the Big 12 or SEC champion.

Guys. It's ok to leave Alabama out. America will be ok.

• Like 2

6uXNWAo.png

Well, it's been nice knowing you, ACC.

Maybe Wake Forest and NC State will stick around to prop you up as a two-team conference and do a scheduling alliance with the American or the Sun Belt until they can somehow rebuild you.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

bYhYmxh.png

2 minutes ago, Germanshepherd said:

Wow. I’m legit stunned. I thought I knew how the committee moved. 

Florida State should claim it if they win their bowl game. 

And they'll have a legitimate claim. If you win your conference and every other game and you're in a P5 conference, you get to be called champion.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

3 minutes ago, Kramerica Industries said:

Florida State got punished for doing absolutely nothing wrong. 

Florida State got punished for choosing to play in a basketball conference three decades ago because it was an easier path to national championships.

• Like 2
  • WOAH 1

IUe6Hvh.png

I wonder what would have happened had Oregon beat Washington Friday night.

You probably get to Michigan, FSU, Alabama and Georgia that way.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

1 minute ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

I wonder what would have happened had Oregon beat Washington Friday night.

You probably get to Michigan, FSU, Alabama and Georgia that way.

Oregon would be in over FSU.  There's no chance this FSU team that's played these last two weeks would beat Oregon which is the criteria they're going by.

IUe6Hvh.png

7 minutes ago, infrared41 said:

It sucks that Florida State got screwed but I can't lie, I'm looking forward to Alabama curb stomping Michigan.

I gotta admit my entire focus this whole weekend is trying to figure out what throws the most obstacles up in the way of Michigan.  

• Like 3
  • LOL 1