2023 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVIII

canzman

46 minutes ago, fouhy12 said:

Week one is going to feature the home team in red helmets with all white below that and the road team in white helmets with all red below that. That's going to be so ugly and confusing. 

They could wear burgundy pants, which they did for the home opener last year, but that would be way too much red. Seems like a lose-lose situation.

9 minutes ago, Pigskin12 said:

They could wear burgundy pants, which they did for the home opener last year, but that would be way too much red. Seems like a lose-lose situation.

This. No chance they wear black that day for some contrast. Weather usually still in the 80s in the DMV in September. 

1 hour ago, Pigskin12 said:

“Winter weather warning”

*Wears the helmet in early October*

I was in Denver just a couple of years back in early-mid October when it was single digits and a foot of snow.

• Like 5

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

5 hours ago, Pigskin12 said:

“Winter weather warning”

*Wears the helmet in early October*

As a Denver local, I've seen snowfall as early as September 7th... 

Ugh. That's like three weeks from now. 😖

6uXNWAo.png

5 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

Weren’t gold pants a thing that was supposedly happening with this set? Or is it more of an Atlanta red pants situation?

The Commanders yellow pants apparently are an option. It's in Madden and usually EA takes from style guides for the current day uniforms, that's why the Bears had orange pants as an option, it wasn't because they were going to wear them but because it was actually in the style guide at the time.

bSLCtu2.png

16 hours ago, fouhy12 said:

Week one is going to feature the home team in red helmets with all white below that and the road team in white helmets with all red below that. That's going to be so ugly and confusing. 

That is definitely gonna be a terrible match up. If Washington would've worn burgundy over white for that game they would've looked like a respectable football team, and it would've put Arizona in the best of their new uniforms.

• Like 1
SouthParkBaseballOriolespngsmall.png

13 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

The Commanders yellow pants apparently are an option. It's in Madden and usually EA takes from style guides for the current day uniforms, that's why the Bears had orange pants as an option, it wasn't because they were going to wear them but because it was actually in the style guide at the time.

The fact that the Bears wearing all orange is technically possible through the style guide is disgusting.

• Hurl 1
  • Dislike 1

The Broncos released their Game Themes, and, on Instagram, the post carousel hints at what the uniform combos will be for the year, with the color backgrounds they use for each home game.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CwGN6Lip4LA/?img_index=1

If this is accurate, the Broncos will go navy over white vs. Washington, and all-navy vs. Minnesota, with the already-announced "Whitecapped" color rush unis vs. NYJ and NE.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

Shockingly, the gold/yellow pants are  NOT in the style guide...

4 hours ago, ruttep said:

The fact that the Bears wearing all orange is technically possible through the style guide is disgusting.

Don't think the Bears have orange pants in the '23 style guide but yes an all orange would be awful

On 8/13/2023 at 2:04 PM, canzman said:

Preseason Week 2 (Part 2)

canzman is a national treasure.  He must be protected at all costs.

Amazing update to this template.  Thanks as always for your work.

• Like 1

On 8/12/2023 at 4:01 PM, fouhy12 said:

The Titans were just fine with these two sets.

Tennessee Titans vs Miami Dolphins: Live updates, score, TV channel, how to  watch online - oregonlive.com

NFL Playoffs: All Eyes On Marcus Mariota vs New England Patriots

They could play with the number font or the stripes on the helmet, but those were much better than what they have now. 

These were stale at the time, but I'm coming back around on them.  Change to a classic, bold 1-color number font like the Bengals CR jerse;, match the helmet stripe to the White pant stripe or just a single 1-inch Navy stripe; tinker with the yoke (or pay homage to the Oilers and get rid of it completely); then use something other than the Sword logo on the cap sleeve and these could make a great next set that could stick around forever.  

I would argue that White pants could also be worn with the White jersey, but there should never be a Navy jersey or pant ever again.  

Both their current and former uniforms are marred by the use of bad combinations. 

635856131677407889-USATSI-8994748.jpg

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, HOOVER said:

These were stale at the time, but I'm coming back around on them.  Change to a classic, bold 1-color number font like the Bengals CR jerse;, match the helmet stripe to the White pant stripe or just a single 1-inch Navy stripe; tinker with the yoke (or pay homage to the Oilers and get rid of it completely); then use something other than the Sword logo on the cap sleeve and these could make a great next set that could stick around forever.  

I would argue that White pants could also be worn with the White jersey, but there should never be a Navy jersey or pant ever again.  

Both their current and former uniforms are marred by the use of bad combinations. 

635856131677407889-USATSI-8994748.jpg

- Change the helmet stripe to match the pants stripe

- Border the yoke with navy to match the helmet/pants stripes

- Remove the outline from the numbers (and get a better font)

Would make a classic uniform that never needs to change. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, HopewellJones said:

Forever annoyed with the Giants ruining their away uniforms.

I'm cool with the blue-heavy home uniform and red-heavy away uniform. I actually really like those types of quirks. But they went overboard with the away uniform being solely red and white below the helmet. 

The grey pants need to come back.

• Like 7