2023 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVIII

canzman

1 hour ago, spartacat_12 said:

I guarantee most people on social media wouldn't even notice the difference if there were a stripe on the pants. The "clean" look just means white pants & socks with a white jersey.

Oh you're 100% right. But what people notice when it's actually worn on the football field is less important now than how cool something looks on a graphic with a bunch of snow and ice.

• Applause 1

14 hours ago, Cujo said:

Lions look so ridiculous in full white leggings.

Packers vs. Lions: Get to know Green Bay's Week 4 opponent

Unpopular opinion:  it’s not that bad.

I ONLY give it that pass because the Lions are experiencing a long-awaited revival and this gives them some differentiation from decades of a look they’ve failed in.  To me, it just has a rally cap feel to it.

I’d prefer Grey pants & Blue socks, or at least Blue socks, but honest to God, it’s better than the Blue pants or the Blue helmet. 

And…I think the Packers not wearing Green socks, at least as this player in the photo is dressed, is more egregious than what the Lions are doing.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1
  • Facepalm 4
  • Eyeroll 1

10 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

Seriously. Is it that hard for the Lions to put blue stripes on the white pants? It makes no sense.

This I agree with.  White pants with their existing striping pattern from the Grey pants would be a marked improvement.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Pigskin12 said:

Bucs haven't worn this on the road since the 2020 season. There are rumors of the Saints going black on gold this week. Would've liked to see the pewter pants.

HELMETS AND SOCKS MATCH WITH WHITE ON WHITE. (The ideal "all-white" look)  YEAHBABY.gif 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

4 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

Not justified? They had it before in the 80's and it was just fine.

archie-manning-new-orleans-saints-autogr

I think the issue is that it doesn't have a gold stripe. There was a stripe on the pants in 1999 but they removed the pants for the next season, then brought it back in 2001 without the gold stripe.

s-l1200.webp

I agree that the black pants are infinitely better with a stripe, but I still don't think they're really necessary. The Saints really should be one of those teams that just has one pair of pants (the gold ones), and any uniform design has to work with that principle.

• Like 6
  • Dislike 1

32 minutes ago, fouhy12 said:

Just a young, chronically online guy dating a Taylor Swift fan here at your service. 

Did you have to do this?  I was thinking that you could be trusted 🙃

• LOL 1

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

On 9/29/2023 at 9:32 AM, Brave-Bird 08 said:

I badly hope that the showcase of throwbacks this season will prompt teams to want to go back to striped socks, maybe within 5 years this fad will be over and we can all laugh about it. 

But like, when you go on GUD it looks like the graphics are incomplete -- the white-white look is just so ridiculous, if someone posed it as an idea 10 years ago in the Concepts board in here people would have laughed and been like "looks like you posted an incomplete export"

Exactly! To me it just looks like whoever designed the uniforms stopped either at the waist or just below the knee, depending on whether the pants have stripes.  

When the pants DO have stripes, they somehow makes the white socks stick out more. Generally the sock color should match either the jersey color or the jersey number color, and that color should be at least partially present in pant striping. It’s design cohesiveness 101.  There have been a few sets that break the rule - for instance, Carolina’s classic black-black-blue, which I absolutely adore and wish they would bring back, had socks that didn’t match either the jersey or the numbers. But I think at least 90% of uniforms SHOULD match the principles listed above. 

• Like 1