2023 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVIII

canzman

1 hour ago, kaleb_girod said:

Perfection. Especially with those striped socks. Idk why they think stripes don’t look good on black pants…

Not a huge fan of gold touching white.  I wonder if it would look even better if it mimicked the helmet stripe, with black around the white and then gold around the black.

• Like 2

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

51 minutes ago, Silver_Star said:

The only better ones. They need to go back to this and stop trying to have a college look on them.

It’s both amazing and sad that the Saints COULD have possibly the best uniforms in the NFL, but as you said want to continue dressing like a trendy college team.

• Like 3

They probably won’t make it, but just in case - IF the Lions go to the Super Bowl, and the AFC team chooses to go color, the NFL needs to lean on Detroit HARD to wear a traditional combo. It was bad enough to see the Eagles in plain white socks last year; imagine a full Super Bowl sideline of “HURR DURR ICY 🥶 CLEAN 🧼 THREADS 🧵 HURR DURR!!!!1!!!”

• Like 2
  • Yawn 1

3 hours ago, ManillaToad said:

Do you think the rest of the defense bullies 29 for not being icy

Untitled-pngsdasd.png

Considering he's All-Pro Talanoa Hufanga, and he had a pick today, I don't think so. But yeah, I don't like the majority of the team wearing white socks on the road. Props to the O line for all wearing the proper red socks though.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ruttep said:

Considering he's All-Pro Talanoa Hufanga, and he had a pick today, I don't think so. But yeah, I don't like the majority of the team wearing white socks on the road. Props to the O line for all wearing the proper red socks though.

I noticed, watching the 49ers-Bengals game, that it seemed San Francisco’s defense primarily wore white socks and its offense primarily wore red socks. Kinda weird. Sock color shouldn’t be a variable on a team. 

21 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

I noticed, watching the 49ers-Bengals game, that it seemed San Francisco’s defense primarily wore white socks and its offense primarily wore red socks. Kinda weird. Sock color shouldn’t be a variable on a team. 

Yeah, I really hate this whole sock inconsistency trend now. Uniforms are meant to be, well, uniform. It bugs me so much when a team can’t seem to wear the same item. And I’ve always thought the 49ers have been pretty good about their uniforms, but personally they should always be wearing red socks. It’s just the better look for them. Same thing with the throwbacks. They ruin it with the monochrome white “leggings”. Red socks with that uniform would look 100x better.

• Like 3
  • Applause 2

2 minutes ago, kaleb_girod said:

Same thing with the throwbacks. They ruin it with the monochrome white “leggings”. Red socks with that uniform would look 100x better.

Yeah, that's why I'm not enamored with the throwbacks the same way the rest of the fanbase is. It's the only time that the 49ers degenerate into legging madness.

• Like 2

Man, I really do love the Jets helmet color, but it just simply doesn’t match the rest of the green in the uniform. You can say it’s a materials issue, but it’s really not. The green on the helmet is much brighter and more vibrant than the stripes and numbers on the jerseys and pants. It’s pretty obvious on this broadcast.

Thoughts from week 10:

—I swear, I think the Saints introduced their white white leggings just to make their black leggings more tolerable. Still not a good look, but not as ridiculous as the all-white.

—Matchup of the week is definitely Baltimore-Cleveland. 

—The Dallas red helmet stripe: Meh.

—The Cowboys, Packers and 49ers players wearing white socks with their classic white uniforms bum me out.

—I actually think the Jag’s teal-o-Rama looks pretty good with black socks. 

—Again, the block numbers take the Steelers uniforms from a B to an A. Easily.

—When can the Jets get a uniform do over?

(I know it’s next year. Just not soon enough.)

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, timjameskohler said:

Thoughts from week 10:

—I swear, I think the Saints introduced their white white leggings just to make their black leggings more tolerable. Still not a good look, but not as ridiculous as the all-white.

—Matchup of the week is definitely Baltimore-Cleveland. 

—The Dallas red helmet stripe: Meh.

—The Cowboys, Packers and 49ers players wearing white socks with their classic white uniforms bum me out.

—I actually think the Jag’s teal-o-Rama looks pretty good with black socks. 

—Again, the block numbers take the Steelers uniforms from a B to an A. Easily.

—When can the Jets get a uniform do over?

(I know it’s next year. Just not soon enough.)

I’d like to see the Saints try white socks with the black pants one day. Who knows, it might not look as ridiculous. As we know, the white on black looks bad because of how unbalanced and bottom-heavy it is. White socks MIGHT make it a bit more tolerable.

And yes, the all-white should be burned from existence. Well actually, just burn the white pants period. There’s no reason for them to exist. Just like the Lions.