2023 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVIII

canzman

12 hours ago, kaleb_girod said:

Man, I really do love the Jets helmet color, but it just simply doesn’t match the rest of the green in the uniform. You can say it’s a materials issue, but it’s really not. The green on the helmet is much brighter and more vibrant than the stripes and numbers on the jerseys and pants. It’s pretty obvious on this broadcast.

The Jets' helmet is weird because it matches fine in photos but looks like a completely different color half the time on TV. I think it's the finish that's the problem. They should probably switch to matte helmets.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

6 minutes ago, fouhy12 said:

Can someone tell me why the Cowboys keep wearing the French flag as their helmet stripe once a season? Is there some connection there from the franchise or something? 

They did in 1976 for America's bicentennial. The only reason they do it nowadays is because they think they're "aMeRiCa'S tEaM"

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, fouhy12 said:

Can someone tell me why the Cowboys keep wearing the French flag as their helmet stripe once a season? Is there some connection there from the franchise or something? 

38 minutes ago, ruttep said:

They did in 1976 for America's bicentennial. The only reason they do it nowadays is because they think they're "aMeRiCa'S tEaM"

It was Veterans Day this weekend, so the use of the bicentennial stripe this weekend fits.  Here's a pick from 1976

usatsi_5633018-e1593821949518.jpg?w=1000

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Lights Out said:

The Jets' helmet is weird because it matches fine in photos but looks like a completely different color half the time on TV. I think it's the finish that's the problem. They should probably switch to matte helmets.

I definitely feel like matte helmets would be better, maybe even a satin finish sort of like Tulane’s green helmets. Imo that would match better. However, like I said, I really love their current helmet, but it’s just the completely wrong shade of green from the rest of the set.

3 hours ago, Lights Out said:

You might not agree with me on this, but I will say this. The finish the Jets and Texans red helmets have should of been used for silver or metallic gold, New York Giants and Los Angeles Rams finish to match their royal blues, and old gold type palettes. I never liked how they carried them to the Jets and Texans red helmets just to be CrEaTiVe or whatever they want to do.

I was never fascinated with the trendy stuff.

@Chewbacca Yes, the Saints and Rams are trying to look to college like to me. The yellow the Rams use is too highlighter and they could use the same blue the Giants use (wouldn't hurt). The Saints also need to start a new redesign and just fix EVERYTHING in that garbage looks.

This is why I prefer the Los Angeles/St. Louis Rams 1973-1999 and the New Orleans Saints 1976-1985 look.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Silver_Star said:

You might not agree with me on this, but I will say this. The finish the Jets and Texans red helmets have should of been used for silver or metallic gold, New York Giants and Los Angeles Rams finish to match their royal blues, and old gold type palettes. I never liked how they carried them to the Jets and Texans red helmets just to be CrEaTiVe or whatever they want to do.

I was never fascinated with the trendy stuff.

@Chewbacca Yes, the Saints and Rams are trying to look to college like to me. The yellow the Rams use is too highlighter and they could use the same blue the Giants use (wouldn't hurt). The Saints also need to start a new redesign and just fix EVERYTHING in that garbage looks.

This is why I prefer the Los Angeles/St. Louis Rams 1973-1999 and the New Orleans Saints 1976-1985 look.

So are you saying the Jets and Texans helmets should be more of a matte or satin finish?

And trust me, I’m pretty sure nobody here like all this trendy crap. As for the Saints, they definitely need a redesign, but here’s the thing. The first issue the Saints need to address is fixing their gold. It’s gotten lighter and more pale over time. It’s hardly even gold now, more champagne or khaki. If the Saints could make it the Color Rush shade, they’d be golden (no pun intended). Then, add stripes. The Saints are another team who’ve fallen badly to this trendy crap when their uniforms should really be classic.

• Like 2

Teams whose uniforms could be modern classics if they only wore the correct combos (spoiler alert, it's literally half the league):

- Cardinals (can you try any other combo besides all one color?)

- Panthers (you do not need black pants)

- Lions (why did you ever introduce those white pants?)

- Texans (either all-white or navy leggings on the road. exhilarating.)

- Jaguars (please also add literally any design element besides the logo on the chest)

- Dolphins (the throwbacks are still better, but these are decent uniforms)

- Vikings (purple socks at home please)

- Patriots (silver. pants. that is all.)

- Saints (such wasted potential here.)

- Jets (all black uniform parts and accessories have to go)

- Eagles (white leggings in the Super Bowl was embarrassing)

- Seahawks (all navy has been a staple of this uniform since the beginning and looks pretty good, but the all white look they started last year has to go)

The majority of the NFL's uniform designs aren't bad at all -- when executed properly, they look amazing. But the death of properly worn socks and the rise of color rush and leggings has led to a monumental drop in aesthetic quality in the NFL.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, simtek34 said:

Huh?

spacer.png

Silver star was talking about the Rams uniforms so I thought he'd post said picture for reference of what the colors should be.

EDIT: Also if the Rams were to introduce yellow jerseys, they need to bring them closer to the Packers/Steelers shade of yellow. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, ruttep said:

Teams whose uniforms could be modern classics if they only wore the correct combos (spoiler alert, it's literally half the league):

- Cardinals (can you try any other combo besides all one color?)

- Panthers (you do not need black pants)

- Lions (why did you ever introduce those white pants?)

- Texans (either all-white or navy leggings on the road. exhilarating.)

- Jaguars (please also add literally any design element besides the logo on the chest)

- Dolphins (the throwbacks are still better, but these are decent uniforms)

- Vikings (purple socks at home please)

- Patriots (silver. pants. that is all.)

- Saints (such wasted potential here.)

- Jets (all black uniform parts and accessories have to go)

- Eagles (white leggings in the Super Bowl was embarrassing)

- Seahawks (all navy has been a staple of this uniform since the beginning and looks pretty good, but the all white look they started last year has to go)

The majority of the NFL's uniform designs aren't bad at all -- when executed properly, they look amazing. But the death of properly worn socks and the rise of color rush and leggings has led to a monumental drop in aesthetic quality in the NFL.

I like the Panthers’ black pants when they are worn with blue socks. I pretty much agree with the rest of your statement. Teams need to enforce sock uniformity again. 

• Like 2