2023 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVIII

canzman

9 hours ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

College teams with short socks look fine

For college kids.   Professionals should look a little  more formal than 19-year-olds that were dressed even worse in high school just a year or two before.  NFL players should look a little more formal than what you see at flag-football rec-league game.  Socks aren't critical to the uniform, but we've already seen pants turn into shorts, t-shirts below the ass, and eventually these dopes are going to look like they're wearing long tank tops and nothing else.

9 hours ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

Again, this is all the damn Saints fault. They started this junk

Players had been getting fined for their socks long before the Saints decided that they'd go out of their way to look as bad as possible.  Merton Hanks' job was 90% about socks. 

Players are basically just going to want to do whatever you tell them they can't do.  

If you made the rule "your legs must NOT be covered", then these dudes would be like "you can't tell me what to do!" and they'd start wearing socks.  Heck - it might even turn in to a competition for who can have the coolest socks.

• Like 2
  • Meh 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The Cowboys and Lions should really be wearing their throwbacks on Thanksgiving every year. It’s never made any sense to me why some years they wear them and other years they opt for their normal uniforms. Or, like last year, how we got that horrid all-gray Lions Color Rush…

But I guess there’s a lot of other uniform issues that also don’t make any sense…

• Like 4

I feel like the Saints designed the black helmet to be worn with their black uniform and never bothered to check to see if it could be worn with anything other than an alternate. “Oh crap, we’ll HAVE to wear it with our only regular alternate.” It’s the ONLY scenario that I can think of that makes sense. It looks AWFUL. 

Perhaps the greatest NFC white throwback of all time, ruined by an unnecessary Seahawks ripoff lid. Egregious.

Worst uniforms in 2023: Commanders all-white, Lions all-grey, Commanders all-black, ANY Saints uniform without gold pants.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, fouhy12 said:

Nike and the NFL have an opportunity to make the night game on Thanksgiving their "Winter Classic" in terms of branding in uniforms. Could have specialty throwback or fauxback uniforms for both teams in that game every year and market it big-time. 

The league missed a big opportunity by doing Color Rush over Throwback Thursdays. Even with the one-shell rule, enough teams had throwbacks for this to be possible (for crying out loud, a bunch of Color Rush uniforms ended up being throwbacks anyway). 

• Like 6

20 hours ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

So, I am interested in the quotes we got in The Athletic player poll related to uniform rules. 

I have assumed this entire time the trend in the "leggings" look in the NFL was a result of the league not having a mandate to wear team socks. 

Yet, now we are learning it's because the league has a mandate that the player's legs have to be covered? First off...why? College teams with short socks look fine, in fact the only team I can think of that has socks as part of the uniform is Michigan. 

If the league is that interested in the player's legs being covered, for reasons I don't understand, why aren't we wearing team colored or even team detailed socks that look pro style? 

Again, this is all the damn Saints fault. They started this junk. FTS.

Players wearing leggings is fine, the issue is when the leggings don’t match the socks. The players on the 49ers and Cowboys who decide to wear leggings wear white ones but the players who opt for socks get red for the 49ers or blue for the cowboys which makes half the team in the correct color and the other half in plain white which looks bad. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, timjameskohler said:

I feel like the Saints designed the black helmet to be worn with their black uniform and never bothered to check to see if it could be worn with anything other than an alternate. “Oh crap, we’ll HAVE to wear it with our only regular alternate.” It’s the ONLY scenario that I can think of that makes sense. It looks AWFUL. 

Perhaps the greatest NFC white throwback of all time, ruined by an unnecessary Seahawks ripoff lid. Egregious.

Worst uniforms in 2023: Commanders all-white, Lions all-grey, Commanders all-black, ANY Saints uniform without gold pants.

Let’s be honest, the Saints have made MANY questionable uniform decisions the past few years and have quickly gone from one of the best to one of the worst in the league…

1. All-black “leotards”for virtually every home game

2. Ultimately ditched the (best) gold pants

3. Introduced horrible solid white pants (and matching “leggings”) because it’s “ICY”

4. Debuted a modern, knock-off Seahawks helmet to be paired with a classic throwback all-white set

5. Wore an embarrassingly bad black jersey/white pants combo last season

As a Saints fan, it’s almost entirely a direct reflection on the current state of the team and ownership.

• Like 6
  • Applause 2

On 11/23/2023 at 5:05 PM, DustDevil61 said:

I don’t get it, either. You’d think that Nike and/or whatever socks/leggings manufacturer would figure out how to make colored/striped leggings, but then again, we’ve all thought they would’ve figured out how to make metallic pants again.

They have, the players/teams are choosing not to wear them

I wish Buffalo wore blue pants with the white jerseys, then it would have made the game with the Eagles kelly green throwbacks excellent. 

Baltimore should've worn all white for the game with the Chargers going all navy. I notice the Ravens only do it once a year.  Why did they have to waste it on Arizona? As for LAC, the one time the Chargers wore all navy against a team that didn't have a similar color or close to it was against the Bills in 2020. The Lions game would've been good for the all navy.

The two times when TB and IND played each other has been one of them in a throwback or alternate. We've been robbed of a good uniform matchup both times.