2023 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVIII

canzman

3 hours ago, PlayGloria said:

I'm with you. It looks like classic Rams and also solves the issue of the navy helmet/royal jersey that people seem to hate (never bothered me). I love this. 

You out to see these fantastic combos this guy did with it. I like the navy blue, but at least lighter. Royal blue and navy blue are my favorite blue colors next to azure blue. And when it comes to yellow, athletic gold is my huge favorite. I always see this.

L.A. Chargers: True blue (azure blue tone)

Detroit Lions: Honolulu blue

New York Giants: Royal blue

Buffalo Bills: Royal blue

Chicago Bears: Midnight navy

Dallas Cowboys: Navy blue

New England Patriots: Navy blue

L.A. Rams: Either royal blue or just straight navy blue can go well with athletic gold rams horns

Denver Broncos: Academy blue helmets are better than their current navy

Indianapolis Colts: Royal blue all the way

Houston Texans: I prefer they lighten their navy or steel with a dark royal blue shade so it will pop since it looks too black with that red

ff995090133117.5e1e6192cb5c5.jpg?resize=

a71ba990133117.5e1e6192cbdd2.jpg?resize=

But these look so Michigan Wolverines, but I LOVE THEM SOO MUCH!

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Pigskin12 said:

Actually yes.

Blue jersey combos:

Wk 1 lost in all-blue

Wk 2 won in blue/white

Wk 4 won in blue/white

Wk 5 lost in blue/white

Wk 8 won in all-blue

Wk 10 lost in all-blue

Wk 11 won in blue-white

White jersey combos:

Wk 3 won in all-white

Wk 7 lost in all-white

Wk 9 lost in white/blue

Wk 12 lost in all-white

Wk 14 TBD in white/blue

So following this pattern, blue/white will be worn next week against Dallas, unless they wear Color Rush again. And then the result of this weekend’s game at KC will determine the pant color for their Saturday night Week 16 game at the Chargers.

This is absolutely hilarious

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

On 12/5/2023 at 10:03 AM, Carolingian Steamroller said:

usatsi_11328761.jpg?w=1000

On 12/5/2023 at 12:00 PM, Ted Cunningham said:

spacer.png

These two photos illustrate why the Rams’ rebrand is such a disappointment, even before inspecting the finer details. The athletic gold really makes a world of difference.

I’m not even someone who’d advocate for the Rams to just go back to the throwbacks & call it a day; if they kept this modern set, but just went back to athletic gold & the old horn, I’d be largely happy with it. That highlighter yellow & the broken horn are just each such eyesores.

• Like 8

50 minutes ago, MJD7 said:

if they kept this modern set, but just went back to athletic gold & the old horn, I’d be largely happy with it. That highlighter yellow & the broken horn are just each such eyesores.

I'll add on that I'd remove the chest patch and the gradient. I'm not in love with that number font but I can live with it if it's not in gradient.

• Like 8

14 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

For some reason, I find the fact that the Titans always use he word "britches" to be super annoying. 

And those "britches", like every other piece of their uniforms, suck.

I'm convinced that dennisbergan (wasn't that his word?) is their social media manager.

• LOL 2

It's where I sit.

It's interesting how, in the course of a few posts on this topic, no one has advocated for a direct return to the 70s-90s look (and @MJD7 expressly refuted it), and yet the combination of posts illustrates the slippery slope right back to the throwbacks in question. "I would keep the modern look, but go with athletic gold and keep the old horn." "Yeah, and I'd also get rid of the patches and gradients." We're down to discussing the number font at this point, and that's the critique that's also leveled at the Steelers whose uniforms are otherwise essentially unchanged since the late 60s. It's like, collectively, it's not enough until the uniform just is the throwback.

This isn't a criticisms of anyone expressing their opinions, to be clear. I just find it interesting that there's always a tweak or two to make, and in many cases these proposed tweaks would end up pushing a look back toward a throwback/older look.

• Like 6

8 hours ago, ruttep said:

I'll add on that I'd remove the chest patch and the gradient. I'm not in love with that number font but I can live with it if it's not in gradient.

I can live with the chest patch and the gradient, personally. What I don't like about the numbers (and the sleeve design) is that shiny, "Fruit Roll-Up" texture they have, I'd get rid of that. A lot of Adidas uniforms tend to have a similar shiny texture, and it just looks cheap to me.

57 minutes ago, Ted Cunningham said:

It's interesting how, in the course of a few posts on this topic, no one has advocated for a direct return to the 70s-90s look (and @MJD7 expressly refuted it), and yet the combination of posts illustrates the slippery slope right back to the throwbacks in question. "I would keep the modern look, but go with athletic gold and keep the old horn." "Yeah, and I'd also get rid of the patches and gradients." We're down to discussing the number font at this point, and that's the critique that's also leveled at the Steelers whose uniforms are otherwise essentially unchanged since the late 60s. It's like, collectively, it's not enough until the uniform just is the throwback.

This isn't a criticisms of anyone expressing their opinions, to be clear. I just find it interesting that there's always a tweak or two to make, and in many cases these proposed tweaks would end up pushing a look back toward a throwback/older look.

I definitely understand this. Allow me to clarify my stance by saying some things I expressly don't love about the throwback:

• Others may disagree, but I'm honestly not big on block numbers beyond a few classic teams such as the Packers, Raiders, and Chiefs. I think the number font itself is an improvement with the modern Rams set.
  • I don't like the navy helmet, royal jersey mismatch. The finish on the new helmet looks great, a definite upgrade over the navy in my book.
  • The "ram horn" sleeve stripe clearly isn't adaptable to modern jersey templates. The modern sleeve "loop" is a nice adaptation, although I'd get rid of the "divide" in the middle of it.
  • I honestly like the modern pants stripe more than the throwback one. It's a more unique stripe design, but still fits witin the context of the set.

However, all of these upgrades are negated by the highlighter yellow and the baffling choice to put a divide in the horn.

• Like 5
  • Meh 1

Potentially unpopular take, but even as a uniform detail enthusiast, I find these reveal tweets absolutely cringey and just stupid. What other league in the world tweets out "here's what color our helmet, pants and SOCKS will be next weekend." I miss the days when you found out what teams were wearing when they ran out onto the field on Sunday/Monday. Throwback announcements once or twice a year are fine but these "helmet -- jersey -- pants -- socks" detail announcements make my eyes roll further back in my head than human anatomy allows.

• Like 1

ClAFLDa.png

14 minutes ago, Michael Bolton said:

Potentially unpopular take, but even as a uniform detail enthusiast, I find these reveal tweets absolutely cringey and just stupid. What other league in the world tweets out "here's what color our helmet, pants and SOCKS will be next weekend." I miss the days when you found out what teams were wearing when they ran out onto the field on Sunday/Monday. Throwback announcements once or twice a year are fine but these "helmet -- jersey -- pants -- socks" detail announcements make my eyes roll further back in my head than human anatomy allows.

I'll go a step further... I miss the days when you knew what the team would be wearing because they only had one combo for home and one for away. I love an occasional throwback or an alternate, but there shouldn't be this much guessing as to what teams might look light on a week to week basis. 

• Like 8

19 minutes ago, Michael Bolton said:

I used to enjoy the mystery too, but in today’s NFL I’d rather know ahead of time if a matchup will look good or terrible rather than turning on my screen to see a bunch of white unitards without any advanced notice.

But I agree the posts are pretty cringeworthy most of the time. I would say the ability to give feedback is a plus, but too many people on there have horrendous taste that it does more harm than good.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Pigskin12 said:

This game will look really nice.

It's funny how they're like "Teal pants are back!!" as if they're a commodity that the team can't control.  Like they were sold out for 6 months, but are now back in stock, or something like that.

If it's a big deal that teal pants are back, and you control the supply, doesn't that indicate that they should be worn with the white tops by default?

• Like 8
  • LOL 3

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

11 hours ago, MJD7 said:

These two photos illustrate why the Rams’ rebrand is such a disappointment, even before inspecting the finer details. The athletic gold really makes a world of difference.

I’m not even someone who’d advocate for the Rams to just go back to the throwbacks & call it a day; if they kept this modern set, but just went back to athletic gold & the old horn, I’d be largely happy with it. That highlighter yellow & the broken horn are just each such eyesores.

Exactly. I have see that too, hold on.

nfl-redesign-jersey-concept-l-a-rams.png

NFL Uniform Redesigns - Our Concept Jerseys Fix What's Broken (wanderingeye.marketing)

• Like 7
  • Love 1