2023 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVIII

canzman

On 12/8/2023 at 11:43 PM, LunarLeo said:

That's fine. I personally hoped for a red helmet with the new logo. Would look so much better  with these uniforms. Something like this, but with a black face mask... spacer.png 

Me too personally,

Someone did a concept of that and WOW!!! @aawagner011 had a REALLY great idea towards that. I saw others from reddit which I did not like the red facemask.

2ZGJN4X.jpg

• Like 9
  • Love 3

13 minutes ago, Silver_Star said:

Me too personally,

Someone did a concept of that and WOW!!! @aawagner011 had a REALLY great idea towards that. I saw others from reddit which I did not like the red facemask.

2ZGJN4X.jpg

This is perfection. A clean modern version of the throwback is all they need to do. The lack of red on the current set is ridiculous.

• Like 2

Looks like the Dolphins will finally be breaking out the aqua today…for the first time all season…in week 14. The Titans are apparently wearing the light blue pants too. Navy blue socks rather than white would be nice, but it’s still a game that will have some color to it, which is nice. 

8 minutes ago, kaleb_girod said:

Panthers wearing all-white, but with contrasting black socks. The socks definitely help, even though blue socks would’ve been the better look. Not a bad looking matchup at all with the Saints throwbacks.

Contrasting socks (vs. pants) always help. Always. 

4 minutes ago, Kramerica Industries said:

Are the Saints wearing their current helmets with the older FdL slapped on, or did they have the same kind of color matching problem with their helmets and pants as the Giants and Rams did with their helmets and jerseys in the past?

It’s my understanding that teams are limited to two helmets by the league. The Saints have that silly black alt helmet, so these should be the regular ones with throwback logos. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Kramerica Industries said:

Are the Saints wearing their current helmets with the older FdL slapped on, or did they have the same kind of color matching problem with their helmets and pants as the Giants and Rams did with their helmets and jerseys in the past?

The original Saints gold helmets worn with this set were a darker, richer shade of gold. The helmets they’re wearing today are just the normal gold helmets with a throwback fleur-de-lis logo. The original helmets also had a gray face mask and the ones today are normal black which bugs me a little since it isn’t the true throwback helmet design.

The Saints current gold helmets are a much lighter, pale shade compared to the past. More like a champagne color.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Kramerica Industries said:

It does seem like they had matching issues back then, but it doesn't look quite as pronounced as it is in today's game:

spacer.png

• Like 2

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Matching the golds isn't going to fix the darkness of the Superdome.  It seems like it's dimmer than most domes, and really makes them look dull.  For a team in New Orleans, a city generally associated with the bright colors of mardis gras, the polished brass of horns and other instruments, and most certainly not associated with dullness, it's kind of a shame they play there and will likely do so forever.  Put the Saints in shiny gold or brass helmets and pants under natural light and you've got a winner.

superdome-1024x512.jpg

fzp7evdz4z2bun8jfxhl.jpg

• Like 8

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

17 minutes ago, BBTV said:

Matching the golds isn't going to fix the darkness of the Superdome.  It seems like it's dimmer than most domes, and really makes them look dull.  For a team in New Orleans, a city generally associated with the bright colors of mardis gras, the polished brass of horns and other instruments, and most certainly not associated with dullness, it's kind of a shame they play there and will likely do so forever.  Put the Saints in shiny gold or brass helmets and pants under natural light and you've got a winner.

superdome-1024x512.jpg

fzp7evdz4z2bun8jfxhl.jpg

The Saints older gold helmet was definitely darker and richer even though it didn’t quite match the pants. If they ever went to the richer shade of gold, I wouldn’t think it would be as hard to match the golds.

As far as the dome lighting, around 2016/2017 I remember going to a game and noticed it was quite darker inside than seasons before. It’s been the same ever since. In the upper level, it feels like you’re sitting in the dark. There’s four light rings in the ceiling, but only half of them are used.

The Jaguars - Browns matchup looks great. The Jags’ teal pants play off nicely against the brown & orange.

The Jags’ plain black & white jersey doesn’t even look boring at all when paired with the teal pants. It’s stating the obvious, but this should be their primary road look.

• Like 3

They wanted to be the down-south version of the L.A. Raiders, which made sense on some level.

Saints look close to great today, and I appreciate the Superdome post. People don't talk enough about what a terrible stadium the Superdome is. They get Super Bowls, and Saints fans are loud, but I think it looks just as bad on TV as the Jones Dome ever did.

• Like 6

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

In addition to the weird lighting, I feel like the Superdome has always had bad-looking turfs that make it an even more unappealing aesthetic. It's a cool stadium, but, on TV at least, it feels like an old stadium and not in a good way. 

I've always wondered if the Saints would look better if they took two cues from their bayou brethren: white at home and contrasting endzones. Gold helmets with white jerseys and pants, gold numbers, and black socks (their color rush uniform but with black socks) as a default home uniform could be a good brand to build around. And, to incorporate the black and gold, you paint one endzone each color a la LSU. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kaleb_girod said:

As far as the dome lighting, around 2016/2017 I remember going to a game and noticed it was quite darker inside than seasons before. It’s been the same ever since. In the upper level, it feels like you’re sitting in the dark.

Why on earth would anyone want to sit in such a dark-dreary cave on a beautiful, sunny, 80-degree October day?  I don't get it.  I think if I wasn't already a football fan, it'd be hard for me to get into it if that was my only option for seeing a game in person.

• Like 2

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

57 minutes ago, Old School Fool said:

Saints haven't worn the proper throwback helmet since 2002. I think it was a different shade but it wasn't the uniform gold either, but it still looked better. It's annoyed me they haven't worn a grey facemask ever since then.

1719382.0.jpg

Correct.

The Saints helmet was a shade darker gold prior to 2012 when Nike took over. I believe the helmet shade of gold was adjusted to better match the pants and rest of the uniform. I don’t ever recall seeing an official source about it, but it’s definitely a lighter shade of gold now based on photos.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cujo said:

I've never understood Atlanta's decision to suck the life out of their identity in 1990

web1_gerald_riggs_falcons_crop.jpg0-season-FATLF-1990.jpg

That reason is Jerry Glanville. He became the Falcons head coach in 1990 and, well, type his name into Google Images and find a picture where he's not wearing a black shirt. 

Falcons another team that tragically plays indoors...there are way too many indoor NFL teams today and unfortunately that number is really only growing. Indoor football is artificial crap compared to outdoor football.

• Like 3

spacer.png

22 minutes ago, Kramerica Industries said:

there are way too many indoor NFL teams today and unfortunately that number is really only growing. Indoor football is artificial crap compared to outdoor football.

my only hope is that the clear-roof stuff really catches on, and that teams decide to pay for it.  Seeing the Bears in a soulless dome would make me cry.  It already hurts that the Raiders play in a dark-ass dome.  I thought theirs had the clear panels, but it doesn't seem like it.

As for Jerry Glanville...

eastboundlg1.jpg

• LOL 3