2023 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVIII

canzman

31 minutes ago, ruttep said:

I feel like the NFL would veto a blue vs green color vs color pretty quickly. 

They almost certainly would, but I think the contrast in helmets - silver vs green - might be enough to make it acceptable, even if the jerseys are kinda close.

That matchup wouldn't really have an impact though, since the teams played each other 4 times during the era of those uniforms, and the Eagles were in kelly green zero (0) times (they wore WAH during their only game in Phila.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

12 minutes ago, throwmesomepics said:

completely agree with this rule, which is why I've always disliked when teams use solid white socks to break up mono looks like these:

spacer.png

I found it funny that you used this example, because this is actually one use of white socks that would fit my rule. The white socks and white helmet with blue in-between create an odd, but balanced uniform. It is certainly imperfect but better than blue from shoulder to toe IMO. 

• Like 6

21 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

White-Color-White-Color is massively better than all White-Color-White-White regardless of stripes on the white socks.

The Patriots really need red socks with the throwbacks.

For those who require elaboration,

spacer.png

The two on the left do not look nearly as good as the one on the right.

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Applause 4

6 minutes ago, fouhy12 said:

I found it funny that you used this example, because this is actually one use of white socks that would fit my rule. The white socks and white helmet with blue in-between create an odd, but balanced uniform. It is certainly imperfect but better than blue from shoulder to toe IMO. 

I kinda miss when Buffalo always wore red socks. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

For those who require elaboration,

spacer.png

The two on the left do not look nearly as good as the one on the right.

How are both of those white-color-white-color? I think that's the source of confusion. Is the one on the left white-color-white-white?

• Like 1

It's where I sit.

1 minute ago, ruttep said:

I think @DCarp1231 had a typo on the original post. I'm pretty sure what you just typed is what he meant.

Agreed, but since he seemed to double down, I figured I'd also try to ask 🙂 Also, there were questions and emojis indicating confusion when it was originally posted. I figured there'd be a check on the wording at that point.

It's where I sit.

12 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

How are both of those white-color-white-color? I think that's the source of confusion. Is the one on the left white-color-white-white?

11 minutes ago, ruttep said:

I think @DCarp1231 had a typo on the original post. I'm pretty sure what you just typed is what he meant.

Wow, I definitely missed the typo not once but twice. Carry on.

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

37 minutes ago, ruttep said:

I think we'll all be able to agree that this is a bad monchrome look:

You know, Jacksonville has finally started to build some semblance of an on-field identity after well over a decade of whatdaeff, so it's pretty reasonable to say that they're finally hitting their stride again. But doggone if these ain't about some of the most plain-jane practice-suit uniforms ever. The crazy thing is that they're really not that far off from something solid. (And no, I'm not talking about the simple addition of number strokes, though even that would help.)

Whatever the case, their next change will be their fifth since inception (ain't even been a whole 30 years yet, folks), so I really hope they get it right when (if???) they get to that point. Until then, what they wore on the road last week and one of either teal/white/black or (my preference) black/teal/black should be their primary combos. That's about the only way these practice sets become even slightly salvageable.

• Like 4

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

1 hour ago, Pigskin12 said:

This team has gotta be trolling us at this point.

This is now the third incorrect road jersey the 49ers announced at the beginning of the season. They’ll have worn red for three road games.

"Snow Day in Arizona"

I don't even know what to say. Do they hear themselves?

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, ruttep said:

"Snow Day in Arizona"

To be fair, it does snow in Arizona up closer to Flagstaff and along the 40. But down in The Valley? Different story.

• Like 2

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

4 minutes ago, tBBP said:

To be fair, it does snow in Arizona up closer to Flagstaff and along the 40. But down in The Valley? Different story.

Yeah, that was my point. When people think of the Arizona Cardinals, I doubt they think of the mountainous northern portion of Arizona. They think of Phoenix, which is the last place I'd ever expect it to snow.

21 minutes ago, ruttep said:

Yeah, that was my point. When people think of the Arizona Cardinals, I doubt they think of the mountainous northern portion of Arizona. They think of Phoenix, which is the last place I'd ever expect it to snow.

I think of it, seeing how we're closing on a house in Prescott next week...

• Love 1

13 hours ago, PERRIN said:

You say that but this game was played in mid October lmao, one of the earliest games I can remember watching. Nothing makes a 5-year-old's day quite like an unexpected snowstorm and a 59-0 blowout by your favorite team.

Patriots are not my favorite team. That is because the team I liked had to face them in the two Superbowls and lost to them.

4 minutes ago, Silver_Star said:

*sigh* When will this "icy" "snowy" :censored: ends?

shang-tsung-mortal-kombat.gif

• LOL 2

3 hours ago, ruttep said:

"Snow Day in Arizona"

Different kinda snow, postgame, in Scottsdale.

• LOL 2
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.