2023 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVIII

canzman

58 minutes ago, BottomlessPitt said:

We get a 49ers vs. Browns Super Bowl and they both wear the '46 throwbacks?

There is absolutely no way the Browns make their first ever Super Bowl, and first time in an NFL title game in over 50 years. And have the option of wearing home darks... and going with a throwback uniform. None. Only thing I could see is them maybe going all white if they pulled the "win every game on the road". But they'd have the orange lids.

Though, it would be cool to see the first Super Bowl matchup of former AAFC teams (and rematch of the 1949 AAFC Championship Game, that the Browns won, 21-7)

• Like 9
  • Applause 1

19 hours ago, AVGuy said:

And in that same game, with the Jags, you get the horrid exaggeration of combining ugly all-white featureless pants with a no-sock all white leggings!   Maybe this white leggings deal is NBA sourced?   Really, if you think there - lots of players go with full compression leggings under their shorts showing zero skin and no signs of socks!spacer.png

Basically that is where the legging style came from in 2012. Came straight from the NBA. I wonder who suggested this to players and they started to utilize it a lot.

Regular Season Week 18 (Part1)
Steelers @ Ravens
4PxIMUn.jpgijAZtOv.jpg
Texans @ Colts
kdIm5cG.jpgRxVDztk.jpg
Falcons @ Saints
Yz0IDLb.jpgkoldPGu.jpg
Browns @ Bengals 
T4UHuCY.jpgEsDA0j3.jpg
Jaguars @ Titans
ivDHgkH.jpg4qSSIFM.jpg
Vikings @ Lions
9UReWfL.jpg tQtaABC.jpg
Jets @ Patriots
IxCJwvG.jpg6i82jIX.jpg
Buccaneers @ Panthers
 8QHKNL1.jpghJFdVQN.jpg

• LOL 1
  • Dislike 1

Regular Season Week 18 (Part2)
Bears @ Packers
j3azpDZ.jpg IDsv5in.jpg
Eagles @ Giants
5qRB7LK.jpg 6l7enbB.jpg
Cowboys  @ Commanders
X7psOUF.jpgsJLmWLJ.jpg
Rams @ 49ers
94gDhtr.jpgSPL91Of.jpg
Seahawks @ Cardinals
hhJ2o7q.jpg 1qD84Kg.jpg
Chiefs @ Chargers
 BXzdFIM.jpg8TiTqJR.jpg
Broncos @ Raiders
8Uupz1u.jpg JIt6DB4.jpg
Bills @ Dolphins
3WvqB3S.jpgg8Pd6H6.jpg

• LOL 1
  • Dislike 1

3 hours ago, kaleb_girod said:

Saints are absolutely gonna go all-black Sunday with playoff implications on the line. No way they go gold.

Hell, maybe they even go black over white again like last season lol.

I weep, because we had it SO RIGHT. poyjvjutjbglj1zjarqj.jpg

• Like 14
  • Love 3

A little early, but I found the key art for Super Bowl LIX in New Orleans next year. The American Heart Association is holding a student contest with Super Bowl tickets as the prize and they're using this ticket render in all the ads:

spacer.png

Here's a closeup of the ticket render, followed by a desaturated version of the same image that reveals the Mardi Gras-themed key art in the background:

spacer.png

spacer.png

16 hours ago, Silver_Star said:

We will never get to see the proper 49ers helmet from that generation. 1946 graced both the Browns and 49ers.

As a 49ers fan, keep the 1950s red helmet in the 1950s. I get it's more historically accurate, but the Niners in any helmet color besides gold looks wrong to me (that includes silver, for anyone clamoring for a 1960s throwback). The 49ers current uniform lineup is just about perfect, don't mess with it.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Reminder that while the Saints do sometimes wear black on gold when the Panthers or Bucs come to town, they have not worn that combo against Atlanta since the 2007 season. 

I’m expecting to see the Ravens in black again on Saturday. It’s only been worn twice and they always wear it three times and usually vs. Pittsburgh. They wore it back to back weeks last season and may do so again. I’d rather see Color Rush purple for this one.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, fouhy12 said:

The Ravens have already worn the color rush and have worn black twice; that means they've hit their allotment of alternate games, right?

In theory yeah but think they did color rush and black 3x a few years back (2021?).

• Like 1