2023 NFL Regular Season Through Super Bowl LVIII

Anybody know the Swift-Mahomes commentary ratio?

Also, the announcers constantly undermining Zach Wilson’s game by saying :censored: like  “Aaron Rodgers would’ve scored there” is sickening. It’s not a good look either that Colinsworth is out there gargling Mahomes’ balls in the booth.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, FiddySicks said:

Man, if I wasn’t already sick of the Chiefs before, I sure am now with all of this Taylor Swift stuff. That’s legit the very last thing I want my football coverage inundated with. It’s straight up creepy to me that people care so much about this. 

She goes on the international leg of her tour the beginning of November, so maybe another month of possible seeing her at Chiefs games.

• Like 2

On 9/10/2023 at 6:33 PM, CS85 said:

Being a Bears fan is torture. 

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

5 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

Also, the announcers constantly undermining Zach Wilson’s game by saying :censored: like  “Aaron Rodgers would’ve scored there” is sickening. It’s not a good look either that Colinsworth is out there gargling Mahomes’ balls in the booth.

I did not watch, as SNF pregame indicated the broadcast would be treated as be more of a Hollywood award show than an actual football game. But the Zach Wilson slander seems like it was a clear directive based on Rodney Harrison's disrespectful commentary -- which I just touched on the Media thread.

• Like 1

6uXNWAo.png

9 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

I've mentioned before that I don't watch FNIA unless my team (Dolphins) is being featured (which is also rarely). I will add to this and say that I usually don't watch SNF games unless both teams featured generate my interest, or if it's my team. When I watched Miami play in their first SNF game in a while against the Steelers last year, it reminded me of how much of a toolbag Colinsworth is. I couldn't get enough of his constant "Never count out the Pittsburgh Steelers! This is what they do!" blabber. Like dude, STFU. I seriously contemplated putting the game on mute. The whole NFL on NBC coverage is just unbearable.

I didn't watch the game last night, and like many Sunday nights, I didn't miss anything noteworthy.

• Like 1

Remember when NFL on NBC was by far the best show? Like, it was embarrassing for CBS, Fox and ESPN how much better NBC did with it?

I hate that modern media is a race to the bottom.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

6 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Remember when NFL on NBC was by far the best show?

??

NBC has always been the worst. Outside of Michaels and Tirico, they entire crew has been straight garbo since they got the NFL back.

• Like 1
  • Eyeroll 1

6uXNWAo.png

5 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Madden/Michaels with Costas in the studio was sublime. I don't know what you're talking about.

Love love love John Madden. But by the time he got to NBC, he was a shell of his former self. A lot of confused rambling. He was a pretty hard listen in those final years.

• Like 2

6uXNWAo.png

As with Al Michaels doing play-by-play for a website, a slightly diminished John Madden was still something special and pretty damn good.

NBC indeed had the best presentation of any network, but they tinkered with it into oblivion and took away anyone and anything that made the game: the Rockefeller Center, Al Michaels, Bob Costas, Fred Gaudelli, a recognizable John Williams score instead of just LOUD SOUNDS. It feels like ESPN coverage, especially on the studio side: some dudes who got fired from the jobs they'd rather have and a woman so that no one can get mad at them.

• Like 1

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

That's an excellent point. The whole idea behind Football Night in America was that it was the replacement for NFL Primetime. I'm sure the idea was that highlights are obsolete When There's So Much Great Content On TikTok and more pregame content is a higher priority, but it was a nice way to wrap up the day and head into the last game of the weekend. 

There's also their years-long commitment to Tony Dungy, who is controversial without being interesting.

• Like 2

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

There's an assumption that highlights don't matter anymore because of Twitter and TikTok or whatever, but is that really true for the 60 year olds who can afford tickets?

We've been trained to skip highlights so it's a self-fulfilling prophecy now. They're done. But they used to be so good!

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags