2023 NFL Regular Season Through Super Bowl LVIII

8 hours ago, BBTV said:

There’s a second-rounder from that class that’s alright too. 

Yup. I typed that wrong, since the fifth QB taken was in the 2nd round.

Again - fool’s gold to think that the number one pick means you've found your answer.

It's where I sit.

19 hours ago, Red Comet said:

Let’s see: Trevor Lawrence at least seems to be above average at worst and really good at best and took a terrible team one year to a division title and a playoff win the next. After firing Sub-Urban Meyer, it turns out he wasn’t too bad, go figure

Zach Wilson: Dude is playing for the Jets. Do I truly need to say much more?

Trey Lance: The 49ers found their QB but it turns out it was Mr. Irrelevant. They also happen to have one of the deepest rosters in the NFL .

Justin Fields: Went to the Graveyard of Quarterbacks known as Chicago. 
Mac Jones: Was a rookie All-Pro. His issue is more his supporting cast and a coach who should’ve ridden off into the sunset when Brady left IMO.

Like that? Turns out you need a solid roster and competent coaching to succeed. 

Yeah 2 of the guys you mentioned went to teams you identified as QB graveyards. Yet both have taken 2 QBs in the top 10 in the last 5 years and at least one will again this year. It's almost like the QB graveyard teams frequently posess the top picks in the draft!

The 49ers gave up on Trey Lance WAY too early for what they gave up for him. He literally played 3 games for them. As a Panthers fan, I don't love Bryce Young but I wouldn't want them to ditch him after this week. I definitely don't think we've seen enough out of Purdy to have made that decision either. Dude has never came back from a 4th quarter deficit. Let's see how they do starting next week now that the cupcake portion of their schedule is over.

Also Mac Jones is horrendous. If you think the supporting staff (or the 6-time SB champion coach) is the problem, I don't know what to tell you. The team is a QB away from being a serious contender, not the other way around.

For the life of me I don't understand why teams keep taking athletically limited, game manager ceiling QBs in the first round. Mac Jones, Kenny Pickett, and Bryce Young is worst of all because of the trade up. You can find a game manager anywhere, you don't need to spend a 1st round pick on it.

Carolina Panthers (2012 - Pres)Carolina Hurricanes (2000 - Pres)

One thing I know...either Bakhtiari should retire or the Packers should move on from him.  Dude's still one of the best left tackles in the game when he can actually suit up...but you can also cue up the Tecmo Super Bowl injury music on a regular basis as far as Bakh goes.  Feels like this...

disappearing-rr11.gif

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

On 9/28/2023 at 6:02 PM, Red Comet said:

The Bidwells and the McCaskeys (or McCasket in Virginia’s case) have to be the best arguments I’ve seen against aristocracy. 

The McCaskeys don't actually like football. They just like passive income. Michael McCaskey's real passion was landscape photography or something. George McCaskey wanted to work in television news. We're getting into the fourth generation of family ownership and I'm guessing most of these kids are also just stupid dilettantes who, too, will fail at their rich-kid pursuits and get warehoused in the Bears' ticket department and mailroom. 

None of these people have ever bothered to learn the business inside and out. The only one who did was George Halas Jr., who died under Carroll Rosenbloomian Mysterious Circumstances before he could inherit the team. That's why they have to keep hiring executive search firms to hire anyone, or digging Bill Polian out of mothballs to be like "yeah sure some guy from the Colts is fine." They're also remarkably out of step with Chicago politics--Reinsdorf is notoriously connected while these dopes got ambushed by the Cook County tax assessor.

• Like 1

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

So not just aristocrats incompetent at the on-field side of things but also the off-field side.

Don’t they know that the best way to get a Chicago tax collector off their ass is to let them wet their beak?

Really feels like Clark Hunt would then be the best argument for aristocracy considering that he’s exceeded his father as an owner. Would also make the Hunts the anti-McCaskeys in a way too. 

Edited by Red Comet

18 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

The NFL does an absolutely amazing job of making sure that the games in London are always relatively meaningless matchups, so when you realize you once again forget to watch you don’t really care.  

You're missing the janky Toy Story bowl

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

23 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

It's just so fun watching both Russ and Sean Payton eat dirt this year.

Believe me, it is! Both guys are playing their way out of a spot in Canton, especially Payton. He's exposed without Brees, much like how Russ got exposed without Carroll last year.

Denver becoming a Nuggets-first town could happen if the Broncos keep blowing chunks this historically. It’s sad but funny.

• Like 1