2023 NFL Regular Season Through Super Bowl LVIII

Congrats to the Bills. Hopefully Josh Allen's stupidity doesn't cost them any playoff wins.

I think that's it for Miami. The Chiefs are already hard enough, but if they come out of that, they likely play at Baltimore again. No thanks.

• Like 1

Good on the Bills - would have looked really bad to lose a game at home for the division.  Pulling for Cleveland or them in the AFC.

• Like 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

3 minutes ago, BBTV said:

Good on the Bills - would have looked really bad to lose a game at home for the division.  Pulling for Cleveland or them in the AFC.

I'm not sure if that was a joke or not, but they're in Miami! The Bills just travel well.

1 minute ago, Cosmic said:

I'm not sure if that was a joke or not, but they're in Miami! The Bills just travel well.

Oh... I only had it on in the background so was just going by the audio.  Yeah, it was a joke.   Nearly every Miami "home" game is like that.  Just like several other teams that are merely destinations for cold-weather fans to visit in the winter.  Can't feel bad for the Miami fan base one bit.

Meanwhile, Winston is a complete idiot... but he's right - there's nothing the coaches can do about this stuff, and no repercussions (emphasis mine):

"Jamaal led the [Detroit Lions] in touchdowns last year and he didn't have one this year. ... Just as players, you just love your buddy so much that ... sometimes, in this league, ain't nothing a coach can do, no matter who it is. Players sometimes want to take care of their guys, and coaches end up having to deal with that wrath sometimes."

• Like 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

12 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

That spot on the 4th and 1 was bogus. And why did they whistle it dead while Josh was still moving?

I will totally believe the wrasslin' ref conspiracy theories on this play. The refs know where the ball needs to get to. They know the game is either over right then or the national TV audience gets one more high-stakes drive for a division title. Blow the whistle as soon as you can plausibly do it, and put the ball down where you get a 70/30 chance of the Dolphins getting the ball back.

• Like 1

I like Miami's chances in KC. The Chiefs haven't looked right for more of the season and they didn't seem entirely happy with each other during their last big loss against the Packers. Or Raiders. Or the Philly or Bills losses. Wins against the Bengals and Chargers at the end of season don't feel especially inspiring either.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

3 minutes ago, BBTV said:

Oh... I only had it on in the background so was just going by the audio.  Yeah, it was a joke.   Nearly every Miami "home" game is like that.  Just like several other teams that are merely destinations for cold-weather fans to visit in the winter.  Can't feel bad for the Miami fan base one bit.

Meanwhile, Winston is a complete idiot... but he's right - there's nothing the coaches can do about this stuff, and no repercussions (emphasis mine):

"Jamaal led the [Detroit Lions] in touchdowns last year and he didn't have one this year. ... Just as players, you just love your buddy so much that ... sometimes, in this league, ain't nothing a coach can do, no matter who it is. Players sometimes want to take care of their guys, and coaches end up having to deal with that wrath sometimes."

There's this YouTuber out there named Zennie Abraham who is Winston's #1 supporter and believes that any Jameis slander is racist.  He also believes that public money for stadiums is not a bad thing and also that the city of Oakland and not John Fisher is 100% to blame for the A's leaving and is 100% certain that the A's will be in Las Vegas.  He used to work for the city of Oakland and claimed to have led Oakland's bid for the 2005 Super Bowl that went to Jacksonville.  

1 minute ago, Cosmic said:

I will totally believe the wrasslin' ref conspiracy theories on this play. The refs know where the ball needs to get to. They know the game is either over right then or the national TV audience gets one more high-stakes drive for a division title. Blow the whistle as soon as you can plausibly do it, and put the ball down where you get a 70/30 chance of the Dolphins getting the ball back.

it’s a weird play in that he’s never actually going to be “down”, so at some point they have to make the forward-progress call. I wanted the Bills to get it, but objectively it coulda gone either way and wasn’t a bad call. 

I do think it’s funny that nobody can consistently pull off the Shove, yet the announcers talk about it like it’s unstoppable because it’s the only play in the Ass Birds’ playbook that always works. Why can’t everyone do it?

5 hours ago, BottomlessPitt said:

They should but injuries along their defensive line have limited their pass rush and I don't trust their o line that much. Cinderella Bucs knock off the Eagles & Niners on the way to Dallas or Detroit for the NFC Championship. Ya never know!

Bucs only play the Niners in the Divisional Round if both the Cowboys and Lions win their games, which I don't see happening. Dallas should beat the Packers (you never know though), but Lions/Rams looks like a good upset candidate.

4 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

I like Miami's chances in KC. The Chiefs haven't looked right for more of the season and they didn't seem entirely happy with each other during their last big loss against the Packers. Or Raiders. Or the Philly or Bills losses. Wins against the Bengals and Chargers at the end of season don't feel especially inspiring either.

I don't. The weather forecast for Saturday in KC is 14 degrees. Probably even colder than that by game time. I don't think the Dolphins offense is built for that kind of weather.

• Like 1

BB52Big.jpg

2 minutes ago, GDAWG said:

There's this YouTuber out there named Zennie Abraham who is Winston's #1 supporter and believes that any Jameis slander is racist.  He also believes that public money for stadiums is not a bad thing and also that the city of Oakland and not John Fisher is 100% to blame for the A's leaving and is 100% certain that the A's will be in Las Vegas.  He used to work for the city of Oakland and claimed to have led Oakland's bid for the 2005 Super Bowl that went to Jacksonville.  

So a clown defends the circus. 

That’s just called knowing who butters their bread. 

2 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

There also a rumor that Andy Reid might retire at the end of the season.  While I get that this season hasn't been great for them, I find it hard to believe he'll walk away.  Besides, I don't think Chiefs fans want his successor to be Matt Nagy.  

Just now, BBTV said:

it’s a weird play in that he’s never actually going to be “down”, so at some point they have to make the forward-progress call. I wanted the Bills to get it, but objectively it coulda gone either way and wasn’t a bad call. 

I do think it’s funny that nobody can consistently pull off the Shove, yet the announcers talk about it like it’s unstoppable because it’s the only play in the Ass Birds’ playbook that always works. Why can’t everyone do it?

Until that play, Josh had been perfect on 3rd/4th and 1s.  Josh was still moving when they blew the whistle and they could have gotten him there. If that were a goal line play, they would have let it go further.

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Just now, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Until that play, Josh had been perfect on 3rd/4th and 1s.  Josh was still moving when they blew the whistle and they could have gotten him there. If that were a goal line play, they would have let it go further.

Wasn’t he stopped on a shove shortly before? Before the one where he kinda leaped?

Just now, infrared41 said:

I don't. The weather forecast for Saturday in KC is 14 degrees. Probably colder at night. I don't think the Dolphins offense is built for that kind of weather.

Oh, good point.

I guess both those teams are on the decline, either way. And I'd like the Bills to have a shot to get a playoff win against the Chiefs. Especially at home; it would be so satisfying.

1 minute ago, BBTV said:

Wasn’t he stopped on a shove shortly before? Before the one where he kinda leaped?

He converted on the 4th of that drive, so feels like it still counts.

10 minutes ago, infrared41 said:

I don't. The weather forecast for Saturday in KC is 14 degrees. Probably colder at night. I don't think the Dolphins offense is built for that kind of weather.

FWIW, that’s supposed to be the high. It’s going to be closer to zero by kickoff.

If Pacheco is back, I see the Chiefs wearing Miami down with the running game and suffocating them with a defense that everyone else seems to be sleeping on. Eh, let them. It’ll be that much more satisfying when they find out.   

Edited by Red Comet

1 minute ago, GDAWG said:

So Puka or Stroud as NFL Rookie of the Year?  

It's probably going to Stroud. Guy quarterbacked the same Texans who had the worst record in the AFC last season to a divisional title.

• Like 1

If the Chiefs win next week and the Steelers don't upset the Bills, Mahomes will play his first ever road playoff game (which is an absolutely ridiculous stat, considering that he's been the starter since 2018)