2023 NFL Regular Season Through Super Bowl LVIII

The Browns are starting their fifth QB of the season - the immortal Jeff Driskel - and it's not because of the usual Browns stuff. It's because they're locked into the #5 seed in the playoffs. Seeing this team sit everyone because they're in the playoffs is something I haven't seen since...now that I think about it, I don't recall ever seeing this.

All I can figure is that the end is nigh.

• Like 2

BB52Big.jpg

14 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

It seems the football gods exchanged the Browns and Lions for the Panthers and Bears in the "perma-bad teams" bin.

Well the Panthers used to be competitive. They just have a dipsh!t owner now. 

38 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

It seems the football gods exchanged the Browns and Lions for the Panthers and Bears in the "perma-bad teams" bin.

For the moment, at least. Or the end truly is nigh. Either way, I'll take it.

• Like 1

BB52Big.jpg

I hope the Steelers beat a resting Ravens team and the Texans beat the Colts. Impressive what Tomlin was able to wring out of that garbage roster yet again, and Houston seems due for some good football vibes after Megachurch Rasputin, DeShaun Watson, and watching the Titans play Oilers dress-up. Hoping for the Bills over the Jaguars; fun story last year but with Trevor "www.menwholooklikeoldlesbians.com" Lawrence on the shelf, it's less interesting.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

49 minutes ago, the admiral said:

Trevor "www.menwholooklikeoldlesbians.com" Lawrence 

I remember that site!

I was going to compare the horse-faced Lawrence to several old internet horses, but all of those stories involved either creeps or mushroom-fueled surrealism. So, here’s a summation of the Titans from Downing’s DUI to now:

spacer.png

• LOL 1

2 hours ago, infrared41 said:

The Browns are starting their fifth QB of the season - the immortal Jeff Driskel

This is also the first time in the history of the Battle of Ohio that the starting quarterback has played for the other team

• Like 2

Signature intentionally left blank

47 minutes ago, Dilbert said:

This is also the first time in the history of the Battle of Ohio that the starting quarterback has played for the other team

You'd think with all the QBs that have started for Browns, this would have happened long before now.

• Like 2

BB52Big.jpg

13 hours ago, BBTV said:

As worthless as the Pro Bowl is, usually players are excited because at the very least, they get bonuses or something.  These guys are so checked out that they don't even give a single F.  Not sure I've ever seen complete apathy like this.

That’s a pretty universal reaction around the league, especially in that environment.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, infrared41 said:

The Browns are starting their fifth QB of the season - the immortal Jeff Driskel - and it's not because of the usual Browns stuff. It's because they're locked into the #5 seed in the playoffs. Seeing this team sit everyone because they're in the playoffs is something I haven't seen since...now that I think about it, I don't recall ever seeing this.

All I can figure is that the end is nigh.

I've been offered free tickets by two different people this week. I declined. Weather's supposed to be less than great and I don't need to see preseason football. I'll watch it at home and root 

A first for me is this is the first time I've worried about the Browns. I think they're gonna smoke whatever AFC South lamb they get to play in the first round and it wouldn't surprise me if they're playing the Ravens for the AFC in three weeks, which is a sentence that makes me want to ralph. That's a team without a glaring hole and will be a tough out. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

PvO6ZWJ.png

1 hour ago, Sport said:

A first for me is this is the first time I've worried about the Browns. I think they're gonna smoke whatever AFC South lamb they get to play in the first round and it wouldn't surprise me if they're playing the Ravens for the AFC in three weeks, which is a sentence that makes me want to ralph. That's a team without a glaring hole and will be a tough out.

We'll see. It will be nice if they win a game or two, but I have zero expectations. I'm just along for the Watson-free ride. I learned a long time ago that the worst thing a Browns fan can have is hope.

• Like 3

BB52Big.jpg

7 hours ago, infrared41 said:

We'll see. It will be nice if they win a game or two, but I have zero expectations. I'm just along for the Watson-free ride. I learned a long time ago that the worst thing a Browns fan can have is hope.

What he said.

• Like 2

Clevelandcavaliersfirstlogo.gif Cleveland Cavaliers Curent Logo.png Cavs New Logo 2017-18.jpg

I'm trying to decide if I want Cleveland to play the Jags or the Texans. I think I'd rather they get the Jags, only because I know the Texans will be much, much harder to play with CJ Stroud than with the backups. At least the Texans line will be the same as that game. If they made the AFC Championship, that's probably the top level for them this year. I can't see Baltimore blowing a 10+ point lead in the fourth quarter this year.

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

3 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

I'm trying to decide if I want Cleveland to play the Jags or the Texans. I think I'd rather they get the Jags, only because I know the Texans will be much, much harder to play with CJ Stroud than with the backups. At least the Texans line will be the same as that game. If they made the AFC Championship, that's probably the top level for them this year. I can't see Baltimore blowing a 10+ point lead in the fourth quarter this year.

Whether Lawrence is back or not, he won't be healthy. I would prefer to face Jacksonville.

I don't see anyone beating the Ravens in the playoffs. However, a lot of the their losses dating back to last year have been fourth quarter blown leads. The most likely way of them getting bounced is if they do it themselves (or if Lamar has another season impacting injury).

1 hour ago, Dynasty said:

I don't see anyone beating the Ravens in the playoffs. However, a lot of the their losses dating back to last year have been fourth quarter blown leads. The most likely way of them getting bounced is if they do it themselves (or if Lamar has another season impacting injury).

We'll see.  The Lamar Ravens have been dominant headed into the playoffs before, but they've never gone all the way.

I think the world of Lamar Jackson, but he hasn't been able to put it fully together in the playoffs yet.

This is all code to say I like the Bills' chances (and yes, I know all applies to Josh as well). However, Buffalo has to make it first, and getting to the Super Bowl for them would require presumably going through Miami, Indy, KC and then Baltimore.

If that ends up the case, at least one of those two teams gets its monkey off its back.

But at least this feels like the year KC flames out early, which I'll take in and of itself.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

On 1/4/2024 at 5:47 PM, BBTV said:

As worthless as the Pro Bowl is, usually players are excited because at the very least, they get bonuses or something.  These guys are so checked out that they don't even give a single F.  Not sure I've ever seen complete apathy like this.

Geez, is this the most doom and gloom 11-5 team of all time or what

• Like 1

Last offensive play of the year was a disaster but respect to the Colts. 

They got about as far as a Gardner Minshew team could. If Richardson is anything close to what they’re hoping they could be scary. 

• Like 1

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience