MLB 2024 Uniform/Logo Changes

TrueYankee26

4 hours ago, MJD7 said:

For sure. To use a more clear-cut example, both the Twins and Brewers are using 3 stripes, but the Twins are clearly bigger (which is a surprise, because the Brewers’ home jersey had really big sleeve stripes on the previous template).

bEqYq3M.jpg

bOqVjIQ.jpg

As these photos show (as do the real life photos I posted yesterday in this thread), clearly there are different cuff thickness options. Why didn’t Nike offer the Braves a thicker cuff which could fit the stripes while retaining white below the stripe? That Twins example shows they clearly have the space for it, while also being able to do the thin stripes as seen in the Brewers example.

• Like 3

On 1/18/2024 at 6:31 PM, WSU151 said:

Are you saying the font is off or the numbers weren't there last year?

Keep in mind these are still replica jerseys (and as you noted, photoshopped). 

The font is off. The front numbers for the Cardinals and Orioles are not just smaller versions of the back number. The aspect ratio is different...or at least it was different. 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 2

On 1/19/2024 at 11:29 AM, TheBigFiz21 said:

The lower trim on the O's jerseys bothers me just as much as it does with Atlanta. Maybe when I see it on both alternates, it likely won't be as bad, but I at least feel justified in having blank replicas of the others in either the Nike/Majestic style or the one before it.

I could tolerate the new trim if they were going for the classic 80s pullover, but I don't think going in that direction works with the current script.

This doesn't bother me much, as it mimics the sleeve trim placement of the Orioles' early 90s Russell jerseys.

1 hour ago, M59 said:

The font is off. The front numbers for the Cardinals and Orioles are not just smaller versions of the back number. The aspect ratio is different...or at least it was different. 

Not sure if Nike’s going to create front number fonts for teams that have them for replica jerseys

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

5 hours ago, M59 said:

AGAIN, these are computer graphics superimposed onto jerseys. The actual jersey elements can, and probably will, look different.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

This post on Reddit has the best hi res photos of 11 teams so far.

https://www.reddit.com/r/baseballunis/s/LomPUD3lml

So far it looks like Angels get the award for "Most Improved" with the new template.

On 2024-01-20 at 10:18 AM, Old School Fool said:

Looks like Nike has no idea what color Cream is. Once again Nike cannot reproduce a color right. The Brewers and Giants home jerseys have way more yellow in them now for no reason.

From the reddit thread, the Brewers have the same shade of cream, the Giants have a slightly different shade than before.

51 minutes ago, Pyromania1983 said:

Looks like Angels are adding the pullover throwback uniforms: https://uni-watch.com/2024/01/22/exclusive-angels-adding-pullover-throwback-confirming-earlier-hints/

Screenshot-2024-01-19-at-3.16.05-PM-1344

Well this sure is a "good news / bad news" situation. That's the right wordmark for the team, but definitely the wrong style.

That Angels uniform reached its peak in its buttondown version.

Blyleven.jpg

I'm from the 1970s. I dig the 1970s. But pullovers are just bad. There were exactly three teams that looked good in pullovers: the A's and the Pirates in regular-cut pullovers, and the White Sox in their collared shirts (though the collar should have gone all the way around).

For every other team, the pullover style was at best ugly, and at worst, on the traditional teams (Red Sox, Cardinals, Giants, Reds), an affront to history.

That style should be left in the dustbin of history (alongside powder blue road uniforms).

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

13 hours ago, BC985 said:

The MLB logo placement on the back is brutal. 

And completely unnecessary on these replicas, given that they have wider plackets than the gamers are going to have. What kind of backasswards uni-verse is this ?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

Well this sure is a "good news / bad news" situation. That's the right wordmark for the team, but definitely the wrong style.

That Angels uniform reached its peak in its buttondown version.

Blyleven.jpg

I'm from the 1970s. I dig the 1970s. But pullovers are just bad. There were exactly three teams that looked good in pullovers: the A's and the Pirates in regular-cut pullovers, and the White Sox in their collared shirts (though the collar should have gone all the way around).

For every other team, the pullover style was at best ugly, and at worst ,on the traditional teams (Red Sox, Cardinals, Giants, Reds), an affront to history.

That style should be left in the dustbin of history (alongside powder blue road uniforms).

I think further exposure to Nike's ridiculously narrow placket is going to change some minds. I'm already of the opinion that the Orioles would be well-served by two-button pullovers, as their semi-italicized, vanishing point script just doesn't work right across a placket...and REALLY isn't going to look good once Nike splits the middle "o". 

I know we've done this before, and I've realized that my love of the Twins' pullovers have more to do with how good-looking I find thick red and blue/the fun of the switched cap color than the actual template (same for California for the former and Boston for both), but whether or not one thinks it's better than the button-down I still think Toronto's deserves some recognition alongside Oakland, Pittsburgh, and Chicago.

• Like 5

spacer.png

spacer.png

On 1/18/2024 at 9:19 AM, AstroCree said:

I've seen the replicas in person and they all look so awkward. I'm all in for moving the batterman logo somewhere else because the back is so bad right now.

Perhaps under the sleeve patch? I dunno but they need to fix that asap. 

Heh.  And we're right back to the old Majestic logo.

• Like 1

spacer.png

spacer.png

5 minutes ago, AstroCree said:

uuuuuuuugh, they're butchering my favorite jersey. https://uni-watch.com/2024/01/22/exclusive-first-look-at-mets-redesigned-black-jersey/

The missing headspoon was already weird but now you're getting rid of the color that helps make the jersey pop. 

i dunno, man. i just feel like this was a cool direction to take that jersey. it'll read fine on TV with better resolutions than they had back when they first introduced it in 1999, and i feel like it needed to be spruced up. think it's going to look good on-field.

sig2024.png