MLB 2024 Uniform/Logo Changes

TrueYankee26

57 minutes ago, Sodboy13 said:

One player compares the jersey to toilet paper, but in a complimentary fashion, if you wanted to find a new peak of damning with faint praise.

10000 years from now MLB jerseys will be the same. What else can they do?

1 hour ago, (probably)notabandwagonfan said:

It's hard to tell, but the Braves made have tweaked their away alternate. This jersey doesn't have placket piping and the sleeve piping is red. The current(?) has silver piping.

This might be a Spring Training only jersey but it's new either way, and I thought Nike was doing away with Spring Training jerseys.

Great catch. I’d be shocked if this is a ST only jersey and fully expect it’s the new road alt. The times they had a special jersey just for ST, it used the home script. I found some better photos and it looks like they have swapped everything that was gray for red (including placket piping). I kinda liked the gray trim on the road jersey, but this looks good, too. While the gray looked good, it didn’t quite make sense since it was a single braid of trim and they wore it with their standard gray pants which have a blue/red/blue stripe. This red stripe jersey now matches the pants stripe pattern, so I call it either a push or even a slight upgrade. I will miss the contrast of the gray piping since red will be harder to see, but it’s still good.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

For comparison:

spacer.png

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

Great catch. I’d be shocked if this is a ST only jersey and fully expect it’s the new road alt. The times they had a special jersey just for ST, it used the home script. I found some better photos and it looks like they have swapped everything that was gray for red (including placket piping). I kinda liked the gray trim on the road jersey, but this looks good, too. While the gray looked good, it didn’t quite make sense since it was a single braid of trim and they wore it with their standard gray pants which have a blue/red/blue stripe. This red stripe jersey now matches the pants stripe pattern, so I call it either a push or even a slight upgrade. I will miss the contrast of the gray piping since red will be harder to see, but it’s still good.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

For comparison:

spacer.png

So if these ARE the new road alts, the road hats are gonna look even more out of place. They actually worked alright with the previous ones. The white A to grey piping were fairly indistinguishable from even a moderate distance, and caused the red "Atlanta" to push forward more. Nice effect actually. But if the road hat is staying, then it completely looks out of place. Maybe they're ditching it?...🤔

33 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

For comparison:

spacer.png

I like the gray more....... think the red clashes with the script and Tomahawk.

And the grey  piping looks great with the gray pants.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, aawagner011 said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

For comparison:

spacer.png

Just confirmed by Uni-Watch that this is indeed their regular season road alt. The white piping is now red.

I'm totally cool with this change. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

For comparison:

spacer.png

I don't know if it's just me, but that shade of navy looks a bit lighter than the previous jersey.

7 minutes ago, (probably)notabandwagonfan said:

I don't know if it's just me, but that shade of navy looks a bit lighter than the previous jersey.

It very well may be. When the Braves showed off the home whites at a fan fest, I saw a couple folks make the same comment about the navy blue trim.

spacer.png

1 hour ago, coco1997 said:

Uni-Watch is reporting the Nats are dropping the front numbers from their home whites and navy alts. That's a shame, because I liked the contrasting numbers look. 

It'd be a shame if the font was at least decent...

1 minute ago, monkeypower said:

The Angels front number has been pushed up.

1*aDt3kss8YYv8bCxbAC6pDg.jpeg

Also, the inconsistent number renderings from the online store may unfortunately be correct as the front number has the drop shadow while the back numbers don't anymore.

1*i-UyPLd93jnzamnOthYTkA.jpeg

01hc51anxts12xb67b1v.jpg

Wow, that’s a real wtf decision if there’s ever been one. The Angels just need to start over and clean things up all around. They have some solid components to their identity, but it needs help. I’d start by making the halo gold like those anniversary caps they had sometime in the last decade.

• Like 10

RE: the Angels. I don't mind losing the drop shadow from the back #s. Would like to see it go from the front numbers, as well.
(I'd also like to see them use plain block numbers like the Cardinals and Orioles do. The pointy bits do nothing for me.)

RE: the Nationals. Even if your number font sucks (and theirs does) not having front numbers on a script-front jersey is a no-no in my book. That team is really striving to find ways in which to make their uniform set  look worse.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, coco1997 said:

Uni-Watch is reporting the Nats are dropping the front numbers from their home whites and navy alts. That's a shame, because I liked the contrasting numbers look. 

This breaks both, but especially the navy jersey. The cool thing about that look was the contrast and the consistency of it from front to back. Your lettering is white on red and your numbering is red on white no matter which side you're viewing. Plus, the Nationals script is at a steeper angle than some other diagonal scripts, in part to accommodate those chunky numbers. Now you'll just have very noticeable dead space.

• Like 2
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

2 minutes ago, Sodboy13 said:

Plus, the Nationals script is at a steeper angle than some other diagonal scripts, in part to accommodate those chunky numbers. Now you'll just have very noticeable dead space.

The script is at a lesser angle now without the numbers

• Like 1

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

2 hours ago, monkeypower said:

1*i-UyPLd93jnzamnOthYTkA.jpeg

01hc51anxts12xb67b1v.jpg

Have... have I never seen a 4 on the team all these years?  That looks so wrong and I thought it was part of what people were complaining about, but apparently that's the way it's always been.  The extra serif at the top looks like it's off a completely different team's font.  It's all just so weird looking.

• Like 1

spacer.png

spacer.png