MLB 2024 Uniform/Logo Changes

TrueYankee26

1 hour ago, ZapRowsdower8 said:

The downside of having a great player that people want to see, the Pirates are getting an ad. On a ferry in the Virgin Islands so I can’t post a pic. It’s Sheetze.

I've always loved the Pirates, and I loved Sheetz when I lived in Virginia.  Fresh off of my disappointment about yesterday's tribute being tained by those Stifel and Chevrolet patches, and despite the fact that I knew this day would eventually come, I'm irrationally angry about this news.  I guess now I'm just waiting for the Mariners to complete my disappointment with MLB.

1 hour ago, ZapRowsdower8 said:

The downside of having a great player that people want to see, the Pirates are getting an ad. On a ferry in the Virgin Islands so I can’t post a pic. It’s Sheetze.

There's a [censored] joke to be made there 🙂

• Like 1

It's where I sit.

54 minutes ago, officeglenn said:

At least it's a pretty horizontal logo so it ends up being relatively small, I guess?

And just like clockwork the [MOD EDIT] come out of the woodwork and yell:

*If this means we can sign (insert player name) to a long term contract,  i am all for it*

Well at least this ad spells out what jersey  ads are......... pure 💩

• Eyeroll 4

19 minutes ago, adsarebad said:

And just like clockwork the [MOD EDIT] come out of the woodwork and yell:

*If this means we can sign (insert player name) to a long term contract,  i am all for it*

Really?

It's where I sit.

4 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

Ableist language isn’t really necessary, ever. This is not 4chan or KiwiFarms.

The edit makes me think he's got no idea what is wrong.

It's where I sit.

56 minutes ago, officeglenn said:

This better mean the Phillies are signing a deal with Wawa.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Dislike 1

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

I'm thankful/surprised it took this long. Oh well, it's arguably better than the disaster the Pens' jersey ad decisions have been. I'd sell my soul to have jersey ads match the uniform's color scheme, or at least be a neutral color, but in this case you already have a logo with a little red in it on the other sleeve, so I guess it's alright.

Too bad Sheetz itself has gone way down in quality since the started opening them on every single streetcorner.

Pittsburgh Arsenal - Elite Football League (NFL) - 2006  |  New Orleans JazzCats - Major League Hockey (AHL) - 2023

1 hour ago, Maz said:

I'm thankful/surprised it took this long. Oh well, it's arguably better than the disaster the Pens' jersey ad decisions have been. I'd sell my soul to have jersey ads match the uniform's color scheme, or at least be a neutral color, but in this case you already have a logo with a little red in it on the other sleeve, so I guess it's alright.

Too bad Sheetz itself has gone way down in quality since the started opening them on every single streetcorner.

Funny thing is Wawa will to be everywhere east of the Mississippi except New York State and New England the way they have been expanding lately. They have been in Florida for a decade, and now expanding to North Carolina, Alabama, Tennessee, Indiana, Ohio and Kentucky now. It is nuts lol

1 hour ago, TrueYankee26 said:

Funny thing is Wawa will to be everywhere east of the Mississippi except New York State and New England the way they have been expanding lately. They have been in Florida for a decade, and now expanding to North Carolina, Alabama, Tennessee, Indiana, Ohio and Kentucky now. It is nuts lol

Considering Sheetz has been taking the fight right into Wawa territory for a while now, I am surprised there still aren't any Wawas in this neck of the woods.

Pro tip: Anytime you are passing through Southwest PA and need to make a pit stop, skip Sheetz and find a full-sized GetGo instead. 😉

• Like 1

Pittsburgh Arsenal - Elite Football League (NFL) - 2006  |  New Orleans JazzCats - Major League Hockey (AHL) - 2023

Pirates are my local team, so I was watching pregame. Not sure if other teams went all out for an ad, but this is what I witnessed today…multiple posts from the pirates social about their ad, sending players to said gas station today, a good 5+ minutes segment about it in pregame, the owner getting a custom jersey with the business on the nameplate from the pirates cheap owner, and at least 10 references to the patch and how great it is (along with closeups of their ad on the wall). It was like a giant Sheetz commercial that had a baseball game backdrop. Ads are my number 1 pet peeve and that says a lot cause I pick at everything.

• Hurl 1
KISSwall09.jpg

3 hours ago, hormone said:

Pirates are my local team, so I was watching pregame. Not sure if other teams went all out for an ad, but this is what I witnessed today…multiple posts from the pirates social about their ad, sending players to said gas station today, a good 5+ minutes segment about it in pregame, the owner getting a custom jersey with the business on the nameplate from the pirates cheap owner, and at least 10 references to the patch and how great it is (along with closeups of their ad on the wall). It was like a giant Sheetz commercial that had a baseball game backdrop. Ads are my number 1 pet peeve and that says a lot cause I pick at everything.

I don't know what other teams have done exactly but yeah the announcement promotion is part of those ad deals.

21 hours ago, officeglenn said:

At least it's a pretty horizontal logo so it ends up being relatively small, I guess?

I'd much rather have that on my team's sleeve than a ginormous round ad. If you check highlights from the football game the Orioles and Astros played last night, you'll notice that the Orioles ad patch is bigger than the team patch and the Astros' ad patch is significantly larger than their team patch. :cursing:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, hormone said:

It's gross, certainly, but this seems to be pretty standard "brand activation" stuff. Make a big deal out of it at launch, and then let the patch do the heavy marketing lift thereafter. Every Pirates game from now until the deal expires will be one giant Sheetz commercial. That's the whole point. 

21 hours ago, Maz said:

I'd sell my soul to have jersey ads match the uniform's color scheme, or at least be a neutral color, but in this case you already have a logo with a little red in it on the other sleeve, so I guess it's alright.

If soul-selling is on the table, why would you sell your soul for a better ad, when you could sell your soul for no ad at all?

I'm still as irrationally angry about this today as I was yesterday morning.  Why would they replace the Jolly Roger on the left sleeve with a company ad, and present it like it's something to be excited about?  I know Bob Nutting has had a lot of crap over the years for using the Pirates as a money-filtering scheme for his :censored:ty resorts, but I guess it's too much for him to pretend to give a :censored: about the Pirates and their identity.

2 minutes ago, skallagriff said:

Why would they replace the Jolly Roger on the left sleeve with a company ad, and present it like it's something to be excited about?

Was shocked they got rid of a patch when they kept the P on the City Connects.  Then I realized they've only played that one game with the patches and the empty sleeve in the previous game were opposite the Jolly Roger patch.  Is there confirmation they're not just wearing both on the rest?

spacer.png

spacer.png

19 hours ago, Maz said:

Considering Sheetz has been taking the fight right into Wawa territory for a while now,

Is that true?  If so, I certainly haven't noticed it.  The two actually partner on some things.

Also, regarding the patch - the worst thing is that it's red, which makes the uniform look like a relic of the pre-PNC set with the dumb red-billed cap and red-trimmed stuff.  Didn't they have a red BP or alt or something?  I wish it was any other color besides red.

Also 2 - I don't think it'll be Wawa for the Phillies.  The Phillies will command one of the larger deals - probably the 3rd or 4th biggest one.  Wawa doesn't need it, and there's nobody that they compete with that would take it before they do.  Royal Farms isn't making a dent and isn't a threat for the patch, and Sheetz - even if they are competing, which I doubt, certainly isn't going to get it.  Also I don't think even Wawa could afford what it'll cost.

Also 3 - Sheetz > Wawa.  I'd cut off my own wang if I could get a Shmuffin, Shmiscuit, Shmagle, and a Shmonster right now.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."