MLB 2024 Uniform/Logo Changes

TrueYankee26

2 hours ago, Anubis2051 said:

Were these giveaways?

I smell a 2025 promotion in the works here. And since they're sleeveless, they'll be cheaper to make than those wretched soccer jerseys teams have been giving away for the last couple of seasons.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sinistas said:

The Pencil Bat is by Victus. Amusingly, this is likely a custom order, since they generally don't offer a wood version.

https://victussports.com/pencil-hybrid-bbcor/

Victus is in the Philly burbs, and they're on one of the local morning news stations periodically showing off cool new designs or just talking bats.  I think some part of their operation is in south Jersey and their Major League "factory" is in the PA Philly burbs.  I'm not certain, but I think they were the first to do the "fancy-custom bat" gimmick.  They made a lot of amateur bats for kids and adult softball, and claim that they had just a few ML clients at first, but their logo happened to be shown on the bat in some prominent photos of players (there's one reason why companies slap their logos on things!) which helped pick up their business.  Then Bryce's endorsement and showing off of his custom Phanatic bats took it to a whole other level.

They seem like cool dudes who are fans running a side business, as opposed to a soulless corp that's cranking out bats and shipping them out in 18-wheelers.  Maybe their amateur-bat business may be closer to that.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

38 minutes ago, Aardvark said:

This is what reverse pinstripes would look like (without the NoBs)

PYH2024082507420005300_P4.jpg

Cubs CC should have been this. Or Powder blue pinstripes.

2 hours ago, WBeltz said:

Cubs CC should have been this. Or Powder blue pinstripes.

Probably a good thing they didn't go this route, as it might have looked too similar to their Southside rivals' set. 

6 hours ago, Aardvark said:

This is what reverse pinstripes would look like (without the NoBs)

PYH2024082507420005300_P4.jpg

That's ugly. But at least the pants have proper belt loops. Also, aren't those stripes black/white/black? Sure looks that way to me.

• Like 1

On 8/19/2024 at 4:18 PM, damnyoutuesday said:

I'm 100% for players being able to use custom bats year round

I would love this.

I remember Bryce Harper used a Phanatic Royal Guard themed bat during a game in London.

newspress-collage-vtkruxwtv-171787239426

The Pencil bat is infamous if you play MLB The Show. It's usually a sign that you will have a bad time.

• Like 1

bSLCtu2.png

Towards the end of the WS near Halloween time, they could have bats with blood stains all over them, or bats that are skeleton legs.  

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

15 hours ago, M59 said:

That's ugly. But at least the pants have proper belt loops. Also, aren't those stripes black/white/black? Sure looks that way to me.

They might be, but I also think that photo has been sharpened to the point of causing artifacts in areas of high contrast. So the white of the pinstripes look like they have outlines darker than the jersey, when in reality it's likely just Photoshop (or whatever software) pushing the contrast in order to "sharpen" the image.

On 8/19/2024 at 6:18 PM, damnyoutuesday said:

I'm 100% for players being able to use custom bats year round

IMO, this would be too much of a good thing.  Yeah, it was fun for a weekend, but seeing those bats for every game in a 162-game season would make the novelty factor wear off REAL quick.  Better for it to stay a special-event kind of thing.

• Like 2

"The guns have fallen silent.  The stars have aligned.  The great wait is over.  Come see.  It will not be televised."

1 hour ago, BBTV said:

Towards the end of the WS near Halloween time, they could have bats with blood stains all over them, or bats that are skeleton legs.  

Or just bats with bats.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • WOAH 1

It's where I sit.