2023-'24 NHL season

Kramerica Industries

3 minutes ago, GDAWG said:

I am conflicted about who to pick.  I am usually a fan of teams who have a chance to win their first ever championship, so I want to pick Florida.  On the other hand, it would be neat to see McDavid and Draisaitl hoist the Stanley Cup.  I am going to have to think about this one.  

Shoot...just sit back and be a neutral observer. It's more enjoyable that way. (Though you'll probably know about halfway into the first period of Game 1 which side you're pulling for 😀)

• Like 1

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Just now, tBBP said:

Shoot...just sit back and be a neutral observer. It's more enjoyable that way. (Though you'll probably know about halfway into the first period of Game 1 which side you're pulling for 😀)

I am probably going to do that as I did last year.    The NBA Finals, on the other hand, I am rooting for the Mavericks.  

I'm a Ducks fan (albeit not from the area, or even the same continent) and the jerseys make me miserable. All three of their recent thirds have been much better designs, which makes it all the more frustrating that they won't replace or at least tidy up the uniforms already. I'd still take these over the wordmark jerseys but that's neither here nor there.

The armyfication of the Panthers identity is corny, but they still look better than the Ducks - who are guilty of the same thing, thanks Brian Burke.

--

Without meaning to Duckjack the thread...

I'm mostly rooting for the Oilers to see Adam Henrique and Sam Carrick get a Cup, and the last Mighty Duck Corey Perry get one more. Nothing against the Panthers, but them winning their first Cup would be neat too.

• Like 1

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

Just now, wildwing64 said:

I'm a Ducks fan (albeit not from the area, or even the same continent) and the jerseys make me miserable. All three of their recent thirds have been much better designs, which makes it all the more frustrating that they won't replace or at least tidy up the uniforms already. I'd still take these over the wordmark jerseys but that's neither here nor there.

The armyfication of the Panthers identity is corny, but they still look better than the Ducks - who are guilty of the same thing, thanks Brian Burke.

--

Without meaning to Duckjack the thread...

I'm mostly rooting for the Oilers to see Adam Henrique and Sam Carrick get a Cup, and the last Mighty Duck Corey Perry get one more. Nothing against the Panthers, but them winning their first Cup would be neat too.

Oh man I forgot about Perry. 5 SCF appearances with 5 different teams. Can you imagine if he loses a 4th in 5 years?

29 minutes ago, ManillaToad said:

Oh man I forgot about Perry. 5 SCF appearances with 5 different teams. Can you imagine if he loses a 4th in 5 years?

Does he have a son in this year's draft?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

11 hours ago, Unocal said:

Just the thought of a Panthers Stanley Cup win makes me want to root for another lockout

Sunrise Florida is a pox on the sport of hockey. Lord Stanley would be rolling over in his grave at the though of his cherished trophy in the middle of swampy beaches 

I HATE the Florida Panthers. I despise them.

We all know the Panther 'fans' at last night's game probably were Penguins fans in 2016. Bandwagon frontrunning frauds who think Matthew Tkachuk invented hockey.

Crazy talk, this is an iconic moment in NHL history

-

-

14 hours ago, FiddySicks said:

Oilers Panthers Stanley Cup Finals? I will take it. 

It's Florida vs. Canadian Texas!

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

1 hour ago, LMU said:

Still waiting for the how. You affirming your alternate reality stance  without any evidence pretty much confirms that the Panthers have a superior identity.

And, I never asked about the arena but if you’d actually been to Anaheim you’d know that the Honda Center is in the middle of generic suburban sprawl which might as well be the middle of nowhere by Southern California standards.

It's visible from the 5... I guess?

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Just now, Kevin W. said:

It's visible from the 5... I guess?

A lot of stuff is visible from the 5. It doesn’t mean it’s any less in the middle of nowhere.

The Bluth model home was probably visible from the 5. Yes, 90% of my understanding of Orange County comes from Arrested Development and The O.C. Is that bad?

7 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

A lot of stuff is visible from the 5. It doesn’t mean it’s any less in the middle of nowhere.

I know, I was making a joke. I've been to and driven past the Pond many times. There's nothing of note near it other than the Happiest Place on Earth, the Anaheim Convention Center and one of the Unhappiest Stadiums in Baseball, aka Angel Stadium.

7 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

The O.C.

Don't call it that.

• LOL 2

2 hours ago, LMU said:

Still waiting for the how. You affirming your alternate reality stance  without any evidence pretty much confirms that the Panthers have a superior identity.

And, I never asked about the arena but if you’d actually been to Anaheim you’d know that the Honda Center is in the middle of generic suburban sprawl which might as well be the middle of nowhere by Southern California standards.

I love how the Panthers arena comment was made that "its in the middle of nowhere".  Yes, looking west its all Everglades beyond the turnpike.

1200px-BB&TCenterAerial.jpg

If someone (who will remain nameless) would look at a map, they'd realize the arena is only on the outer edge of suburban sprawl.  Not the downtown vibe, but clearly not "middle of nowhere"

83.png

1 hour ago, TBGKon said:

If someone (who will remain nameless) would look at a map, they'd realize the arena is only on the outer edge of suburban sprawl.  Not the downtown vibe, but clearly not "middle of nowhere"

83.png

Not really sure this is an own. Huizenga fled Miami, as he loved to do, for an outlet mall outside of Fort Lauderdale that literally abuts the Everglades. Relative to any of the big three cities in South Florida, yeah, it kind of is the middle of nowhere. There's no there there. Driving through Broward/Palm Beach Counties is like the rolling background in a Hanna-Barbera cartoon. 

1 hour ago, SFGiants58 said:

This show’s biggest cultural impact was inspiring a meme.

That The O.C. left so little in its wake is quite interesting. It's like how in the peak years of Simpsons, Seinfeld, and Friends, the #1 show in America was Home Improvement.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ManillaToad said:

At least he has 1 Cup. It's better than 0 Cups, I guess.

The Panthers are like the Kansas City Royals from a decade ago- irrelevant franchise having their 15 minutes of fame before they go back to the basement where they belong.

• Dislike 3

17 hours ago, Unocal said:

If the Florida Panthers moved, would anyone in Sunrise shed a tear? Or care? Or know that hockey existed there in the first place?

This is like the KC Royals a decade ago- irrelevant franchise having their 15 minutes of fame before going back into the basement

58 minutes ago, Unocal said:

The Panthers are like the Kansas City Royals from a decade ago- irrelevant franchise having their 15 minutes of fame before they go back to the basement where they belong.

Yeah. We got that the first time you said it and still nobody cares or agrees.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Unocal said:

If the Florida Panthers moved, would anyone in Sunrise shed a tear? Or care? Or know that hockey existed there in the first place?

The Panthers play in their own arena and managed to build a Cup contendeing team around top picks in the Draft. That's not bad for a Florida based team that's been around for decades.

They never had to resort to borrowing the building of an NCAA minor league team.