2024-25 NHL Changes

LMU

3 hours ago, kolob said:

What's world peace if you don't look good doing it?

Do you know how much world peace we would have if people wore good looking jerseys? And then I walk in the room wearing my Burger King jersey. lol

Here's something I just noticed. I always thought these Panthers uniforms were really boring and that they needed something new

am.jpg?ssl=1

Well it turns out those are basically just the closest the team could get to BFBS, and the uniforms they went to the Stanley Cup with look much more vibrant and frankly better. 

Scott-Mellanby-768x1157.jpg

• Dislike 2

2 hours ago, Ark said:

Here's something I just noticed. I always thought these Panthers uniforms were really boring and that they needed something new

This isn't vibrant? 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

2 hours ago, Ark said:

am.jpg?ssl=1

Well it turns out those are basically just the closest the team could get to BFBS, and the uniforms they went to the Stanley Cup with look much more vibrant and frankly better. 

I mean they’re navy, not black, and navy was already one of their colours. 

They were a bit uninspired (they literally just used the fill tool on their white jersey), but they were fine alternates. The mistake was making them the primary uniforms. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

On 2024-07-01 at 9:11 AM, SoxSteeler said:

The Pens have a golden triangle in their logo because downtown Pittsburgh is colloquially referred to as the Golden Triangle. The Allegheny and Manongahela shape it that way.  I don't think Anaheim has a triangle for any particular reason. 

spacer.png

Anaheim has the Platinum Triangle, but that name was coined well after 1993. They just have a triangle there because the designers of the original logo thought it looked nice.

2 hours ago, spartacat_12 said:

I mean they’re navy, not black, and navy was already one of their colours. 

They were a bit uninspired (they literally just used the fill tool on their white jersey), but they were fine alternates. The mistake was making them the primary uniforms. 

That's why I said closest the team could get to BFBS, it's such a dark shade of blue that it's almost black.

And I think that shade of red is pretty vibrant. It's definitely more vibrant than the dark blue, which is what I said. It definitely is vibrant in some pics, but the camera quality wasn't as good back then so it's difficult to tell

happy-60th-birthday-to-brian-skrudland-t

I can't explain why, but that specific jersey always gave me "circus colors" vibes (despite being far from the only team to wear that combo). A more vibrant jersey makes sense for a Florida team, however. As much as I like the blue jersey from that time, the move to mostly-blue was a bad one for them. It's not pseudo-BFBS, though, when you are simply moving a color that's always been a secondary part of the scheme into the primary role. 

What St. Louis did by moving red from a subtle trim color to almost half the uniform, however, is way closer to that sort of phenomenon. This sort of stuff during that time period is why I call it "NCFNCS - New Color for New Color's Sake.

st-louis-blues-v-toronto-maple-leafs.jpgst-louis-blues-v-toronto-maple-leafs.jpg

Pittsburgh Arsenal - Elite Football League (NFL) - est. 2006 

20 minutes ago, Maz said:

I can't explain why, but that specific jersey always gave me "circus colors" vibes (despite being far from the only team to wear that combo). A more vibrant jersey makes sense for a Florida team, however. As much as I like the blue jersey from that time, the move to mostly-blue was a bad one for them. It's not pseudo-BFBS, though, when you are simply moving a color that's always been a secondary part of the scheme into the primary role. 

What St. Louis did by moving red from a subtle trim color to almost half the uniform, however, is way closer to that sort of phenomenon. This sort of stuff during that time period is why I call it "NCFNCS - New Color for New Color's Sake.

st-louis-blues-v-toronto-maple-leafs.jpgst-louis-blues-v-toronto-maple-leafs.jpg

To piggyback off this point, here are the Calgary Flames' away uniforms from 1980-2003:

1980-1994

spacer.png

1994-2000

spacer.png

2000-2003

spacer.png

Black wasn't even part of the color scheme until the mid-90s and by the early 00s it was the color base for the road uniform

Blue + red + yellow is a terrible color scheme and should never be used. It's very difficult for the 3 primary colors to co-exist in a design.

Navy + red + yellow is difficult to balance but not horrible. Unpopular opinion, but I think the current gold used by the Panthers actually helps balance the color scheme better.

• Like 2
  • Huh? 1
  • Dislike 2

3 hours ago, Bmac said:

Blue + red + yellow is a terrible color scheme and should never be used. It's very difficult for the 3 primary colors to co-exist in a design.

Navy + red + yellow is difficult to balance but not horrible. Unpopular opinion, but I think the current gold used by the Panthers actually helps balance the color scheme better.

Somewhere in one of these hockey threads, I did a full breakdown of my personal opinion of the Panthers' brand now as compared to the former. Their original logo was miles better than the current...but overall, given the direction their current brand took, I do agree that the tan fits much better in that it doesn't pull the eye as much.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

5 hours ago, Bmac said:

I think a decent amount of people are still fond of the 80s Blues. The 90s string set still has nostalgia. (Sorry Maz didn’t see your post above)

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

12 hours ago, Ark said:

I really like the 80s Blues

63910b79163af.image.jpg?resize=1200,1692

This looks really good. And it uses all three primary colors by the way

My favorite blues era by far probably fueled by nostalgia. I hope they whip out the white version of this set for the Winter Classic next year. 

18 hours ago, ManillaToad said:

GettyImages-1205865686.jpg?ts=1604003215

No fair, Lanny's 'stache makes every uniform great 😄

But I agree. These are nice, although I do also agree that the three primary colors are kinda tough to get right together.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

On 7/20/2024 at 7:59 PM, Ark said:

That's why I said closest the team could get to BFBS, it's such a dark shade of blue that it's almost black.

And I think that shade of red is pretty vibrant. It's definitely more vibrant than the dark blue, which is what I said. It definitely is vibrant in some pics, but the camera quality wasn't as good back then so it's difficult to tell

Except BFBS is only when a team without black in their colour scheme comes out with a black jersey (like the Leafs alternate). You wouldn't call the Blackhawks or Flyers black jerseys BFBS.

21 hours ago, Bmac said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 6