2024-25 NHL Changes

LMU

3 hours ago, tBBP said:

(I guess having said that, based off earlier commentary in this thread, everyone should be glad the officials/league allowed Brett Hull's toe-goal to stand in those '99 Cup Finals, or else that same sentiment may well be applying to the goatheads as well...)

No, cause the Stars would have still won in 7 in these beauties* 😉

Bring back gold already.

pcNsY1Z.jpg

* Yes the green is too dark but it's still a nice uniform.

• Like 1

@Morgan33 I actually agree that the Stars should reinstate gold. About a decade and a half ago, Baylor showed us that Kelly green (or as the Stars call their version, "Victory Green") works beautifully with metallic gold:

185081115-350%20Baylor_v_Texas_A&M.jpg

I don't recall seeing any other team, pro or otherwise, replicate that colorway. The green and black isn't terrible for the Stars; it's just that green and gold would be better (even with the black trim).

• Like 5
  • Love 1

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

11 hours ago, CreamSoda said:

Utah looks like a classic hockey uniform.  Solid.  

all the people claiming it’s boring…. But this is so much better than sublimated mountains and other gaudy design elements.  

It's a place-holder.  It should be boring.  You're gonna end up with half your fans yelling for this set when you finally get around to unveiling the actual uniforms one way or another.  

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Morgan33 said:

No, cause the Stars would have still won in 7 in these beauties* 😉

Bring back gold already.

pcNsY1Z.jpg

* Yes the green is too dark but it's still a nice uniform.

It's so odd seeing the Stars with the cup in those jerseys. 

I associate that era so strongly with the "full star" jerseys, that I forgot those were still an alternate in '99.

• Like 2

I like the goathead uniforms for Buffalo but switching to them so soon after reinstating royal blue and gold would be (yet another!) slap in the face to Sabres fans. It's a fun alternate and that's probably all it needs to be.

Utah's look is serviceable until they get an actual identity. Not great, but not bad either.

I'm liking the Ducks in all orange the more I see it. Doesn't seem like it's as vivid as the old thirds under arena lighting. Black pants would be more conventional and I wouldn't be too shocked if they end up making that switch, but I'm pretty happy with this.

• Like 4

W133fxD.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

39 minutes ago, wildwing64 said:

I like the goathead uniforms for Buffalo but switching to them so soon after reinstating royal blue and gold would be (yet another!) slap in the face to Sabres fans. It's a fun alternate and that's probably all it needs to be.

As  Sabres fan this is pretty much how I feel about it.  The players seem to love them, and a lot of fans seem to love them, especially the generation that grew up with them as the primary uniform.  For me, seeing them 10-15 games a year as an alternate is perfect.   

• Like 8

6 hours ago, tBBP said:

@Morgan33 I actually agree that the Stars should reinstate gold. About a decade and a half ago, Baylor showed us that Kelly green (or as the Stars call their version, "Victory Green") works beautifully with metallic gold:

185081115-350%20Baylor_v_Texas_A&M.jpg

I don't recall seeing any other team, pro or otherwise, replicate that colorway. The green and black isn't terrible for the Stars; it's just that green and gold would be better (even with the black trim).

That looks really nice.  I've always said that they could just take the current set & replace all instances of silver with gold and end up with a really sharp design that better honors their history.

rtsZxzt.jpg

Or they could take the design below and replace the darker green with the current shade.  Both of those routes would result in something I'd purchase on day one.

JEaaBGw.jpg

• Like 7
  • Applause 1

1 hour ago, wildwing64 said:

Utah's look is serviceable until they get an actual identity. Not great, but not bad either.

I'm liking the Ducks in all orange the more I see it. Doesn't seem like it's as vivid as the old thirds under arena lighting. Black pants would be more conventional and I wouldn't be too shocked if they end up making that switch, but I'm pretty happy with this.

Maybe my eyes just need to adjust to it since it's the first all-orange uniform ever. But I can't bring myself to like that look as of now.

2 hours ago, wildwing64 said:

Doesn't seem like it's as vivid as the old thirds under arena lighting.

Well, it's definitely not as bright of an orange. The previous shade was #FC4C02 while the current is #CF4520.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Canucks now have a road ad patch, and of course they made a hype video for it. 

Few things piss me off as a fan more than seeing these videos for jersey ads, since I doubt there's a single fan who likes an ad on their team's jersey. It feels downright insulting towards the fanbase that the team would even try to hype this up.

• Like 1
  • Hurl 2
  • Hate 1
  • Facepalm 1

5 hours ago, Morgan33 said:

That looks really nice.  I've always said that they could just take the current set & replace all instances of silver with gold and end up with a really sharp design that better honors their history.

rtsZxzt.jpg

I still don't know how they didn't do that in the first place...looks 1000% better. Maybe they felt the gold would pull too much attention away from the green when they first undertook this branding initiative, I don't know. What I do know is ^that logo looks 1000% better with gold in place of silver. (IMHO, of course.)

1 hour ago, M4One said:

EA NHL 25 revels Utah road jerseys.  Also has the Ducks wearing orange gloves with their road jerseys and black at home.

spacer.png

For what that is, it's actually pretty decent. Gives off the "chilly snowy" vibe pretty well. True, it's nothing earth-shattering, but it is at least a somewhat unique (to the NHL) colorway, so there's that, at least.

(I'm still lost on why they angled the bar on the H but not on the A, but whateva at this point...)

• Like 4

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

1 hour ago, ruttep said:

Few things piss me off as a fan more than seeing these videos for jersey ads, since I doubt there's a single fan who likes an ad on their team's jersey. It feels downright insulting towards the fanbase that the team would even try to hype this up.

As a Canucks fan this makes me absolutely livid.  Nobody wants this and you're bang on about the insulting part.  Talk about pissing on a fan-base while telling them it's raining...

• Like 5

23 hours ago, ManillaToad said:

I think Washington keeping their current set has more to do with Ovechkin than the Cup. Once he retires I doubt it will stick around for long.

They're missing out on an opportunity to sell new Ovechkin jerseys then.

7 hours ago, ruttep said:

I dont even get the point of announcing this on social media.  It just creates a channel for everyone to trash the brand that is paying a lot of money for that real estate space. 

4 minutes ago, Klondyke said:

I dont even get the point of announcing this on social media.  It just creates a channel for everyone to trash the brand that is paying a lot of money for that real estate space. 

I wonder if it's a requirement in these deals to market the ad patch to the fullest exent possible or something. Maybe these owners are simply so greedy and out of touch that they decide to post these things anyway.