2024-25 NHL Changes

LMU

Missing the upper hem stripe because it makes them faster they had to give 10% of their striping to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 3
  • Meh 1
  • Dislike 4
  • Eyeroll 1

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

1 hour ago, BenLaine said:

They have said they are keeping the colors even beyond 24/25, so this (reportedly) is the permanent palette, folks.

Ugh, that’s very disappointing. I guess Smith doesn’t want them looking too similar to the Jazz, but not using purple is a huge missed opportunity. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, spartacat_12 said:

Ugh, that’s very disappointing. I guess Smith doesn’t want them looking too similar to the Jazz, but not using purple is a huge missed opportunity. 

Yeah I'd rather have purple be the "tie-in" color. 

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

Lets hope they add some Purple in the final logo/uniforms. Would be cool to see Jazz use Sky Blue as a trim color and the NHL team use Purple as their trim color. Same colors but different uses

spacer.png

• Like 4

I guess the thing that annoys me most is that it seems no one in the organization looked at the fact that they were replacing one of the most interesting brands in the league. Nor did they look at the well conceived and received LV and Seattle brands.
You would think SEG would come to this process knowing they have the latitude to swing for the fences...and instead they bunted. Actually, they didn't even bunt, they spit chew all over their shirt and acted like they meant to do that.

Also, they tacitly admitted that some of the names of the team are non starters (baby blue Venom? yeah, sure). I mean, I've been on the Yeti conspiracy side the whole time, but this should pull everyone else in.

spacer.png

I HATE THIS TIMELINE

3 hours ago, wildwing64 said:

It's alright. Perfectly adequate for its purpose, for now.

Infuriating. They're making a giant show of fans voting for the team name when they've consistently projected that they just want to name the team "Utah Hockey Club". Just come right out and say it.

• Huh? 1

Thoughts.

Yetis almost seems like a foreign translation of Jets. Jets Yets Yetis.

Disappointed that Utah is not using purple and blue. Black and pale blue look great in a vacuum but this pallette is too generic for hockey. Purple and blue would much more unique and distinguishable among NHL teams.

The Wild absolutely look better without red. Love that concept with Kelly green replacing it. Disappointed that they are not going with the reverse retro. I literally will watch any Wild game if I see those jerseys on TV. They're my favourite NHL jerseys.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, maz said:

Dallas kept the "Stars" theme, made it their own, won a cup with it, and have had it for a long time now.

Which is why they need to ditch that neon green monstrosity and either have an alternate with late North Stars colours (green heavy with black & yellow accents) or resurrect the jersey they lifted their only cup in. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Saturn said:

Infuriating. They're making a giant show of fans voting for the team name when they've consistently projected that they just want to name the team "Utah Hockey Club". Just come right out and say it.

🤢 If that's permanent I'm out.

spacer.png

Last updated 5/23

2 hours ago, CreamSoda said:

the are matched... they just took the top stripe off the hem stripes.

…so what you’re saying is that they intentionally mismatched them.

you can see how that’s worse right?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Foxxtrot44 said:

I guess the thing that annoys me most is that it seems no one in the organization looked at the fact that they were replacing one of the most interesting brands in the league. Nor did they look at the well conceived and received LV and Seattle brands.
You would think SEG would come to this process knowing they have the latitude to swing for the fences...and instead they bunted. Actually, they didn't even bunt, they spit chew all over their shirt and acted like they meant to do that.

Also, they tacitly admitted that some of the names of the team are non starters (baby blue Venom? yeah, sure). I mean, I've been on the Yeti conspiracy side the whole time, but this should pull everyone else in.

Vegas and Seattle had more prep time.

Don’t know if we can really judge until we see the real identity next year

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I don’t see the problem with these jerseys for Utah while they are still in the process of deciding a team name. For a pair of jerseys that are probably only sticking around for two or three seasons at the most, at least they are not ugly. Although a light blue jersey would have been better, they are only supposed to be temporary. I’ll reserve judgement for when they finally have an official name, colour scheme, and logos. I have a feeling they’ll listen to the fans and use either the light blue they have now, purple, or both. If they don’t use either of those colours and stick with black, I don’t think I’ll be the only one pissed with that decision.

• Applause 2

7 hours ago, wildwing64 said:

It's alright. Perfectly adequate for its purpose, for now.

The amount of people who don't understand that this is temporary is annoying. 

Also, adding a little purple here might work. 

• Like 4

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

As much as we think black and blue is overused, I just realized there isn't a single team that wears a primary black jersey with blue striping. Adding purple would be preferred but this works too

• Like 1