2024-25 NHL Changes

LMU

On 6/26/2024 at 10:14 PM, McCall said:

DOES everyone want it or just some people outside of the Ducks' fanbase?🤔

Seriously asking actual Anaheim Duck fans what their thoughts are on the team's colors.

That's a fair question.

As a Ducks fan - albeit not a local fan, so I'm only speaking for myself - I could go either way with the colours at this point. Purple and jade were what they wore when I started following them, I always liked that look and, yeah, even though it was only for a short while from my perspective, I do miss that look and lament that I may never see it in person. Despite not loving the '06 rebrand for abandoning almost everything that drew me to the team, I've since taken a liking to the modern orange, black and gold scheme - when it's done right. As of now I don't have any strong opinions on the orange helmet and pants, but I think they've nailed it with the new jerseys.

On social media it looks like an even split between fans who love the new look, and those cries of either "bring back eggplant and jade" or "ugh I hate orange". Some people love the Orange County tie in but others are indifferent to it. I can see the point of view that switching from being a dark team to now being a vivid bright orange might be jarring.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

2 hours ago, OnWis97 said:

When I saw the Kings update I was immediately taken aback by the fact the "Los Angeles" wasn't all caps. It's a small piece that maybe nobody else cares about but I think it would look better with all caps. It looked so odd to me that I assumed it was all-caps in the Gretzky era. Turns out I was wrong and I've kind of invented a problem. Still, though, I think going all-caps on that would have been a positive for this iteration.

Disagree, I really like the font on that lowercase "Los Angeles"

Especially the g

thecatch.jpg

18 hours ago, Cujo said:

The Caps being in love with that stupid looking (current and throwback) Capijals logo, when they have this at their disposal.. 

1a9eede4ea6629d27534d2820652c69ec06afac1

While I do really enjoy these jerseys, and honestly great job to Adidas on these, I do feel like the first Capitals jerseys (with the the proper all white collar) are some of the most underrated jerseys in the game.

Rod Langway Washington Capitals 8x10 Photo - Picture 1 of 1

And here is another extremely underrated set IMO:

img?regionKey=VXrJzsmGTESlRZzn9vPpdA%3D%3D

People rarely talk about how badass the yellow Canucks uniforms with the more orange logo were.

• Eyeroll 1

thecatch.jpg

16 minutes ago, SenatorJake said:

While I do really enjoy these jerseys, and honestly great job to Adidas on these, I do feel like the first Capitals jerseys (with the the proper all white collar) are some of the most underrated jerseys in the game.

People rarely talk about how badass the yellow Canucks uniforms with the more orange logo were.

spacer.png

• Love 1
  • LOL 3

sig.png

32 minutes ago, SenatorJake said:

No.

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

On 6/26/2024 at 3:29 PM, AnPheitseog said:

wait, what company does them? I feel like i know this but forget

I don't know who does their jerseys. All I've seen is a list of every team's customizers that says it's a person and/or company called A. Dolling and they've been doing the Ducks' jerseys since 2012. That's all I have. No contact information or website.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

47 minutes ago, SenatorJake said:

You are getting some negative responses, but I'll jump in the fire with you... I've always loved those yellow unis. Wouldn't want them as a full time look or anything. I've always loved how bold Vancouver was with the V jersey and these. Again, not vouching for this as a full time look. Just think these old photos look pretty awesome. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, PlayGloria said:

You are getting some negative responses, but I'll jump in the fire with you... I've always loved those yellow unis. Wouldn't want them as a full time look or anything. I've always loved how bold Vancouver was with the V jersey and these. Again, not vouching for this as a full time look. Just think these old photos look pretty awesome. 

This is how I lean as well. It's not really a full-time look, but I do think it's the best a primarily yellow team has ever looked in the NHL. Underrated uniform, like I said.

thecatch.jpg

11 minutes ago, ruttep said:

spacer.png

The hem striping on the new Kings jersey looks way too wide compared to the Gretzky version imo

This is my general worry about Fanatics. I am not entirely sure this is a design choice, and not just a lazy oversite. The stripe size on the Mitchell & Ness (owned by Fanatics) jersey matches the re-design, and that was clearly done because a general lack of care.

That entire line of Vintage jerseys by Mitchell & Ness was filled with issues.

I would guess they had the template for this jersey on file from this retro jersey and copied it without really even thinking if the dimensions were right.

spacer.png

1 hour ago, SenatorJake said:

People rarely talk about something being badass when it sucksass 😁

• LOL 1

It's where I sit.

2 hours ago, SenatorJake said:

The biggest issue, aside from how loud the colors are, is how poorly the Skate contrasts on a yellow background.  Perhaps they could fix this by making the script white and cleaning up some of the excessive lines.   But as it stands, it looks poorly thought out...  Like the logo was never intended to be placed directly on yellow.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Klondyke said:

This is my general worry about Fanatics. I am not entirely sure this is a design choice, and not just a lazy oversite. The stripe size on the Mitchell & Ness (owned by Fanatics) jersey matches the re-design, and that was clearly done because a general lack of care.

That entire line of Vintage jerseys by Mitchell & Ness was filled with issues.

I would guess they had the template for this jersey on file from this retro jersey and copied it without really even thinking if the dimensions were right.

spacer.png

Willing to bet it was purposeful for the new look and a welcome change for me. Why would you have a hem stripe that's the same scheme as the sleeve striping, but inconsistent widths? Seems like they took this as an opportunity to correct an old mistake. 

• Like 3

PvO6ZWJ.png

21 minutes ago, Sport said:

Willing to bet it was purposeful for the new look and a welcome change for me. Why would you have a hem stripe that's the same scheme as the sleeve striping, but inconsistent widths? Seems like they took this as an opportunity to correct an old mistake. 

Maybe it just looks that way in initial photoshoots, but I think the hem stripe's looked wide to the point of absurdity in the few player pictures we've gotten so far. I will say, it looks better on the road jersey than the home.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

3 hours ago, bowld said:

Now if only the Canucks could make the new skate logo the primary and roll out a white version of the alternate jersey

LOVE the Skate but the Canucks need to OWN our colours. Don't want another generic black & white look like the Kings. If the home dark is black, then use yellow as the light away base(with current shade of yellow ). Otherwise, if white is the light base, then let's just stick with blue(prefer navy over royal blue) & green. Put Johnny Canuck on the shoulders.