2024-25 NHL Changes

LMU

6 hours ago, Echo said:

1967-70 was the best the Leafs have ever looked.  I prefer them with this logo, but you could put the current logo on this sweater and it would still look great.  The extra-stripey socks are a must though.

42VaN4c.png

I as well prefer that logo for some reason. I also love this era:

spacer.png

• Like 2
  • Dislike 3

4 hours ago, PlayGloria said:

spacer.png

I get the hate for all things associated with Harold Ballard, but at least the team always looked good during his ownership.

• Like 2
  • Dislike 2

The Leafs really need to bring back that alternate and put the reversible, black monstrosity in the trashcan where it belongs.  An Original 6 franchise having a jersey like that in regular rotation is an embarrassment. 

• Like 8

11 hours ago, ruttep said:

This is my favorite lineup of Leafs jerseys

spacer.png

I agree with above posters that the very stripey socks are an absolute must.

Replace the Ballard Leaf logo with the current logo on the homes and aways on this set and that's the Leafs' definitive look, socks and all. Maybe a blue yoke on the whites like they had too but that's give or take. 

• Like 1

KtHjnlJ.png

32 minutes ago, wildwing64 said:

The Blackhawks Winter Classic jersey got leaked.

Nice design overall, and I like that they're going with red this time.

Nice combination of retro and current looks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Patchey13 said:

My Hawks concept last summer almost nailed that uniform dead on. Only difference was the stripes being inverted, and the logo in the roundel. 😅

Is this the concept you were talking about?

As well as the stripes on the sleeves and chest being different, there is the hem stripes and the lack of black cuffs, and the shoulder logos.

It looks similar, but to say that it "almost nailed that uniform dead on" is quite a stretch.

• LOL 1
  • Eyeroll 1

On 8/16/2024 at 2:26 PM, PlayGloria said:

spacer.png

I also prefer this logo, but my grandparents who were Leafs fans HATED this logo/look.  It's associated with Harold Ballard and a lot of losing for a (quickly fading) part of the Leafs fanbase.

Funny how opinions on these things are completely generational. Younger Canucks fans prefer the Orca, while nearly everyone above 30 dislikes it

6 hours ago, VampyrRabbit said:

Is this the concept you were talking about?

As well as the stripes on the sleeves and chest being different, there is the hem stripes and the lack of black cuffs, and the shoulder logos.

It looks similar, but to say that it "almost nailed that uniform dead on" is quite a stretch.

https://imgur.com/a/sG53p3y

Black and white are inverted

Black cuffs vs no cuffs

One stripe missing from the hem.

Shoulder logo on the shoulder instead of middle of the sleeve.

A circle around the primary logo

Oh yeah thats WAAAAY off bro.

Just a funny little coincidence, no need to be an ass over it lol

2 hours ago, Patchey13 said:

https://imgur.com/a/sG53p3y

Black and white are inverted

Black cuffs vs no cuffs

One stripe missing from the hem.

Shoulder logo on the shoulder instead of middle of the sleeve.

A circle around the primary logo

Don't forget the differing thickness of the sleeve and hem stripes, the color of the laces, and the team name hangar effect vs the Chicago Flag :)

It's similar, just that "almost nailed that uniform dead on" implies something that's much more similar.

The secondary logo reduced to red/black/white is so Concepts Folder.

It's fine enough. I never liked the "Blackhawks Chicago" treatment on the old Winter Classic sweaters and it's worse here because it's not even the classic two-word "Black Hawks." It's also a slab-serif font that isn't City, which makes it look like Jewel-Osco seasonal-aisle fare. I was really holding out hope for the barberpoles (which I once saw at the Champs Sports in Woodfield but could not afford in high school. It was beautiful in person. Oh well.

Leafs looked their best in the '90s with the simple primary, detailed secondary, the thick NOB lettering, and being in the Western Conference with Chicago and Detroit.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

14 hours ago, The_Admiral said:

Leafs looked their best in the '90s with the simple primary, detailed secondary, the thick NOB lettering, and being in the Western Conference with Chicago and Detroit.

Not to be that guy, but the Leafs' blue shoulder yoke third jersey didn't come around until they moved to the Eastern Conference. They wore these in their last few years in the West:

spacer.png

Essentially the early 2010s look with a slightly thinner number font

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Klondyke said:

I also prefer this logo, but my grandparents who were Leafs fans HATED this logo/look.  It's associated with Harold Ballard and a lot of losing for a (quickly fading) part of the Leafs fanbase.

I also associate that look with a lot of Leafs losing, but I'm a Sabres fan, so I'm okay with that. 😄

• LOL 2

6 minutes ago, Echo said:

I also associate that look with a lot of Leafs losing, but I'm a Sabres fan, so I'm okay with that. 😄

Is there a Leaf logo that ISN'T  associated with a lot of losing?

Sorry, just an easy question. 

• Love 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 5

It's where I sit.

7 hours ago, ruttep said:

Not to be that guy, but the Leafs' blue shoulder yoke third jersey didn't come around until they moved to the Eastern Conference. They wore these in their last few years in the West:

spacer.png

Essentially the early 2010s look with a slightly thinner number font

Yeah, those are the ones I was talking about. The secondary logo was a variation on the old 35-point leaf but without lettering. Exception that proves the "secondaries shouldn't have the same concept as their primaries" rule.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫