2024 NFL Changes

44 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

They already have endzones and stadium signage with the 80s logo. 

Not that anyone cares: I’m looking forward to these unis. The white set with the metallic helmet looks fantastic. The 80s logo still works on a helmet. 

They could always bring in a Namath era throwback as an alternate. 

I get the feeling that's probably what they'll end up doing, eventually. 

And then fans and others will clamor for those to become the primaries and then we'll be right back in this vicious cycle yet again....

...So anyway, my take is this: the more green, the better. That's precisely why I favor the 80s Jets uniforms. I could take or leave the black, but I'd much prefer sans black...Kelly green is unique enough on its own; let it breathe as much as possible. 

• Like 5

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

7 hours ago, NOLAPelicans23 said:

I don't get the hype around the "Sack Exchange" uniform. The number font is great, but outside of that, it feels lifeless and looks like something I would see in a TV ad. I think bringing back the old logo on the helmet with the current jersey would have worked well and been well-balanced. 

I think a lot of the hype is due to how bad the current set is, and that anything is better.  It's not that the Sack Exchange uniforms are bad by any means, but simply reverting to them verbatim* would be an overcorrection.  It's not the same as going back to Namath era, which IMO should be their "forever" set, but it's also not the same as simply making a new uniform that doesn't completely suck ass and look like an Arena or spring-league set.

*even if they go back, I'd bet that they change the size of the shoulder numbers and add the wordmark/logo under the collar to comply with today's norms, and in the case of the numbers, manufacturing standards.

• Like 4

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

11 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

I'm going to assume the Jets won't use the 80's logo, they'll probably keep the current Jets helmet decal and then probably update the number font. While the 80's logo is great I can't see them messing with what they have right now due to logistics.

The NFLs rules about changing uniform designs are all about money. They don’t want to make any design obsolete too quickly.  The Jets just debuted and manufactured a crap ton of these very popular jerseys.  They’re still on sale right now.  

I’m going to assume that if they say they’re switching to this legacy jersey, that’s exactly what they’ll do. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

I'm also hoping the H-town blue is somehow combined with a black or gray jersey for like a sci-fi space look.

That's probably the worst way they could possibly use the H-town blue: BFBS/GFGS. What are you smoking?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ruttep said:

That's probably the worst way they could possibly use the H-town blue: BFBS/GFGS. What are you smoking?

I'm just going by what they said about having a "mean and tough" jersey. Just a guess. Plus a space look connects with the city.

spacer.png

Last updated 5/23

1 hour ago, DrunkKidCatholic said:

The Color Rush uniform pretty much solved the issues with the Parcells era shoulder stripes. Just replace that secondary dark green and it's pretty spot on.

usa-today-8935405.0.jpg

CsWx91aUkAAvPvU.jpg

04fmdgntmci61.jpg?auto=webp&s=deed4ec609

Ehh, that would literally turn the Jets into the Colts but in green

• Like 5

The legacy Jets stripes are so easily fixable by simply flipping the colors in the shoulder insert.  It's literally so simple and wouldn't result in any change to the look (besides fixing the issue of the awkward extra white part.  It's so easy and doesn't require any changes to anything - just switch the inserts between the white and green jersey.

• Like 2

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

5 hours ago, BBTV said:

The legacy Jets stripes are so easily fixable by simply flipping the colors in the shoulder insert.  It's literally so simple and wouldn't result in any change to the look (besides fixing the issue of the awkward extra white part.  It's so easy and doesn't require any changes to anything - just switch the inserts between the white and green jersey.

It's so easy a... you know.

sUsBvq.gif

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

With all the talk about the Jets making their throwbacks the primary uniforms next season, I wonder if the Giants should follow suit. Their current uniforms are badly mismatched and the only gray they use anymore is their facemasks and a couple stripes on the home white pants. They don't have to change to the old colors, they can just do what the 49ers did with their jerseys in 2009, using darker colors on a classic look.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rfraser85 said:

With all the talk about the Jets making their throwbacks the primary uniforms next season, I wonder if the Giants should follow suit. Their current uniforms are badly mismatched and the only gray they use anymore is their facemasks and a couple stripes on the home white pants. They don't have to change to the old colors, they can just do what the 49ers did with their jerseys in 2009, using darker colors on a classic look.

0-season-FNYKG-2007.jpg

01giants_celebrate.jpg

ghows-GA-29f6f796-2370-49d7-8ce5-e1e84d4

That's all the Giants need to do. WITH those first set of gray pants. (Never cared for the other gray pants with the offset stripes.) '80-late '90s sets as alternates is fine. 

Keep those sets as are and they'll be set for life.

• Like 5

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

33 minutes ago, tBBP said:

0-season-FNYKG-2007.jpg

01giants_celebrate.jpg

ghows-GA-29f6f796-2370-49d7-8ce5-e1e84d4

That's all the Giants need to do. WITH those first set of gray pants. (Never cared for the other gray pants with the offset stripes.) '80-late '90s sets as alternates is fine. 

Keep those sets as are and they'll be set for life.

That could work too. The Giants need something blue on the road uniforms along with the helmet, and this would solve that issue. Maybe blue socks would help too, but not with the current road uniforms.

11 minutes ago, Jezus_Ghoti said:

The shade of green will probably look a little more like this (which is better, imo): 

spacer.png

Completely agree. Saturation in the mock-up was too pronounced. 

Screen-Shot-2024-01-21-at-8-26-04-PM.png

• Like 3