2024 NFL Changes

2 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

I was on an island when that Chargers rebrand came out, saying it wasn't all that great.

Nice to see others come around.

I feel people had the same reactions to the Chargers and Bengals. They were better than what they had, so everyone loved them. A step in the right direction? Sure. But honestly when it comes down to it both sets aren't great. 

• Dislike 1

50 minutes ago, JakeH28 said:

I don't think I've seen a single person who likes the TV numbers on the helmets

I'd say that I enjoy them. I always thought that more NFL teams could use a helmet that isn't just a logo slapped on a shell. I don't think the numbers bring the identity down at all, and act as a decent way to break the mold of "team logo on side of helmet". With that said, the whole brand is incredible and I wouldn't be up in arms if they decided to ditch the numbers. They're fine, but don't make or break an already strong identity.

Going on a bit of a tangent from my initial point, I love it when teams use numbers, non-logo imagery, or patterns on their helmets. That's why I love helmets like the Bengals, Michigan Wolverines, and the Bears' throwback. I'd even be fine with older franchises rocking plain helmets with stripes like the Browns because it works for classic teams with classic looks. Modern teams can get away with non-logo imagery (like the Vikings or Eagles), but unfortunately it's a lot more difficult for those teams to adopt helmets with patterns or plain sides. Those designs are mostly viewed as dated, or "throwback" looks, making it unrealistic for teams to use those helmets unless there is already precedence to do so. Makes me wish that teams would've opted for those designs around inception rather than the basic approach of slapping the team's logo on the side of the helmet. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ruttep said:

I always saw the new Chargers set as an inferior version of these, the best uniforms the Chargers have ever worn:

spacer.pngspacer.png

That looks excessive to me, having TV numbers on the helmets AND sleeves. I think TV numbers should only be on the helmets if there's no room on the shoulders or sleeves.

13 minutes ago, rfraser85 said:

That looks excessive to me, having TV numbers on the helmets AND sleeves. I think TV numbers should only be on the helmets if there's no room on the shoulders or sleeves.

That's fair. You can remove the helmet numbers and my point still stands.

• Like 1

I for one am glad the Chargers 86'd all the navy out of their main set. Sure, it provides a nice little bit of contrast when present, but the whole set looks cleaner without it.

And for my $, the current primary home and away sets are among if not the best uniforms in the league.

• Like 25
  • Love 2
  • Applause 4

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

13 minutes ago, tBBP said:

I for one am glad the Chargers 86'd all the navy out of their set. Sure, it provides a nice little bit of contrast when present, but the whole set looks cleaner without it.

And for my $, the current primary home and away sets are among if not the best uniforms in the league.

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Facepalm 1

The only change I'd make to the Chargers is putting the bolt on a white background on the powder jersey like the throwbacks had. Always loved that look.

You don't even have to put the blue background on the white jersey and it still works cause then the bolt is against white on both jerseys and the helmets.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

There's always one. ..I referenced their home and away sets, playboy. (Specifically because I knew someone was gonna try that...and whaddya know.)

• Like 18

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

3 hours ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

I still love the chargers look. Gives brightness to a mostly dark colored league.

Yeah, there is something refreshing about seeing a bright, bold colored matchup like Chiefs/Chargers

spacer.png

When a lot of the league looks like this

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 22
  • Applause 7

1 hour ago, ruttep said:

Yeah, there is something refreshing about seeing a bright, bold colored matchup like Chiefs/Chargers

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Thank you. I will permit no negative Chargers talk on these boards. I love a pop of color and the Chargers certainly give us that. They are timeless and absolutely in the top 25% of NFL uniforms and should wear that look for the next 100 years. The current design is a great modernization of a classic. The way they can blend eras together with the yellow pants as an alternate is perfect, too. I can understand the dislike of the missing TV numbers,  but I think the helmet numbers fill that void perfectly fine, particularly because of how much empty space is on the helmet. I’m also a huge college football guy, so lack of TV numbers doesn’t bother me in the slightest.

• Like 12
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, ruttep said:

I always saw the new Chargers set as an inferior version of these, the best uniforms the Chargers have ever worn:

spacer.pngspacer.png

One of the faults of this set, for me anyway, is that my eyes go straight to the black numbers on the helmet that are a different font than the jersey.  Great for spotters, but not a fan of it in the overall design. 

• Like 2

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Discounting the two pointless mono alts, the Chargers current uniforms are easily top 5.  And on any given day, looking at them alongside the IMO other best uniforms in the NFL (49ers, Bears, Browns, Raiders… discounting alts for all of them, of course) the Chargers might end up at the top of the list.  

With this latest uniform, the Chargers did pretty much exactly what the vast majority of us were hoping.   Some people are just never satisfied I guess.  

• Like 24
  • Love 1
  • Applause 3

14 hours ago, ruttep said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Players think black/navy blue somehow "intimidates" the other opponent, which makes no sense (even if it were true) when the other team is doing the exact same thing.

• Like 6