2024 NFL Changes

3 minutes ago, rfraser85 said:

One other problem. We've seen countless posts on sites like this complaining about players doing something non-standard with their uniforms. While this may serve a function, it also risks opening Pandora's box for other changes.

I don't follow. Instituting a league-wide rule requiring punters and kickers to wear different-colored uniforms isn't anything like players pushing the limits of accessorizing.  I can't imagine how one would lead to the other. 

• Like 1

Better than I was expecting considering the "4 Unique Designs" claim. Pants look like they have some sort of stripe since you can see some white at the very bottom, unless it's similar to the Jags dash of color on the back of their unis.

4 minutes ago, RedSeaHeath said:

Number font seems alright, but is it just me or do the horns feel like they're facing the wrong way?

No, bulls horns typically point forward (charging)

• Like 2

Texans look ok. Number font is a downgrade but the whole thing could have been so much worse. Though, we need to temper our expectations because of that rumor each jersey having a different design a la the Commanders. It could still end up terrible 😂

Side note, I really hate the idea of having four unique designs. There’s no continuity and when the Commanders unveiled theirs, you could see what a dumpster fire it was. I can appreciate a historic franchise like the Giants having different designs, but the Commanders took it too far by applying three different sleeve designs (two different stripe patterns, one with logos), three different chest wordmark applications, one with gradient numbers, and a totally unrelated helmet for the alternate. There’s a balance to pull it off and they failed.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, gosioux76 said:

I don't follow. Instituting a league-wide rule requiring punters and kickers to wear different-colored uniforms isn't anything like players pushing the limits of accessorizing.  I can't imagine how one would lead to the other. 

I'm just picturing the different clash uniform elements. It's bad enough to me seeing different sock colors, so I don't think I would like seeing different jerseys for certain positions. It's likely just a personal preference.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, coborjobs2010 said:

spacer.png

Wellp, we're certainly sure to have some traction in this thread now...!

Those numbers are...a choice. But I need to see the full details if this is indeed real. I'm still seeing the trademark Nike-style opposing-corner thing if that 2 serves as evidence, but I still see enough of the Texans' soon-to-be-former number font that it's not offensive. Looking at those shoulder horns (because I'm 100% positive that's what those are), I'm curious of its just a forward-facing horn or if it's two horns and the back half is red a la the Texas state flag (not to mention the Texans' own logo).

This could be interesting if the rest of the set is as relatively tame as this...

• Like 1

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

First the Falcons ditch the red numbers and now possibly the Texans? Seems like this is done just so that it looks different than the previous uniform, but it eliminates contrast and makes the uniform too heavy on one generic color.

How many navy number, navy pant teams do we need? Already have the Titans, Seahawks, Pats, and Bears.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, aawagner011 said:

Texans look ok. Number font is a downgrade but the whole thing could have been so much worse. Though, we need to temper our expectations because of that rumor each jersey having a different design a la the Commanders. It could still end up terrible 😂

Not as long as these two aren't involved in the Texans' uniform design process...😄

spacer.png

• LOL 2

I think there is pants striping. Look at the reflection on the right side of the Cal McNair picture. You can see a horizontal red stripe and a thin white stripe. Seems similar to the Rams' yellow pants design. 

Here's which uniforms the Rams will wear against the Cardinals on Monday -  Yahoo Sports

• Like 2

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

Definitely a downgrade but not by as much as I was fearing. Will need to see all angles and the full set obviously but I think I can live with this. 

White sox on the road (will likely be worn on home too but let’s ignore that for now) is an upgrade over blue, but not as much as red would be. 

• Like 4

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

It's a downgrade but not as bad as I thought. I will heavily red number especially my eyes were drawn to the red numbers of the original. Hopefully the number font is the one constant...

Pleasehavebattleredprimary!Pleasehavebattleredprimary!Pleasehavebattleredprimary!Pleasehavebattleredprimary!Pleasehavebattleredprimary!Pleasehavebattleredprimary!Pleasehavebattleredprimary!Pleasehavebattleredprimary!Pleasehavebattleredprimary!Pleasehavebattleredprimary!Pleasehavebattleredprimary!Pleasehavebattleredprimary!

• Like 2