2024 NFL Changes

So they've switched from navy slob shirts to white ones.

Probably time for Texans to have they own thread.

• Like 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

3 hours ago, sluggish_edgeboy said:

It's fine, but I sure wish they kept the red numbers. It helped them stand out from the Bills, Patriots, Broncos, Bears, and whatnot. More red is IMO what the team badly needs, and I'm surprised they didn't go with a red helmet, which seemed to have a lot of momentum.

I am pro-Dark Navy for the Texans.  I may be in the minority but I strongly dislike their Red helmet & uniforms.  Red, in this case, makes a great accent color to the Dark Navy, but as a primary, Dark Navy doesn't do anything for the Red as an accent.

I had hoped they'd drop the helmet for the White version, though.   Using a Dark Navy facemask would've made it unique to the league, and it could've been swapped out with a Red facemask for an Oilers-tribute alt.

s-l1600.jpg

riddell-houston-texans-flat-white-altern

I still think the Dark Navy helmet would benefit from a stripe.

• Hurl 1

Even though this is just one uniform, Houston had the best chance at emphasizing red over blue in an already blue heavy division and very clearly is deciding to do the opposite. 

I don’t expect the red to be used anymore than the last set.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, HOOVER said:

I am pro-Dark Navy for the Texans.  I may be in the minority but I strongly dislike their Red helmet & uniforms.  Red, in this case, makes a great accent color to the Dark Navy, but as a primary, Dark Navy doesn't do anything for the Red as an accent.

I had hoped they'd drop the helmet for the White version, though.   Using a Dark Navy facemask would've made it unique to the league, and it could've been swapped out with a Red facemask for an Oilers-tribute alt.

s-l1600.jpg

Both of these helmets desperately need stripes.

Interested to see the two Texans’ alternate helmets, one of which has a much higher MSRP than the other (due to paint and/or decal costs)

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

11 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

I hate stupid sublimated patterns inside numbers.

It’s just the perforation, not a patter. I prefer solid twill, but this is fortunately not a pattern. It does appear to me that the red outline might have some shine or texture to it. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, JustABallCoach said:

It’s just the perforation, not a patter. I prefer solid twill, but this is fortunately not a pattern. It does appear to me that the red outline might have some shine or texture to it. 

For me, this is clearly a stylistic design choice. 90% of the league uses solid twill. The perforations do not go to the edge of the material and are an inset design to give the number an effect or depth, if you will. It’s clearly a style choice and not born out of necessity like old mesh jerseys. I think Nike is trying to force design into the numerals because they realize jersey real estate is shrinking. We have seen them do this on the more extreme end (Seahawks pattern, Rams gradient, Commanders gradient on away) to the more subtle (Cardinals perforations, Commanders perforations + stencil font).

They're not bad. I was expecting a lot worse. They should have stuck with red numbers though.

I know at least one uniform on this set is going to be terrible. And I bet the Nike logo on the navy jersey will be oiler blue so they can use that in an alternate.

18 minutes ago, JustABallCoach said:

it’s a pattern. If it was just perforations, they’d fill the whole number. Instead they’re just in the middle. It’s a very basic pattern, but an intentional design choice nonetheless. 

• Like 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 hour ago, HOOVER said:

s-l1600.jpg

I wish the Houston Texans would go to the white helmet shell with the bull head logo and red facemask as their primary helmet design on a permanent basis.

• Like 1
  • Hurl 1
  • Dislike 3

Still need to see the others, overall it looks like a lateral move but from what I've seen I do NOT like that number font. It looks like someone is trying to draw it from memory and can't remember which direction the serifs and edges are supposed to go. 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

Oof… that striping is certainly a choice. I’d also be willing to bet the pants are stripe-less

I dig the number font.

That looks like a minor league uniform or an XFL uniform.

It looks............................. don't know. I just do not know anymore.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JustABallCoach said:

Can any of our color experts speak to this?

WAIT A MINUTE! THE TEXANS WAS USING MIDNIGHT BLUE SINCE 2002 AND NEVER CHANGED THAT AT ALL. THEY STILL WORE MIDNIGHT BLUE ALL THROUGH 2002-2023!!!! GEEZUS!

Not too much of an upgrade, not a downgrade either. Texans brand is pretty boring as is, and sure the horn sleeves and the number color swap are upgrades, but something just feels kinda "meh" about their brand still.

• Like 2

59d079d580ab2_SL.netbannercopy.gif.b34a0491e0c5e4344fa6fc764ec2043e.gif

NYC x STL

13 minutes ago, Silver_Star said:

Oh dear god! No pants stripe? Oh god! I am done with this crap!

I thought they were stripe-less too but the article on the main page points at the reflection that shows a large red stripe and small white stripe on the pants. I hated these when I thought no stripe but now I think it's a small downgrade instead. 

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, mattr1198 said:

Not too much of an upgrade, not a downgrade either. Texans brand is pretty boring as is, and sure the horn sleeves and the number color swap are upgrades, but something just feels kinda "meh" about their brand still.

Boring, and no flair. Plus the color combo just makes it look even stale than before.