2024 NFL Changes

On 6/20/2024 at 11:14 AM, HOOVER said:

Respectfully disagree.  Baltimore's uniforms have aged.  It's a dated look, primarily due to the font and helmet stripe.

They don't need wholesale changes.  They could change 3 things and be fine:  the aforementioned helmet stripe & number font,  plus the helmet finish.  

It never helps that they wear the worst combinations most of the time; getting rid of the black jersey and pants would go a long way towards a final fix.

I'd actually welcome those 3 changes, even though none of them really bother me. Honestly I hardly ever notice the helmet stripes. I can definitely understand how some people see them as dated, but somehow it all still works for me. It's got the perfect amount of flair while still being completely inoffensive.  They have the best all-black alternate in the league, and I hope they keep it. If I could change one thing it might be to update the logo just a bit, for the sole purpose of fixing the backward B situation.

9 minutes ago, HopewellJones said:

Ravens just another example of a team using gold as the Saints should. 

Using it as an accent color and not wearing gold pants? I disagree.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

I don’t think there are any uniform “never gonna happens” left, to be honest.  I suspect the Raiders primary home and roads are about as untouchable as a uniform can be in this day and age.  But the Raiders bringing out an alternate within a year or two?  You can probably put money on that happening.  

A silver jersey with black numbers and the same plain styling wouldn’t be the worst thing in the world. I think it even used to be available as an alt on Madden back in the aughts.  

However, if they do some dumb “Vegas Nights” crap with neon stripes, that would be catastrophic. In fact, I suspect Al Davis would come back as a zombie and strangle Goodell, and then attempt to eat the hole where his brain should be. 

1 hour ago, ruttep said:

Good comparison images for the old and new Texans uniforms

not sure if this is unpopular or not, but I actually prefer the new navy compared to the older shade.

• Like 2

spacer.png

21 hours ago, HOOVER said:

Yes, the Falcons font is dog:censored:.  But the Texans and Donkeys upgraded, without question.

Wait, wait, wait.  You and I are in complete agreement on the Ravens' creaky font, and then you follow it up with this?  The Texans new font is an upgrade??  An upgrade to what, hieroglyphics? 😆

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 3

59 minutes ago, ruttep said:

Using it as an accent color and not wearing gold pants? I disagree.

I'm just talking about the shade and material. 

42 minutes ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

Do you Reddit? Because the sub r/confidentlyincorrect has a seat waiting with your name on it

You don't think that shade of gold would be better for them than the washed out shade they have now?

7 hours ago, rfraser85 said:

I think it’s the drop shadow. The black and purple somewhat blend, so the numbers maintain their shape on those jerseys. The Eagles have a similar issue. But the Buccaneers, who use a two-tone border, maintain the number shape on both primary jerseys.

I LOVE the Bucs’ two-tone number outlines, and was so happy to see them return. 

7 hours ago, YelichGraphics said:

It's really interesting as someone who works for an apparel brand that does a heavy amount of throwback merchandise 90s have been way back. And you are right on the money on the 25 year cycle. What causes that trend is the kids of that generation start to make adult money and want to buy stuff that they thought was cool from their childhood. If you asked me 10 years ago about the 90s era in sports I would say it was loud and very expressive but I don't know if I would be clamoring to have any of those identities back full time. Now especially in the NHL we are seeing a resurgence back into that era especially after the past 5 years of heavy minimalistic sports design.

Which brings me to my fear of the 25 year trend for the next 10 years because I really feel like the early 2000s might be the worst professional sports have ever looked.

Amen to that! I was a teen in the early aughts and I can’t think of a single uniform change from 2000-04 that I considered an improvement. I remember how shocked I was when the Chargers brought back powder blue full-time as (mostly) a trim color in 2007 because I couldn’t recall the last time a team had ADDED a bright color rather than subtracting one. 

3 hours ago, HopewellJones said:

Ravens just another example of a team using gold as the Saints should. 

There you go. See, that is why I purely like how the Jaguars and Ravens used the gold color and used the CORRECT SHADE! Unlike the Saints. Tom Benson must hate the vivid gold type colors the Jaguars and Ravens use.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Wait, wait, wait.  You and I are in complete agreement on the Ravens' creaky font, and then you follow it up with this?  The Texans new font is an upgrade??  An upgrade to what, hieroglyphics? 😆

I'll give you 'till Week 8.  It's going to grow on you!

• LOL 2
  • Huh? 1

1 hour ago, Silver_Star said:

There you go. See, that is why I purely like how the Jaguars and Ravens used the gold color and used the CORRECT SHADE! Unlike the Saints. Tom Benson must hate the vivid gold type colors the Jaguars and Ravens use.

Or the galaxy brains over at Nike still aren’t sure how to make pants in those shades. Or helmets for that matter. 

2 hours ago, Silver_Star said:

Nike doesn't make the helmets though. That is the problem.

I don’t know if Nike and the helmet makers collaborate on colors, but if not they should. If all parties tell the NFL that they can’t make the colors match, maybe the mismatches can get stopped before they start. Or maybe this is why we’re seeing so many all black or white uniforms.