2024 NFL Changes

10 hours ago, henburg said:

That full body Jaguar on the sleeves will always be one of the coolest sleeve logos in NFL history. This uniform is also the perfect color balance for the Jaguars, such a good balance of gold, teal, and black that they haven't managed to get right really since.

spacer.png

I like that NFL teams CAN make good uniforms but choose not to make them primaries for the most part. 

XM4KeeA.png

2 hours ago, VikWings said:

They wore it against the Vikings in 2015 as well.

I believe this was the first time the Vikings wore all-white with 2013 set in a regular season game too.

150914_Vikings_49ers0809_bay116.jpg

Look at how those socks have purple on them! See that, Vikings?

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Lumbergh said:

Very happy to see this, but why is the sleeve stripe white? Isn't it supposed to be gold?

It looks like there’s a thin gold stripe in the middle of the white. So white-gold-white sleeve stripe and then for some reason a black sleeve cap. 

19 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

It looks like there’s a thin gold stripe in the middle of the white. So white-gold-white sleeve stripe and then for some reason a black sleeve cap. 

After zooming in closer, there seems to be no thin gold. These are white stripes. The original had gold stripes and black cuffs, these obviously are slightly different, or, someone made a mistake.

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Huh? 1

14 hours ago, Newfie said:

Oh, the 1999 sets. This had to be the 1999 set. The 1998 one is just like this, but on the box of the reveal video says 1999. So this was the time when they murdered the Miami Dolphins in the playoffs 62-7.

On 7/12/2024 at 4:20 PM, DCarp1231 said:

Now that Washington has gold pants again, Twitter photoshop bros have done the dumbest thing possible and created the Dollar General Steelers-

spacer.png

Good god, NO!!!! Hell no! Washington Steelers!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Silver_Star said:

Oh, the 1999 sets. This had to be the 1999 set. The 1998 one is just like this, but on the box of the reveal video says 1999. So this was the time when they murdered the Miami Dolphins in the playoffs 62-7.

Good god, NO!!!! Hell no! Washington Steelers!

That's not how I'm spelling Steelers in my brain 😆

spacer.png

Last updated 8/9

19 hours ago, WSU151 said:

The old number font has personality, while the new font is pretty bland. 

The double outline of the current font has been mocked up probably 800 times on this board the last five years, something like this  - 

NFL Uniform Redesigns - Our Concept Jerseys Fix What's Broken

Oh yeah, I've posted one of these before.

Literally perfect.  The old number font is dated, but the outlines work.   

So, my vote, if they would ever change the uniforms full-time again, is to take these new throwbacks and use the new helmet logo and the current number font.  

I also really like the sleeve cuff/stripe pattern on the images above.  Those specific mock-ups are great mash-ups that would work well in real life.

• Like 2

Interesting article on Uni-Watch about the 49ers:

49ers Announce Throwback Uniform Dates | Uni Watch (uni-watch.com)

The item that got my attention was the throwback vs. Color Rush designation of the white throwback. Apparently, the white socks are the correct socks because that is considered CR, even though that uniform debuted after CR was discontinued. The Dolphins' white throwback uses the same criteria.

5 minutes ago, rfraser85 said:

Interesting article on Uni-Watch about the 49ers:

49ers Announce Throwback Uniform Dates | Uni Watch (uni-watch.com)

The item that got my attention was the throwback vs. Color Rush designation of the white throwback. Apparently, the white socks are the correct socks because that is considered CR, even though that uniform debuted after CR was discontinued. The Dolphins' white throwback uses the same criteria.

Doesn’t the Dolphins’ throwback use striped socks, though?

13 hours ago, AstroCreep said:

I like that NFL teams CAN make good uniforms but choose not to make them primaries for the most part. 

Nike doesn't want anyone else to have any good ideas, much less give credit to great designs of the past.  By keeping this an alternate, they can stubbornly insist their mediocre rebrand was the best.

The only way they'd change their minds is if the money talked loud enough and the team insisted.

• Like 1
"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

48 minutes ago, HOOVER said:

So, my vote, if they would ever change the uniforms full-time again, is to take these new throwbacks and use the new helmet logo and the current number font.  

I also really like the sleeve cuff/stripe pattern on the images above.  Those specific mock-ups are great mash-ups that would work well in real life.

So literally not perfect.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Eyeroll 1

It's where I sit.

1 hour ago, HOOVER said:

The current number font is so generic though. You could literally slap it on 20 teams and it'd still work. 

The old font was uniquely Jaguars. 

• Like 3

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

On 7/16/2024 at 3:53 PM, rfraser85 said:

This may be unpopular, but I wonder if the Eagles should consider making the black helmet the primary. It should look okay with their main three jerseys, and maybe it would encourage them to wear the black socks full-time again. If the midnight green socks aren't coming back, and the Eagles insist on staying with their current colors, this could be a better option than having three helmets.

I know most of this forum is tired of all the black accessories, but if black helmets meant no more white socks, I'd consider that to be an improvement.

I feel like the Eagles have become a black/white team with a little bit of desaturated dark teal here and there. Don't encourage them further.

• Applause 1

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫