2024 NFL Changes

18 hours ago, spartacat_12 said:

spacer.png

No, whoever was responsible was likely elevated into a supervisory position.

A conspiracy theorist would believe that EA has a mole on this board, and that they plan these things just to make us blow a gasket. ..

EA EMPLOYEE: Hey boss! I've got a great idea...let's pair the Bears' throwback jersey with orange pants and the alternate orange helmet and see those Chris Creamer goofballs LOSE THEIR MINDS!!

BOSS: Make it so.

22 hours ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

We can do better. The teal flecked helmet from the 2009-2012 design gives a good vision of what teal lid paired with a black jersey would give you.

155847347.0.jpg

We should be more brand specific...Aquafresh Jaguars.

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

37 minutes ago, PurpleHayes said:

No, whoever was responsible was likely elevated into a supervisory position.

A conspiracy theorist would believe that EA has a mole on this board, and that they plan these things just to make us blow a gasket. ..

EA EMPLOYEE: Hey boss! I've got a great idea...let's pair the Bears' throwback jersey with orange pants and the alternate orange helmet and see those Chris Creamer goofballs LOSE THEIR MINDS!!

BOSS: Make it so.

Their boss is Jean-Luc Picard?!

2 hours ago, McCall said:

To the best of my knowledge, the Jacksonville Dolphins haven't made the jump from FCS to the NFL.

Quite the opposite actually, their football program ceased to exist after 2019.

• LOL 2

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

3 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

Washington’s 1965 prototype helmet. I don’t think this has ever been seen or posted here.

GTscgGMWkAAX2nH?format=jpg&name=medium
GTsc1iXXMAAK_F5?format=jpg&name=large

Forget the old name - just give me that helmet color to replace the burgundy, and metallic gold to replace the yellow, and modify that helmet design into one that can jibe with the name Warthogs, and give it a white facemask. Boom: bold, striking color scheme (which also isn’t what most people associate with the old name, even though they did wear those colors for a little while with it), unique name, cool helmet design, merchandising and branding options galore. 

• Like 2

I think at this point it's flying a little too close to the Eagles design, but had they gone with the nickname that was an homage to the Red Tails, they could have modified it into more of a fighter-plane design and it would have tied in the (never-know-about-until-today) past with the present.

• Like 8

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

13 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

Forget the old name - just give me that helmet color to replace the burgundy, and metallic gold to replace the yellow, and modify that helmet design into one that can jibe with the name Warthogs, and give it a white facemask. Boom: bold, striking color scheme (which also isn’t what most people associate with the old name, even though they did wear those colors for a little while with it), unique name, cool helmet design, merchandising and branding options galore. 

Reminds me a lot of these, which coincidentally are what Washington wound up using in 1965.

IMG_5583.JPG.e00ec99b4563668dd75b04fa12f

61b58cd67c66582070235a61ef62366e23acdb23

That deep marron paired with a metallic gold is such a satisfying scheme.

• Like 13
  • Love 1

14 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

So, like, make it a snout with wings? 

When Washington busted those uniforms out in 2002, I remember just assuming they were an updated uniform because the shift to a darker colorway was in lock-step with what so many other teams were doing at the time. 

It was a few years later when I learned those were pseudo-throwbacks.  

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, ruttep said:

When did the 00s Niners play against 00s Washington on artificial turf? Or indoors for that matter?

2002 preseason in Japan

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
  • WOAH 2

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

2 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

Man, all we ask for is red socks

GT1AlEGWgAA4yaY?format=jpg&name=large

Annoying that they debuted this with white socks but are immediately going for the yoga pants look. I wouldn't be shocked if we get yoga pants in almost every game this season for them.

Texans at Pats this year might have 6/8 of the uniform elements being navy blue, with only the white Texans jerseys and silver Pats helmet breaking it up.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1