College Football - 2024

Rixaroo

14 hours ago, SSmith48 said:

Is the idea behind these ridiculously cool? Heck yeah! Will these be remotely practical? Definitely not. It all just kinda reminds me of all the people getting on CFB25 Teambuilder and picking chrome-finished numbers just because they "look cool".

Fortunately, they aren't able to use as garish a font as that one. Nothing about that uniform says Yankee Stadium to me. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Over on DSG, in addition to the Nebraska and Arizona State unis,

These are the newest adidas jerseys to hit the site for Miami, Louisville (white), NC State (looks like all are a new throwback program). Louisville's white jersey is listed as a Jeff Brohm jersey FWIW.  The ASU maroon and white jerseys may just be fashion.  

adidas Men's Miami Hurricanes Orange Replica Football Jerseyadidas Men's Louisville Cardinals Jeff Brohm #11 White Replica Football Jerseyadidas Men's NC State Wolfpack Red Replica Football Jerseyadidas Men's Arizona State Sun Devils Pat Tillman #42 White Replica Football Jersey

And not for nothing...but adidas has a new replica jersey template this year which features full sleeve stripes.

The 2023-and-before template had a vertical seam on the sleeves which created truncated sleeve stripes and looked cheap and awful

#7 Nebraska Huskers adidas Memorial Stadium 100th Anniversary Premier Football Jersey - Scarlet

The 2024 template is noticeable with the new jerseys above plus Texas Tech's

#23 Texas Tech Red Raiders adidas Alternate Premier Football Jersey – Black

• Like 5

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 hour ago, Rygi13 said:

New Nebraska retail uniform also on Scheels.
iamXbgc.png

Although these are mesh which I think Adidas typically reserves for "fashion uniforms" that don't see the field.

In this case, it doesn't look like it'll be an actual on-field uniform, but rather a tribute to Frank Solich

• Like 3
  • Dislike 1
  • Sad 2

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

Clarendon is the shorthand used to refer to those numbers, anyway. Here's an example of Clarendon:

spacer.png

And then those number sets (which differ between Nebraska's and UCLA's iterations) look roughly like this:

spacer.png

Ohio State has previously used an iteration of this set of numbers as well:

spacer.png

• Like 3

That’s upsetting that those Nebraska jerseys aren’t the alt. We wore them as 1962 throwbacks for the 300th consecutive sellout back in 2009, and I would love to see us run it back for the 400th this year. 

IMG-8787.jpg

• Like 3

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

2 minutes ago, Germanshepherd said:

That’s upsetting that those Nebraska jerseys aren’t the alt. We wore them as 1962 throwbacks for the 300th consecutive sellout back in 2009, and I would love to see us run it back for the 400th this year. 

IMG-8787.jpg

As far as throwback/alternate options go, this would be a nice change of pace from the kinda similar looks we've seen over the past couple years. Unfortunately, Husker nation seems to have 2 very vocal groups when it comes to uniforms: those who want Adidas gone because they're too boring or too extreme, or those who cannot stand a change or addition beyond the classic home and away uniforms currently in the rotation. You're not going to make everyone happy. FWIW, despite the last couple of alternates being fairly underwhelming, Adidas has done a better job more recently of toeing the line between tradition and changing it up. The Blackshirts alternates were a good example of this, and from what I could tell, were fairly popular with sections of both crowds (I, on the other hand, think that the Huskers should never wear black uniforms, they are nothing but bad luck).

• Like 2

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

On 7/24/2024 at 11:28 AM, MJWalker45 said:

0070215-abgo-1280x720.jpg

these aren't terrible,  the numbers probably won't look great in any lighting. Gold that their regular pants use would look really nice. 

• Like 1

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

3 minutes ago, lahaye7 said:

these aren't terrible,  the numbers probably won't look great in any lighting. Gold that their regular pants use would look really nice. 

Gold metallic pants would work well too. 

• Like 3

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 hour ago, jerrylawless3 said:

Now we're talking

spacer.png

well, I mean if the foil numbers would be the same color as the regular gold pants.... but I'm here for these knickers also 

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again