College Football - 2024

Rixaroo

1 hour ago, Germanshepherd said:

Another awesome throwback set, this time from Bowling Green.  This is the only look we’ve got so far, so hopefully there’s orange helmets coming soon.

Photoshopped uni reveal is crazy. Didn't even wait to get them in hand and take new photos.

More evidence of the cyclical nature of design trends...if this ain't evidence, I don't know what is.

• Like 1

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

2 hours ago, Rygi13 said:

The cynic in me thinks Nike is doing simple designs to save money.

I mean these are a bit more busy than say Baylors prior set that was just green/yellow/white jersey with colored numbers.

it would be nice to see some without stripes (which I’m sure there may be) but they at least look nice in all the applications so far.

• Like 2

On 6/11/2024 at 6:33 PM, Rygi13 said:

You might be right, but I also think they've gotten lazy and complacent because of how little competition there is in the college sports apparel space anymore. As much as people applaud the return of classic looks, the majority of them come out looking like cheap catalog orders with no attention to detail. It also feels like an overcorrection with good modern looks being thrown out because of the backlash towards the bad ones.

• Like 5
  • Applause 2

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

On 6/11/2024 at 5:33 PM, Rygi13 said:

It's cheaper to keep the old designs. This is the coaches changing teams to meet their ideas of what a uniform should look like. 

On 6/11/2024 at 4:23 PM, Rygi13 said:

Photoshopped uni reveal is crazy. Didn't even wait to get them in hand and take new photos.

Depending on when they decided to order them, they probably aren't ready and won't be until late July. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

UNLV with updated uniforms for 2024. White numbers this year instead of gray, and sleeve stripes replace the sleeve numbers. Nice unis but not a huge upgrade. 

• Like 4
  • Hurl 1
  • Dislike 1
  • Facepalm 1

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

They’re not incredible but these are a massive upgrade. 

The dark silver numbers on red were unreadable and the stripeless design was boring as sin.  Hopefully the silver numbers on white turn to red too. 

• Like 4

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

Conference names with numbers indicating the number of teams they have is no longer sustainable given the current landscape of college football and I would be a fan of a change. But oof, I'm not a fan of that.

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, Germanshepherd said:

Everything will continue to get worse forever 

This sucks…though there could be clever names, this continues the :censored:ification of college sports. 

I dont see an ROI for Allstate on something like this because the average college sports viewer already sees like 97,000 Allstate commercials every fall weekend. 

• Like 6

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

21 hours ago, WSU151 said:

UNLV with updated uniforms for 2024. White numbers this year instead of gray, and sleeve stripes replace the sleeve numbers. Nice unis but not a huge upgrade. 

I feel like they should have swapped the stripe colors or added a black outline to the grey stripes.

• Like 2

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

7 hours ago, PrimalCookie said:

What_happened_to_the_Game_I_love.jpg

Conferences are looking at European soccer for ideas on how to make more money out of their sports teams. Now that they're no longer hiding behind the facade of amateur sports it's going to be interesting to see how they come up with more ways to get the money they denied themselves for decades. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

9 hours ago, PrimalCookie said:

What_happened_to_the_Game_I_love.jpg

Serious answer: NCAA v. Oklahoma happened. This was always the inevitable consequence of taking control of college sports away from an actual leadership board and giving it to TV networks, reorienting the entire product around ad revenue, brands and market size as a result. The only surprise is that it took 40 years for things to get this bad.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

23 hours ago, Germanshepherd said:

Honestly, I wouldn't care about this if the name is something like "Allstate Big 12 Conference", because literally no one will use the "Allstate" unless contractually obligated to (broadcasters, etc.).  Nobody calls the Rose Bowl "the Rose Bowl Game presented by Prudential" in conversation.  If they totally drop "Big 12" from the name, though, then no one will have any idea what to call it, especially once they inevitably boot Allstate for a different company that offers more money.  It's the same reason why nobody knows what to call NASCAR's second-tier series or certain bowl games because they just rotate corporate sponsors without having an actual name to latch onto.

• Like 5

"It is better to have fought and lost than to not have fought at all."