College Football - 2024

Rixaroo

4 hours ago, burgundy said:

The use of Michigan State's numbers reeks of "mid-major catalogue order", but otherwise they look nice.

It is not the Michigan State font. The Spartans use a shorter, squatter font that has notches whereas the Purdue font is much taller with no notches.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 8
  • Applause 1

Purdue has long used a proprietary font.  It was in Nike's Team catalog for years but was removed about 5 or so ago.  Nike called it "ITHACA".

GSOWm5ubIAALyNf?format=jpg&name=large

https://fonts2u.com/nike-ithaca.font 

The new uniforms are an improvement.   My last comments were obtuse; there's not much you can do to make Black/Vegas Gold/White uniforms all that different from everyone else who uses the color scheme.   

At least the trend is moving off of "train tracks" and back to "traditional".

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, HOOVER said:

Purdue has long used a proprietary font.  It was in Nike's Team catalog for years but was removed about 5 or so ago.  Nike called it "ITHACA".

GSOWm5ubIAALyNf?format=jpg&name=large

https://fonts2u.com/nike-ithaca.font 

The new uniforms are an improvement.   My last comments were obtuse; there's not much you can do to make Black/Vegas Gold/White uniforms all that different from everyone else who uses the color scheme.   

At least the trend is moving off of "train tracks" and back to "traditional".

I definitely didn't hate the train tracks. Honestly it would've been cool to see them use it on the sleeves instead of shoulders as a sleeve stripe. But could've looked wonky I'm sure.

• Like 3

Last comment on these:  they very much look like Team Catalog order uniforms.  You can tell by the:

- smaller, lower-quality homeplate embroidery patch.
- embroidered Nike Swoosh, rather than sewn on embroidered Swoosh patch.
- BIG10 patch is a piece of twill, either sublimated or embroidered, then cut and sewn onto jersey.

- PURDUE twill wordmark looks like it was done locally, not at the factory.  On the Black jersey, it looks like it has 2 outlines...one Anthracite, one Black.  On the White jersey, it just has 1 outline.  Another indicator these were either ordered improperly or done after by a domestic twill embroiderer.  
- the kisscut stitching on the numbers looks sloppier than when done at the factory

GSOMETaWMAAJMud?format=jpg&name=large

GSOMEUAagAIRUij?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • WOAH 1

4 minutes ago, WBeltz said:

I definitely didn't hate the train tracks. Honestly it would've been cool to see them use it on the sleeves instead of shoulders as a sleeve stripe. But could've looked wonky I'm sure.

The train tracks on the helmet were stupid and gimmicky, but whatever the printed tonal shoulder design was at least made them immediately identifiable.   It began to look quite dated, but it was different.

1 hour ago, Germanshepherd said:

New Virginia Tech uniforms leaked early in this video. 

Basically the Vick era ones with the modern font. 

IMG-8663.jpg

VT was supposed to release them tomorrow, and ended up posting a look at them since they got leaked. Exactly what I was hoping for!

• Like 10
  • Love 2
  • Meh 1
  • Yawn 1

Could do without the stone pattern in the numbers, but Virginia Tech looks solid.

Could also do without the white helmets 🤷🏾‍♂️

• Like 9

Hotter Than July > Thriller

6 hours ago, YelichGraphics said:

I can't tell if some of you all hate custom fonts or hate generic block fonts. Seems to change every week

I’m a Miami fan. As soon as they go block, I miss dade. When they have dade, I long for block. Does it make sense? Absolutely and absolutely not at the same time. 😂

• Like 4
KISSwall09.jpg

4 hours ago, shstpt1 said:

VT was supposed to release them tomorrow, and ended up posting a look at them since they got leaked. Exactly what I was hoping for!

Cant stand that the sleeve numbers are different.  Hate it.

• Like 3
  • Dislike 5

On 7/11/2024 at 10:23 PM, HOOVER said:

Last comment on these:  they very much look like Team Catalog order uniforms.  You can tell by the:

- smaller, lower-quality homeplate embroidery patch.
- embroidered Nike Swoosh, rather than sewn on embroidered Swoosh patch.
- BIG10 patch is a piece of twill, either sublimated or embroidered, then cut and sewn onto jersey.

- PURDUE twill wordmark looks like it was done locally, not at the factory.  On the Black jersey, it looks like it has 2 outlines...one Anthracite, one Black.  On the White jersey, it just has 1 outline.  Another indicator these were either ordered improperly or done after by a domestic twill embroiderer.  
- the kisscut stitching on the numbers looks sloppier than when done at the factory

GSOMETaWMAAJMud?format=jpg&name=large

GSOMEUAagAIRUij?format=jpg&name=large

For those juggling studies and sports, it’s essential to manage your time well. If you need help balancing your workload, especially with big projects, you can always use this https://essays.edubirdie.com/write-my-dissertation service to assist with writing your dissertation. Balancing both academics and athletics can be challenging, but with the right resources, it's manageable.

These jerseys definitely look like they came from a Team Catalog order. The smaller homeplate embroidery patch and the embroidered Nike Swoosh instead of a sewn-on patch are dead giveaways. The BIG10 patch also looks like a cheaper piece of twill rather than high-quality embroidery.

The differences in the PURDUE twill wordmark between the black and white jerseys are telling. The two outlines on the black jersey and the single outline on the white one suggest they were likely done locally and not at the factory. Plus, the kisscut stitching on the numbers does seem sloppier compared to factory standards.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Janet_Jones said:

These jerseys definitely look like they came from a Team Catalog order. The smaller homeplate embroidery patch and the embroidered Nike Swoosh instead of a sewn-on patch are dead giveaways. The BIG10 patch also looks like a cheaper piece of twill rather than high-quality embroidery.

The differences in the PURDUE twill wordmark between the black and white jerseys are telling. The two outlines on the black jersey and the single outline on the white one suggest they were likely done locally and not at the factory. Plus, the kisscut stitching on the numbers does seem sloppier compared to factory standards.

There is a company based out of New York called ProJerseys Inc. that does a lot of uniform adornment for teams like Western Kentucky, Army, James Madison, UCF... I wonder if maybe Purdue used them. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, HOOVER said:

Cant stand that the sleeve numbers are different.  Hate it.

That's fine different opinions are welcome.

While I agree that matching numbers are a general rule, like all uniform rules, if you break in the right way I think it can be terrific.

Here, the contrasting sleeve numbers are adding a burst of orange color to an otherwise unadorned jersey. There are other ways to get a little orange into the design but this is an interesting way of doing while still leaving the jersey itself a numbers only affair.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, shstpt1 said:

Man, no disrespect to VT fans, but I have never seen people get so excited about uniforms this boring.

TV numbers are a plus, but I really, REALLY don't like double-outline; and while I get the idea behind the contrasting sleeve numbers, it just looks annoying in practice.  At least the maroon helmets look good.

• Like 1

"The guns have fallen silent.  The stars have aligned.  The great wait is over.  Come see.  It will not be televised."

New Oregon State unis...a mixtape of sorts IMO as the white helmets are nod to the early 90s, the black helmets a nod to the late 90s...

• Like 1
  • Yawn 1

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.