College Football - 2024

Rixaroo

2 hours ago, nuordr said:

New uniforms for the Liberty Flames: 

Okay, I'll admit, these are pretty boring.  At least they're not a disaster.

Also, this might be the worst hype video I've ever seen.  The music starts by assaulting my ears, half the footage was quite clearly slowed down in post for some reason, and then the whole thing just cuts off abruptly at the end.

• Like 6

"The guns have fallen silent.  The stars have aligned.  The great wait is over.  Come see.  It will not be televised."

4 minutes ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

😍😍😍

They've managed to make it simple and gaudy at the same time. It's fine. Far from the worst they've worn for the Shamrock series, but those numbers will be hard to read on the field. I do appreciate that they've stopped messing with the helmet for the special uniforms, so there's that. I'm not sure if that's Freeman's doing, but it certainly lines up.

• Like 2

spacer.png

13 minutes ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

😍😍😍

Eh, I don't know about these.  The blue-gray might just end up looking washed out, and the numbers will be impossible to read.  If they weren't as reflective, it'd be an improvement, but only a minor one.  At least they didn't desecrate the helmet.

By the way, does anyone know if the green jerseys will be returning?  They're in the EA Sports game, but is it confirmed that they'll actually wear them?

"The guns have fallen silent.  The stars have aligned.  The great wait is over.  Come see.  It will not be televised."

1 hour ago, Danny the Sheeb said:

By the way, does anyone know if the green jerseys will be returning?  They're in the EA Sports game, but is it confirmed that they'll actually wear them?

ND hasn't announced a green game yet, but I'd venture Louisville is the most likely opponent. The "Irish Wear Green" game for the fans has always been in the first half of the year (it pretty much has to be for climate reasons), and in September every year except 2019 (USC). The schedule is pretty similar to 2022 — when they started wearing matching green on the field — where ND wore green early against Cal, despite a November night game against Clemson (ND hosts Florida State this year at night on 11/9).

If they follow those trends, it pretty much leaves just Louisville and Stanford as options, and Louisville both is expected to be a bigger game + is on a September date.

53 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Did I miss it or has anyone seen the new ND road jersey?  With no outline on the sleeve logo I can’t picture it on the white?  Plain gold, plain navy, or still with the previous outline?

I believe the white and green jerseys are unchanged from last year (based on what's in CFB25). Wouldn't shock me if ND wore white pants with the green jerseys this time around, given how frequently we've seen that look in recruiting pictures (though everything with those should be taken with a grain of salt).

6fQjS3M.png

4 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Climate reasons ?

Im gonna need some more info.  

it gets pretty hot in south bend, Indiana during the early half of the season? that's my guess

2483115_nxeosjolm2c981k_full.jpeg

2 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Climate reasons ?

Once everyone starts wearing jackets and coats, good luck getting ND fans to wear color appropriate team gear. Until the last 10 years or so it was hard enough to get people to wear team color T-shirts or polos to games. And then there's the stubborn contingent of fans that always say, "Notre Dame's colors are Blue and Gold! Not Green!", despite green being used for over 100 years. But those people seem to be dying off.

2 hours ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

Damn, I was hoping for the metallic gold on the white jersey too.

I believe the gold outlines are metallic, like the blue jersey.

• Like 2

spacer.png

1 hour ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Climate reasons ?

It was 27° at kickoff the last time ND hosted Florida State in 2018 for a November night game. Not too many green winter coats out there in peoples' closets!

(The Irish Wear Green thing is primarily a "green out" initiative for fans that they've started actually matching on the field the last couple years, not the other way around.)

• Like 3

6fQjS3M.png

Just now, damnyoutuesday said:

This is what UCF is trying and failing to do. I actually kind like these in a "gaudy yet memorable" type of way. Almost like "Turn Ahead the Clock" for football

I wouldn't put these above anything UCF did. I wouldn't rate these above FAU or FIU either. 

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 hour ago, crashcarson15 said:

It was 27° at kickoff the last time ND hosted Florida State in 2018 for a November night game. Not too many green winter coats out there in peoples' closets!

Especially Kelly Green. I had a hard enough time finding a Kelly Green rain jacket last year (which I ended up not even needing on game day).

spacer.png

6 hours ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

😍😍😍

Is the idea behind these ridiculously cool? Heck yeah! Will these be remotely practical? Definitely not. It all just kinda reminds me of all the people getting on CFB25 Teambuilder and picking chrome-finished numbers just because they "look cool".

• Like 6

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)