College Football - 2024

Rixaroo

17 hours ago, WSU151 said:

I think it'll work fine on TV.  I'm assuming fans will be able to see some pattern from the stands but probably won't get a great look at the detail at the stadium. 

What does this even mean? 

1 hour ago, dont care said:

What does this even mean? 

You'll be able to see it clearly on the TV thanks to cameramen zoomed in on players. 

If  you're sitting in the 40th row at the stadium you'll see a stripe and maybe some fuzzy pattern but not necessarily the details of it. 

• Like 6

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

21 minutes ago, cajunaggie08 said:

Another alt from Colorado State. This is this years version of their "State Pride" look. The look too much like BYU from the front.

Love it, save for the asymmetrical helmet. Not a huge fan of the C and then STATE on the other side.

• Like 3

On 8/16/2024 at 11:25 AM, SavardToColton said:

I missed this at first but I was playing around with the Gators on CFB25 and noticed this, and behold my eyes weren't deceiving me.  Let's just say if we see these in the fall it's a small change that has long been overdue.  FWIW before the game update the orange jerseys were the older version with the mismatching stripes. 

No orange jerseys but orange pants make a return week 2 vs Samford with the regular home helmet and jersey. Hopefully we play better this time than the last time we played in this combo (2012 Sugar Bowl vs Louisville), and for the matter, better than the last time we played Samford.

---

Also, previously released Smokey Grey uniforms for Tennessee will be worn week 1 vs UT-Martin

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, kb105 said:

No orange jerseys but orange pants make a return week 2 vs Samford with the regular home helmet and jersey. Hopefully we play better this time than the last time we played in this combo (2012 Sugar Bowl vs Louisville), and for the matter, better than the last time we played Samford.

I'm kind of shocked that the plan is traditional home/road sets. I have a gut feeling Florida will introduce some "surprise" alternate during the year that they secretly planned from the start (whether it be black or throwback, like a "You all asked for it, we brought it back!" reveal). Maybe I'm wrong and this schedule holds up. 

• Like 1

Napier really hasn't strayed too far outside of the regular Blue/White at home and White/Blue on the road. When we have with the black uniforms last year and orange pants against Vandy in 2022, we lost both times in embarrassing fashion. Personally, I hated the black uniforms, mostly because regardless of what sport wears them or how good they are, we always lose in black, always. I hate the blue jersey, orange pant combo even more because of 1. the 2012 sugar bowl loss to Louisville and that being the beginning to this whole mess the program is in now and 2. it looks like Illinois/Syracuse. To sum it up, I'm happy with our regular home and road staying the same, week in and week out, with maybe a sprinkling of Spurrier-Throwbacks and an orange over white or white over orange here and there.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, WSU151 said:

I'm kind of shocked that the plan is traditional home/road sets. I have a gut feeling Florida will introduce some "surprise" alternate during the year that they secretly planned from the start (whether it be black or throwback, like a "You all asked for it, we brought it back!" reveal). Maybe I'm wrong and this schedule holds up. 

The orange jersey and throwbacks were both updated to the new template in CFB25, and the striping was fixed on the orange. I'm not sure why they'd go to that effort only to not wear either of them, especially since the orange jersey in the game was initially on the old template with the inconsistent stripes. They've kept to the schedule the past two seasons, but I suppose we'll see. Maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part.

• Like 1

ExJworW.png

3 hours ago, Green27 said:

Despite the fact that Logan might think themselves a cowtown, I don't know if this look moo-tivates me enough to like it. It's enough of a change to make me say holy cow, but other than that, I can see it getting a spotty reaction with people in general.

Sorry I've been having cow-related puns in my head since 8 am. The life of a teacher.

• Like 1
  • LOL 6

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

7 hours ago, WSU151 said:

EA is the last company I’d trust with uniforms, but in the college game, they have the option to wear blue, white, orange jerseys, pants, AND helmets as well as the ugly black set , and one throwback set (orange helmet/gray mask/UF logo and it’s blue jersey and white pants). And it’s not like they put in a throwback for many if any other teams.

KISSwall09.jpg

8 hours ago, hormone said:

EA is the last company I’d trust with uniforms, but in the college game, they have the option to wear blue, white, orange jerseys, pants, AND helmets as well as the ugly black set , and one throwback set (orange helmet/gray mask/UF logo and it’s blue jersey and white pants). And it’s not like they put in a throwback for many if any other teams.

That’s based on what the athletic department sent EA though, which may not have anything to do with this uniform schedule. 

Just now, lahaye7 said:

SEMO unis look like a bastard nike child of 2002 and 2024 

I liked the traditional striping on the sleeves, but those clavicle stripes were completely unnecessary and confusing as to who would think those were a good idea. They didn't have those last season, to the best of my knowledge, but then again, I only saw them at home (I live maybe 2 miles from campus).

• Like 2