College Football - 2024

Rixaroo

2 hours ago, Kevin W. said:

Why has Oregon suddenly shifted to such a conservative look?

Probably because of the move into the Big Ten. Every school has a pretty conservative look now.

Or possibly just because it seems to be a trend in CFB this year where schools across the board are going to more classic or traditional looks

• Like 4

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

5 minutes ago, damnyoutuesday said:

Probably because of the move into the Big Ten. Every school has a pretty conservative look now.

Or possibly just because it seems to be a trend in CFB this year where schools across the board are going to more classic or traditional looks

That and I'd say Coach Lanning is a pretty traditional guy who came up with SEC schools. And the Ducks tend to go wild and bold for a cycle and then back to a more plain approach next cycle. 

• Like 2

BannerLogos.jpg

SF4.gif

11 hours ago, tBBP said:

And as for the visual:

5d139494e156a.image.jpg

(Final score was 24-16. I'd have to review the game film/notes to see what was so embarrassing about that, but either way, them pants ain't been seen since.)

they look like washington, good thing they stopped

21 hours ago, tBBP said:

And as for the visual:

5d139494e156a.image.jpg

(Final score was 24-16. I'd have to review the game film/notes to see what was so embarrassing about that, but either way, them pants ain't been seen since.)

Kentucky went 4-7 that year, 2-6 in conference play with their only other SEC win coming against 4-6-1 South Carolina - and it's Kentucky, traditionally a basement-dweller in SEC football. LSU was ranked going into the game and there was a lot of optimism about DiNardo turning the program around.

The purple pants experiment was particularly bizarre in hindsight since DiNardo was otherwise a staunch traditionalist with the uniforms. He's the one who wore down the NCAA rules committee until they relented and allowed LSU to wear white at home again.

• Like 1

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

On 9/4/2024 at 8:02 PM, Webfooter said:

Oregon going green/green/white this weekend against Boise State.

Boise State countering with one of their best road looks. Uniform matchup will likely better than the outcome of the game 

• Like 6

AmPJ0Ty.png 

44 minutes ago, Webfooter said:

Arizona State going white/gold/gold this weekend.

I'm surprised that they brought back mustard jerseys since AFAIK historically ASU fans have hated them.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

15 hours ago, Green27 said:

I never had seen this but I audibly GASPED when I saw it. IT's so beautiful. 

11 hours ago, colinturner95 said:

Boise State countering with one of their best road looks. Uniform matchup will likely better than the outcome of the game 

I feel like they need to use the Horse on both sides again. The asymmetrical helmet trend is tiring me out.

12 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

Would love to see this again from Oregon

spacer.png

I don't hate this look per se, but put Puddles (or The Duck) on the sides of the helmet again.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, WBeltz said:

I feel like they need to use the Horse on both sides again. The asymmetrical helmet trend is tiring me out.

It's been tiring me out for the last decade.

"The guns have fallen silent.  The stars have aligned.  The great wait is over.  Come see.  It will not be televised."

6 minutes ago, Rygi13 said:

GWvzJt6W4AAIy1V?format=jpg&name=large

Is this helmet anything for Nebraska?

It was an alternate look for the Blackshirts uni's from 2019 on, but Rhule I think said he won't be using any alternates. 

• Like 4