24-25 NBA changes

DJT

I wish they would spend the  money to settle the TM issue with whoever holds "The District" trademark so that they don't have to add "of Columbia" in tiny font. The tiny letters always clutter up the design.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

What a weird time for an East Coast team to do a uniform reveal.

Anyway, this uniform isn’t great.

It is. But 202 is also DC's [primary] area code, so that's probably why they chose to do it then.

And I'm gonna guess they did that shoot sometime super early in the morning on Abe Pollin rather than on F Street, or otherwise someone surely would have seen that jersey on the street in passing. Shoot I've been past Capital One Arena several times just in the past three days and I'm surprised no one leaked this!

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

falls kind of flat for me. could probably use some more white somewhere. but that might actually be a good problem to have. because their other 2 uniforms are way too busy. i say just take this template and use it for the other 2 jerseys. itll probably look better in red and white anyways. 

my only actual complaint (which isnt their fault) is that the pistons have a watered down version of these as their statement jerseys as well.

• Like 1

I think they’re a downgrade on their previous statement uniform, I wouldn’t have minded these in white (possibly with a Washington or a different DC wordmark) for a city but the flag symbolism kind of falls flat without one of the colors. 

It’s also veeeery busy in the chest area with a “The District of Columbia” wordmark, stars, stripes, sponsors, numbers, and very plain everywhere except for one short leg. Seen from 8 o’clock they could very easily seem like a plain navy blue uniform.

• Like 1
07Giants.pngnyy.png

Lukewarm take:   Bullets stripes are the worst "classic" look and are best left as throwbacks and fauxbacks;  these new statements might be the best usage of the look.  (In contrast, Nuggets rainbows are the best and should be used more. They should swap approaches.)

Of course, the 90s Bullets look was cheap looking and even worse.  I prefer the Jordan, Arenas era Wizards colors and am not sure Wizards should be obligated to be r/w/b. They weren't even r/w/b until mid 70s.

Crazy that the same palette is awesome for the new Clippers and tricks me into seeing San Diego orange.

• Like 2

On 6/13/2024 at 5:20 AM, truepg said:

For what it's worth, I've always found the Pacers' identity dull. The most interesting thing they had going on were the pinstriped 90s–00s unis. Other than that, they have a rather dull logo they've never updated or added any more interesting elements to the package, and ever since the Paul George era uniform redesign they've used the bland Agency font on top of what used to be a generic and uninspired jersey template. The latest uniform redesign was a miss.

I’ve actually always liked the Pacers’ logo a lot, and the FloJo uniforms were a cool, unique design. What I’ve never been crazy about is the navy/yellow color scheme. I like royal/yellow much more. Of course, the era of the FloJos was also unbalanced color-wise, with only hints of yellow, thereby tying a bold, unique design to a dull color scheme. The yellow fauxbacks with the FloJo-esque stripe are really good, and a yellow-heavy redesign based on those might be the best they could possibly do with the current scheme. 

On 6/13/2024 at 2:20 AM, truepg said:

For what it's worth, I've always found the Pacers' identity dull. The most interesting thing they had going on were the pinstriped 90s–00s unis. Other than that, they have a rather dull logo they've never updated or added any more interesting elements to the package, and ever since the Paul George era uniform redesign they've used the bland Agency font on top of what used to be a generic and uninspired jersey template. The latest uniform redesign was a miss.

Kinda shocked it hasn't happened in the  anything goes city edition era, but they could get some Miami Vice level mileage out of an indy car set. Checkered flags, throw in all sorts of color schemes. Really make the unis a livery.

I like the way they incorporate the flag here but it's a little much to have on both the jersey and the shorts -- maybe one or the other would be better. Generally agree that that wordmark sucks and has outstayed its welcome, but that the overall uniform here is a slight upgrade as a remix to their current brand elements.

If they ever manage to get something promising-looking on the court (a big if) this feels like a team that's due for a big identity refresh. Preferably one that's pretty original and new. They've done some clever work in referencing old Bullets motifs and typefaces in a modern way, but also have run its course IMO.

1 hour ago, Digby said:

I like the way they incorporate the flag here but it's a little much to have on both the jersey and the shorts -- maybe one or the other would be better. Generally agree that that wordmark sucks and has outstayed its welcome, but that the overall uniform here is a slight upgrade as a remix to their current brand elements.

If they ever manage to get something promising-looking on the court (a big if) this feels like a team that's due for a big identity refresh. Preferably one that's pretty original and new. They've done some clever work in referencing old Bullets motifs and typefaces in a modern way, but also have run its course IMO.

Unlike with Utah and the Jazz, I believe Washington can actually afford to ditch the Wizards name. I don't know why they haven't yet*, as it does not seem to be very cherished here in the area, plus the team themselves apparently don't care for it. There is obviously no way they can bring back the Bullets, but something has to give.

*Granted this is the same ownership who still has the Capitals wearing Reebok Edge-esque piping and yoke (I know Adidas took over, but still).

• Like 5