24-25 NBA changes

DJT

4 hours ago, McCall said:

A few games? It feels like more than half the games feature some alternate uniform. Back in the day, a team only had home and road uniforms until they added a single alternate in the mid-90s. Now Nike has leaguewide uniform programs that look like some rejected concept by the most unqualified people from this site's Concepts forum. When you're constantly wearing uniforms, colors or designs that are not a part of your primary identity, it dilutes that identity. There's no brand recognition.

And the alternate used to be on-brand at that.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

I don't see how it destroys a team's brand when it's only worn a few games per season. The bulk of the games use the team's brand.

When I look at brands like Target, UPS, McDonald's, Amazon, I don't need them to give me gimmicky alternative colors or marks for me to recognize them. When I turn on a game and it takes 30 seconds for me to realize it's the Celtics and 76ers, two historic brands, there is a huge problem. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 1

Here's my go-to example for why I hate the current state of NBA uniforms:

A couple of years ago, I flipped on a Thunder-Suns game.  They were playing on a black-heavy Suns court.  One team was wearing a dark gray/black uniform and the other was wearing a light blue one.  I assumed the black team was Phoenix (wearing their awful "The Valley" alts) and the blue team was OKC in their "road" blues.

I was wrong.  This is what the actual matchup was:

1469364640.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1USATSI_20081103.jpg

So both teams were wearing colors that normally aren't part of their color scheme, on a court that, despite being an alternate court and having little to no purple or orange on it (if I remember correctly), didn't match the actual uniforms the Suns were wearing.

F*** Nike and the NBA.

• Like 7
  • Applause 2
  • Dislike 1

"Today, it is the money that matters.  Not honor.  Not family.  Only the money." - Lukyan Barsukov

On 10/16/2024 at 8:45 AM, pepis21 said:

Mavs really needs blue or navy on that jersey.

Suns:

GZ9a55_WEAAa_1d?format=jpg&name=large

honestly, the numbers completely ruins the jersey for me. Looks so out of place. 

and I liked “the idea” of the Raptors one, but the lack of a city or team name wordmark kill it for me. The numbers are also really bad. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, pepis21 said:

Celtics:

I truly don't mind the Celtics using black. It's been a "team" color for a while now and they use it pretty often in their alts. But this one is just so ugly. It's like the Mich. St. Uni's that shoehorned in the light green on the football uniforms.

56 minutes ago, WBeltz said:

I truly don't mind the Celtics using black. It's been a "team" color for a while now and they use it pretty often in their alts. But this one is just so ugly. It's like the Mich. St. Uni's that shoehorned in the light green on the football uniforms.

Color is fine, although I think they should stick to a single black jersey in the rotation and the Statement takes that slot for now. The issue is pairing that with this hideous lime color and typefaces that are enormously inappropriate for the Celtics. Looks more like a singlet for the Xtreme Lacrosse League.

jazz with some more shots of their new jerseys and a reveal of their new court. i have to say, although i do like the "fading mountain stripes" design that their two main rebranded jerseys have. i would have preferred if they just stuck with the classic mountain design that these two latest jerseys have right now. its just more fitting for the franchise since its the same design from the 90s. unless they wanna double down the following season and start using striped gradients on everything but its already hard when 1/3 of their main jerseys uses a different mountain design. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, bbush24 said:

We're a bunch of frogs in boiling water.

Lockervision get an update and once again showing ads on jerseys so I checked Cavs and unfortunately white patch was intentionally:

CLE_IE.jpg

On the other hand alternate has adjusted patch, so I hope they reflect on themselves and did an adjustment to away jersey too:

CLE_SE.jpg

Just like they had it in last two seasons.

4r2eer.png

10 hours ago, gradientnumbers said:

Feels like this is a tease for them bringing back the Black classics this year, also the ANTxJefferson photo has a custom Black trees alternate, seems like a lot of work to make a custom jersey for just the one photo 

Timberwolves forgot to give shoutout to @eibram for his fantastic database site, so I'll give him a shoutout.

Cavs:

Kings retro court:

SAC_CT_4.jpg

According to Lockervision Warriors won't bring back their retro court from 21/22 season, which is a huge shame. Also it look like Magic retired their alternate court key for statement uniform.

4r2eer.png

Is it just me, or is that Cliffs sponsor patch way bigger than the monochrome gold version that is still on the Cavs’ black jerseys? Obnoxious.

Side note: The Cavs are wearing their wine jerseys just 16 times this year. They’re wearing black for 22 games. In past years, that would have been reversed. I’d like to think that whoever is in charge of picking uniforms for games was so disgusted by the gaudy patch on the wine uniform, they decided to demote it in the jersey rotation.

• LOL 1

1 hour ago, CitizenTino said:

Is it just me, or is that Cliffs sponsor patch way bigger than the monochrome gold version that is still on the Cavs’ black jerseys? Obnoxious.

Side note: The Cavs are wearing their wine jerseys just 16 times this year. They’re wearing black for 22 games. In past years, that would have been reversed. I’d like to think that whoever is in charge of picking uniforms for games was so disgusted by the gaudy patch on the wine uniform, they decided to demote it in the jersey rotation.

I'm hoping the pendulum is swinging back and some degree of sanity is starting to come back to the NBA jersey scheduling. The Heat, for instance, put out a schedule where the terrible "Heat Culture" City Edition is only going to be used 6 times, and now I am seeing the Pistons only using their terrible Statement Edition 10 times according to a graphic they posted on Twitter last night. Assuming or at least hoping other teams are being treated similarly.

• Like 1

On 10/21/2024 at 4:03 AM, pepis21 said:

Celtics:

Looks like a knockoff you would find in a developing country 🤦‍♂️

Something like 🤔.........

spacer.png

🫠😵‍💫😵‍💫

• LOL 1

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here