2024 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LIX

Schedule is out so might as well get this up and running. Initial combos will be TBD unless previously announced or only one option is possible and will be updated as needed. Please give me at least 24 hours from the completion of the game or a complete uniform announcement to make any corrections as I am normally not at a computer to make changes during the game itself and I do have other things going on. This is not a prediction thread from my standpoint. If you all want to make predictions feel free. As in previous years hot links to the given weeks within the thread will be placed below once that week's combos are posted.

2024 Hall Of Fame Game
Texans vs. Bears
QipGKYL.jpgWm1MCnY.jpg

Preseason
Week 1
Week 2
Week 3

Regular Season
Week 1
Week 2
Week 3
Week 4
Week 5
Week 6
Week 7
Week 8
Week 9
Week 10
Week 11
Week 12
Week 13
Week 14
Week 15
Week 16
Week 17
Week 18

Post Season
Wild Card
Divisional
Championship
Super Bowl

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Texans wasted no time selecting their alternate jersey games for this season. It's unclear if either will be worn for again as the third alternate game. Some have speculated that the red will be worn on Christmas, but this was actually not the case the last time Houston hosted a game on Christmas in 2017.

One game that I'd say is pretty much a lock is that the Jets wear black for their Thursday night matchup on Halloween vs. Houston. 

H-Town is the worst. It's clunky to say and hear. "Houston" is much easier to say and sounds better too...which kinda defeats the entire purpose of a nickname. It isn't fewer syllables. It's not easier to pronounce. It's not Motor City or Music City or Sin City - there's nothing indicating the city's identity or culture. It's just...Houston starts with H. It's so dumb, I hate it. 

• Like 8
  • Meh 1
  • Yawn 2
  • Eyeroll 2

2 hours ago, HopewellJones said:

H-Town is the worst. It's clunky to say and hear. "Houston" is much easier to say and sounds better too...which kinda defeats the entire purpose of a nickname. It isn't fewer syllables. It's not easier to pronounce. It's not Motor City or Music City or Sin City - there's nothing indicating the city's identity or culture. It's just...Houston starts with H. It's so dumb, I hate it. 

Not defending it, but really..."H-Town" has been a thing since the late '80s. Shoot, a whole R&B group named themselves as such back in 1990! The nickname ain't devoid of culture at all.

All that said...I am also nowhere near defending the Texans' decision to roll it into their branding. The whole thing smacks to me of a/ A-class pettiness (more related to the light blue—and I still think their owner's wife is to primarily blame for that) and b/ a soft launch of NFL "city" uniforms, which I'm sure many of us don't care for. But given how many jerseys Nike contractually obligated themselves to sell, I get the profit business motive behind it. (For more on that, see the video in this thread which goes into far more detail.)

Spoiler

• Like 3

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

6 hours ago, tBBP said:

Not defending it, but really..."H-Town" has been a thing since the late '80s. Shoot, a whole R&B group named themselves as such back in 1990! The nickname ain't devoid of culture at all.

All that said...I am also nowhere near defending the Texans' decision to roll it into their branding. The whole thing smacks to me of a/ A-class pettiness (more related to the light blue—and I still think their owner's wife is to primarily blame for that) and b/ a soft launch of NFL "city" uniforms, which I'm sure many of us don't care for. But given how many jerseys Nike contractually obligated themselves to sell, I get the profit business motive behind it. (For more on that, see the video in this thread which goes into far more detail.)

Reveal hidden contents

It's just nicknames either have to have a cool factor or 'ease of use' factor. H-Town really does nothing. Hot-lanta, Sin City, Cincy, Shy-town, Motor City, Bean Town, City of Angels, Big D, Twin Cities, Believeland, Steel City, City of Brotherly Love, Mile High, etc have either. H-Town is just... two syllables, doesn't really describe anything. It's not like it's Jacksonville or Minneapolis that's being shortened into J-Town or M-Town or something, that's actually shorter even if it's bland.

• Like 3

I had just prepared my predictions for the Ravens schedule last night for when this thread would eventually go up. Here it goes.

coeldXZ.png

AmjiJMt.png?1

VQGe4rq.png

* - Substitute default helmet for alternate helmet

Other notes:

• On one hand, I could've set myself on the Ravens going with the white pants at KC on opening night. But I went with purple with the expectation that they'll want to look just as good as the Chiefs wearing that red/white as they often do.
  • From a fan's perspective, I'm glad Ravens/Cowboys is NOT a Thanksgiving game otherwise I'd miss that to fly home to Baltimore for said weekend. From a uniform variety standpoint, I don't think this is all that positive for this matchup at AT&T this year, hence why I expect the uniforms to be a repeat of the 2016 game. Of coarse, it'd be nice to see Dallas opt into the navy blue alt or '94 white throwback. If that doesn't happen, there's always a fraction of a shot in 2026. Same goes for wanting to see the 80s Giants throwbacks in December, though I expect those to be worn against an NFC East rival if still in their rotation this upcoming season.
  • The black jersey choices are mostly clear cut. Go for the "black out" in Week 4 against the Bills in white/blue. Try out the black/purple combo against the Bengals in white-tiger fashion. And last, but not least, black/white against the Steelers in a de-facto Saturday "prime time" game, despite a 2-5 record when wearing black jerseys against PIT.
  • Two of their opponents got new uniforms: Denver and Houston. When they host the Broncos, I think we'll see them debut the alternate helmet with the CR uniform making its return to contrast Denver's white/orange. As for Houston, I'm just about certain they will wear one of those alternates on Christmas against Baltimore. Regardless, I think the Ravens go all-white for their second consecutive Christmas Day game.
  • As for some of the other games, though I want white/purple vs baby blue/yellow in SoFi for the Week 12 MNF game at the Chargers, I can't see the Ravens repeating what they did in 2023. Yes, the Bolts going navy last year messed it up without question, but as I like to remember to myself, we'll never see all 17 games on a team's schedule be a certified hit, so it'll the LA Chargers getting it right this time around for me. I also really like the game vs the Commanders to see purple/black as that's my least favorite uniform and two appearances of the non-CR all-purple vs PHI and CLE respectfully.
  • I wish the forthcoming secondary helmet wasn't a thing. I was looking forward to making a prediction of all the uniform combos from helmet down to pants being used, but with the new helmet, all I can look forward to is just jerseys and pants getting paired up. Still, I went back and forth on whether that'd occur like it did in the 2021 season. Third time's the charm as they say, so I'm going for it!
  • Like 2

Ihmgl03.pngVZ6sbGD.png

Have the Ravens even announced what color their alternates will be? I would assume their jerseys are still black, but I see nothing about the helmet.

4 hours ago, Dynasty said:

Have the Ravens even announced what color their alternates will be? I would assume their jerseys are still black, but I see nothing about the helmet.

The black jersey is going to stick around for sure.  

As far as the alternate helmet, the rumour is purple.  I wonder if a new second alternate would be paired with the new alternate helmet

1 hour ago, tohasbo said:

The black jersey is going to stick around for sure.  

As far as the alternate helmet, the rumour is purple.  I wonder if a new second alternate would be paired with the new alternate helmet

I think the new helmet, if there is one, is meant to go with the Color Rush jersey. There's no reason to have a new helmet for the black jersey.

I hope the Ravens never change uniforms. I don't like the color rush. But the main uniforms are timeless classics. The purple pants were a great addition. The alternates are perfect - no gimmicks, just a color swap that isn't BFBS. Fits with the identity. Love how they don't overuse gold - it's a perfect accent color.

I fear them ever changing, especially after seeing the Broncos update. 

• Like 6
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, HopewellJones said:

I hope the Ravens never change uniforms. I don't like the color rush. But the main uniforms are timeless classics. The purple pants were a great addition. The alternates are perfect - no gimmicks, just a color swap that isn't BFBS. Fits with the identity. Love how they don't overuse gold - it's a perfect accent color.

I fear them ever changing, especially after seeing the Broncos update. 

I agree—with the difference that I find myself actually liking the Ravens' color rush uniforms (for some reason). But yes, aside from removing that dropshadow (and maybe changing it to a thick outer keyline a la Tampa Bay), I too hope the Ravens never change their uniforms. (Logo? Sure. But not the uniforms.)

That includes their number font. IT...IS...PERFECTLY...FINE.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

4 minutes ago, tBBP said:

I agree—with the difference that I find myself actually liking the Ravens' color rush uniforms (for some reason). But yes, aside from removing that dropshadow (and maybe changing it to a thick outer keyline a la Tampa Bay), I too hope the Ravens never change their uniforms. (Logo? Sure. But not the uniforms.)

That includes their number font. IT...IS...PERFECTLY...FINE.

The only change I would make is to add stripes to the black pants

• Like 4

qqsnye7igxo8ec46p6i8.gif8w1hgru5dzdypj7inln83daen.giffh4wdzfefsmfcaxut0absohlk.giffie6s5apghfbj7vtla8v.gif

1 hour ago, thisguyphelps said:

The only change I would make is to add stripes to the black pants

Good point; forgot about that. (Though I also feel the Ravens could 86 the black pants altogether and lose nothing.)

• Like 5

Since this is the part of the offseason where there's little news regarding uniform changes and schedules, I'll share my predictions for the Seahawks. I tried to make it somewhat realistic but I know most of this will be wrong. Bears might wear orange, seattle will definitely wear white/navy more than 3 times, rams might do blue pants on the road, SF will likely wear primary home jerseys, GB could wear the all-white uniforms with their new alternate helmet, Miami and Minnesota could likely wear white pants

(images might not be working I’m trying to figure that out rn)

spacer.pngspacer.pngScreenshot-2024-05-24-at-6-12-31-PM.pngspacer.png

• Like 1

🤬 it, since it's that time of year I'll share my annual Bucs predictions too. But since a graphic designer, I amn't, you get a chunk of text:

Week 1- vs Washingtons -- white/white

Week 2- at Lions -- white/white

Week 3- vs Broncos -- white/pewter

Week 4- vs Eagles -- creamsicles (probably not so early in the season but this game is on my birthday so a boy can dream)

Week 5- at Falcons (TNF) -- white/pewter (+falcons wear throwbacks, chef's kiss)

Week 6- at Saints -- white/pewter

Week 7- vs Ravens (MNF) -- red/pewter

Week 8- vs Falcons -- red/pewter OR creamsicles if I don't get my birthday wish

Week 9- at Chiefs (MNF) -- white/pewter

Week 10- vs 49ers -- red/pewter

Week 11- BYE -- pajamas/t-shirts + sweatpants/gym shorts/boxers/briefs

Week 12- at Giants -- white/white

Week 13- at Panthers -- white/pewter

Week 14-vs Raiders -- pewter/pewter nonsense

Week 15- at Chargers -- white/pewter

Week 16- at Cowboys (SNF) -- red/white (they wore this combo last time they played at Dallas and they whooped 'em)

Week 17- vs Panthers -- red/pewter

Week 18- vs Saints -- red/pewter

It would be amazing if they somehow broke out the creamsicles against the Falcons in potentially their throwbacks on TNF. Probably won't happen, but would be cool as heck.

They could wear white/white more on the road like they did last year. I picked that combo for the Giants game for literally no apparent reason. Tampa's uniform combos tend to get boring in the second half of the year, but here's hoping we at least get a few red/pewter games like I am "predicting."

ClAFLDa.png

11 minutes ago, Michael Bolton said:

🤬 it, since it's that time of year I'll share my annual Bucs predictions too. But since a graphic designer, I amn't, you get a chunk of text:

Week 1- vs Washingtons -- white/white

Week 2- at Lions -- white/white

Week 3- vs Broncos -- white/pewter

Week 4- vs Eagles -- creamsicles (probably not so early in the season but this game is on my birthday so a boy can dream)

Week 5- at Falcons (TNF) -- white/pewter (+falcons wear throwbacks, chef's kiss)

Week 6- at Saints -- white/pewter

Week 7- vs Ravens (MNF) -- red/pewter

Week 8- vs Falcons -- red/pewter OR creamsicles if I don't get my birthday wish

Week 9- at Chiefs (MNF) -- white/pewter

Week 10- vs 49ers -- red/pewter

Week 11- BYE -- pajamas/t-shirts + sweatpants/gym shorts/boxers/briefs

Week 12- at Giants -- white/white

Week 13- at Panthers -- white/pewter

Week 14-vs Raiders -- pewter/pewter nonsense

Week 15- at Chargers -- white/pewter

Week 16- at Cowboys (SNF) -- red/white (they wore this combo last time they played at Dallas and they whooped 'em)

Week 17- vs Panthers -- red/pewter

Week 18- vs Saints -- red/pewter

It would be amazing if they somehow broke out the creamsicles against the Falcons in potentially their throwbacks on TNF. Probably won't happen, but would be cool as heck.

They could wear white/white more on the road like they did last year. I picked that combo for the Giants game for literally no apparent reason. Tampa's uniform combos tend to get boring in the second half of the year, but here's hoping we at least get a few red/pewter games like I am "predicting."

The Bucs are always an interesting team when it comes to this stuff.  With them finally winning another playoff game in red, along with fan complaints last season about the lack of red, I am hoping we see some more of it this season. I am holding out hope for a repeat of 2019 when they out of nowhere only wore white at home once. Here are some thoughts about a few select matchups.

Week 3 vs. Broncos — I was really hoping this game would be later in the year or at night since the Bucs have never worn red against Denver.

Week 4 vs. Eagles — This would be an awesome Creamsicle game. I could see it happening. In 2013 they planned to wear them in Week 4 before the helmet rule was implemented.

Week 8 vs. Falcons — This could easily be a fourth straight WAH game vs. Atlanta. Still haven't seen the current reds against Atlanta. Fingers crossed they go a different route this year.

Week 14 — I really hope this is a red jersey game instead of a pewter alt game. The pewter wan't worn at home all of last season. Either way, I am hopeful this is a non-white jersey game since the Bucs wore white against the Raiders in 2016. A repeat of the Super Bowl/2008 matchup would be awesome:

20081228__raiders1.jpg?w=620

Week 17 vs. Panthers — The Bucs have oddly been wearing white at home vs. Carolina in December and January the past few years. This better be a red jersey game like it was in Week 17 last season against the Saints.

Week 18 vs. Saints — This matchup always seems to be scheduled either as a prime time game or a late-season game. It's been many years since the Bucs have worn white at home vs. New Orleans. I was hoping this would be one of their Sept/Oct games so that the red jersey could be saved for more unique matchups.

On 5/24/2024 at 8:30 PM, throwmesomepics said:

Since this is the part of the offseason where there's little news regarding uniform changes and schedules, I'll share my predictions for the Seahawks. I tried to make it somewhat realistic but I know most of this will be wrong.spacer.pngspacer.png
spacer.pngspacer.png

Bears might wear orange, seattle will definitely wear white/navy more than 3 times, rams might do blue pants on the road, SF will likely wear primary home jerseys, GB could wear the all-white uniforms with their new alternate helmet, Miami and Minnesota could likely wear white pants

(images might not be working I’m trying to figure that out rn)

Strong likelihood the Bears wear orange against Seattle. They've rolled with the orange alts/helmets on Thursday night at home in 2022 and 2023.

Good opportunity for the Seahawks to go white over blue.

• Like 1

Gonna get blasted for this one, but there is nothing less interesting and more space consuming than full-season uniform predictions that serve nothing but to exercise the poster's fingers and make the thread pages and pages away from any legitimate discussion.  I suppose this post is somewhat the same thing, but i'm sticking to it.

Since this is about reality, maybe there could be the "pointless full-season uniform-prediction outpost."

• Like 13
  • Eyeroll 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."