2024 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LIX

3 hours ago, tBBP said:

If the Falcons should adopt the throwbacks as permanent (which is not an idea I'm totally on board with—but for something based on those, I would be), I think I might also like to see a take on the 71-77 sets, which seem somehow always get lost in the shuffle:

jenkins.jpg

Of course, one could say those fly a bit too close to the Chiefs, as well.

Outside opinion: if one were to order the Falcons' colors, I think it'd be black/red/white/whatever else they feel like tacking on. Personally, I think their '91-'96 set is their most iconic. But me saying that is not advocating for that old falcon to come back, either. However, again, perhaps maybe something based on that...??? 🤔

This was one of the better 1994 throwbacks...but the white facemask worn that year  is probably way too close to UGA these days. 

1994 Fleer Ultra Jeff George Atlanta Falcons #335

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

4 hours ago, WBeltz said:

If they went over minimalist even I'd be OK. Do a Navy jersey in the vein of the Oilers unis as a home (with CB/W/CB stripes), invert for white with CB/N/CB stripes, and columbia plus pants with N/W/N stripes. Then the Oilers uni for a throwback. Keep the Navy Helmet though. I don't mind it as much now.

Just use the Oilers uniforms (helmets, logos, and all) as a base, create a new navy jersey based on that for the alternate. Still call yourself the Titans to make the Texans cry wolf.

Never need to see this Eagles combo again.  Make it the "Brazil Special" and burn it with the turf after this game.  There's no reason for this team to ever wear black pants or a black helmet, let alone together.  Even with the silly black jersey.

• Like 6
  • Dislike 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Why do some guys (I've noticed it on the Eagles) have little patches on their chests but most don't?  I can't see if it's an "international game" patch but that's what I assume.

EDIT:

or is it like one of those "debut" patches that they started doing in MLB?  I just noticed it on one of the rookies.

• Like 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

38 minutes ago, Klondyke said:

The issue with wearing muted colors like 'midnight green' is that when they switch to black, you can barely tell on TV.

You can barely tell in photos, too. 

75111290007-usatsi-24168484.jpg?crop=773

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

1 hour ago, nash61 said:

You can barely tell in photos, too. 

75111290007-usatsi-24168484.jpg?crop=773

Is there a particular reason they wont switch to kelly green? Is it the relative success they have had with these jerseys? 3 super bowl appearances, 6 NFC Championship appearances, 13 NFC East titles (they had two in kelly green)

4 hours ago, Klondyke said:

Is there a particular reason they wont switch to kelly green? Is it the relative success they have had with these jerseys? 3 super bowl appearances, 6 NFC Championship appearances, 13 NFC East titles (they had two in kelly green)

Yeah Midnight Green marks Lurie’s ownership of the team and the success they’ve had since 2000. 

Now that they can just get the Kelly Green’s as an alt, don’t see them switching full time unfortunately. Probably will get them more as the rules continue to erode + they add the inevitable 18th game. Once that happens probably get them for 3 games + one of the black unis.

7 hours ago, BBTV said:

Why do some guys (I've noticed it on the Eagles) have little patches on their chests but most don't?  I can't see if it's an "international game" patch but that's what I assume.

EDIT:

or is it like one of those "debut" patches that they started doing in MLB?  I just noticed it on one of the rookies.

yeah its a patch for the rookies, they started this thing last year. IIRC they're only supposed to be used for the singular player's first game

19 hours ago, SportsFan12 said:

Really wanted the Browns to wear orange pants. Seemed like this was a special enough occasion but I guess not.

Panthers doing a uni unveil for the first time, albeit a terrible one. A lot of people seemed to think they'd wear black pants, but that still has not happened for a Week 1 game. This makes it more likely the black pants are worn for Week 2 against the Chargers, which would provide some decent contrast with the powder blues.

If the Panthers learn how to utilize the black helmet better using a silver outline for the logo and matching the helmet stripe designs, then they can be up for a new uniform adding black helmets as an alt, but they probably have to find a way to utilize the process cyan and black since the Lions defeated them with the azure blue helmets and black jerseys that go with it.

The Panthers just need to utilize their colors better. If they wanted to use silver, then use it that is not a helmet color (but knowing them, they will do the opposite). The Panthers just need new uniforms, These have become outdated now.

15 hours ago, SportsFan12 said:

Awesome color matchup on MNF

I like that combo just like the all-white one. But I guess green leotards underneath to give it a yoga effect 🤬. Oh boy! That ruins it. By 2014, the players ditch the socks (not all) and went with leotards. The only men who wear leotards are male ballet dancers.

10 hours ago, Klondyke said:

The issue with wearing muted colors like 'midnight green' is that when they switch to black, you can barely tell on TV.

Yes, even though I knew the helmets and pants were black, they were still reading dark green to my eyes because I know that's the Eagle's primary color for those elements, and I had an idea of what the matchup between the two teams would look like in my head, generally (gold and green vs. Eagles green and white). So even though they were black, it still didn't "feel" that way to me for most of the game. I guess that softened the look for me; I didn't mind black/white/black/white. Decent contrast in elements.

17 hours ago, SportsFan12 said:

Awesome color matchup on MNF

I will maintain that green pants were completely unnecessary for this set and are a net negative because they create leggings combos, as seen here.

• Eyeroll 1

2 hours ago, Ted Cunningham said:

Yes, even though I knew the helmets and pants were black, they were still reading dark green to my eyes because I know that's the Eagle's primary color for those elements, and I had an idea of what the matchup between the two teams would look like in my head, generally (gold and green vs. Eagles green and white). So even though they were black, it still didn't "feel" that way to me for most of the game. I guess that softened the look for me; I didn't mind black/white/black/white. Decent contrast in elements.

There's also something about the Eagles black helmet that I can't put my finger on, but it doesn't seem.... black.  I don't know if there's something goofy with the paint or what, but it seems almost like really-dark charcoal than actual black, at least on TV.

IDK if this is a mini or a real one, and it's obviously from last year, but this is what I'm talking about.  The black in the wings is clearly blacker than the shell.

Screen_Shot_2022_09_28_at_6.23.39_AM.0.p

• Like 2

The Eagles black jersey is fine as a once per year alt, but the black pants and helmet should have never been added, looked better with white pants.

If they ever did go back to kelly green full time it would probably look better.

mens-mitchell-and-ness-randall-cunningha

(I might still go with white numbers though)

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

45 minutes ago, BBTV said:

There's also something about the Eagles black helmet that I can't put my finger on, but it doesn't seem.... black.  I don't know if there's something goofy with the paint or what, but it seems almost like really-dark charcoal than actual black, at least on TV.

IDK if this is a mini or a real one, and it's obviously from last year, but this is what I'm talking about.  The black in the wings is clearly blacker than the shell.

Screen_Shot_2022_09_28_at_6.23.39_AM.0.p

I’ve always thought that, as well. Definitely looks closer to their charcoal color than a true black.

I’ve always been a midnight green supporter for the Eagles. The Jets can have kelly green, I’d say. I suppose the Eagles could afford to make the midnight green a bit  lighter, but I like that it’s a completely unique shade across sports, and one that looks good, at that.

I would drop black & charcoal entirely, though, going with just midnight green & silver. If they had  to have a color that is darker than the midnight green, the charcoal would be much preferable to plain black to me, as it’s more unique.

• Like 2
  • Dislike 1