2024 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LIX

14 hours ago, HOOVER said:

I still want the Ravens to incorporate very small Red elements into their uniforms, pulled from the eye of the Raven in their logo.

It would give the uniform teeny tiny little pops.  And it would help separate them further from the Vikings.

They do continue to use it in their team graphics:

GZdVixhXUAAPLjb?format=jpg&name=4096x409

GYRDteLXoAAytdy?format=jpg&name=large

GXhqKR6W4AAQxPt?format=jpg&name=large

But yeah, if they never did that, mixing Dark Purple and Team Purple could be cool.

I know TCU uses red accents as a reference to horned frogs shooting blood from their eyes

It would be really cool if the ravens did that in their uniforms

• Like 5

37 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

So ass. 

shutterstock_293548511-750x1000.jpg

• LOL 4

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

1 hour ago, bbush24 said:

What an awful awful uniform.

I don't hate it. It does seem unnecessary because it's basically just the away uniform made in the "icy" style that so many teams think is so cool now. At least maybe they'll be consistent on socks for once.

1 hour ago, TrueYankee26 said:

I know TCU uses red accents as a reference to horned frogs shooting blood from their eyes

It would be really cool if the ravens did that in their uniforms

I don’t think ravens do that, though. They can just outsmart their potential predators. 

9 minutes ago, kaleb_girod said:

Saints confirmed throwback uniforms for tomorrow night against the Broncos.

Really difficult to believe that the Saints are allergic to gold pants, when they will acquiesce to wearing these (lovely) throwbacks. They should really build a new set around these, with gold road numbers like on the Color Rush. They can do a blackout twice a year but besides that, gold pants and black (with or without stripes) socks at all times. 

2 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

I don’t think ravens do that, though. They can just outsmart their potential predators. 

Really difficult to believe that the Saints are allergic to gold pants, when they will acquiesce to wearing these (lovely) throwbacks. They should really build a new set around these, with gold road numbers like on the Color Rush. They can do a blackout twice a year but besides that, gold pants and black (with or without stripes) socks at all times. 

Exactly. It’s clear for some reason the Saints hate the current gold pants even though they’re the superior look. And it’s crazy that the Saints most successful era in their franchise history was done wearing gold pants…

Also, speaking of gold pants, after looking at GUD, it’s interesting to me how the Saints wore black pants in 2001 and 2002 and then quit wearing them from 2003-2005. They ONLY wore gold pants during that time. The black pants didn’t return until week 13 of 2006 and were worn every consecutive week of the season until the NFCCG.

I wonder what happened to the black pants during all that time?

• Like 1

It’s odd that the Saints keep saying to wear “all-black” as opposed to just black.  A team that wears all-black 95% of the time specifically telling the fans to do so on a day when the team doesn’t is rather amusing.

What’s wrong with just saying to wear black? Do people’s pants really need to be black too? Are they just so sad that they have to wear gold pants that they want the fans to make up for their tragic lack of black pants?

• LOL 2

34 minutes ago, kaleb_girod said:

Exactly. It’s clear for some reason the Saints hate the current gold pants even though they’re the superior look. And it’s crazy that the Saints most successful era in their franchise history was done wearing gold pants…

Also, speaking of gold pants, after looking at GUD, it’s interesting to me how the Saints wore black pants in 2001 and 2002 and then quit wearing them from 2003-2005. They ONLY wore gold pants during that time. The black pants didn’t return until week 13 of 2006 and were worn every consecutive week of the season until the NFCCG.

I wonder what happened to the black pants during all that time?

I dunno. I didn’t hate the black pants that had the gold stripe on them. Plain black pants suck though. For them, for Baltimore, for everyone. 

• Like 3

The Packers white helmet reminds me of the Cowboys white helmet where the helmet stripe inexplicably doesn’t match the pants stripe.

spacer.png

I kinda understand why the pants stripe has gray seeing as they originally wore the normal helmet with this set. Though since the jersey doesn’t have any silver, I would introduce a new white pant to match the helmet.

The Packers design is worse, by far. At least Dallas has a history of the white helmet and that jersey style. Green Bay totally feels like “just because” and there was zero thought put into it to have a cohesive or appealing design besides “icy whites ❄️🥶.” They have no business in white pants, let alone a white helmet. And if you are going to have a white helmet, why not match the helmet stripe to the pants? I realize the jersey stripe has a different application but that’s a discussion for another day.

• Like 8

7 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

Devil’s advocate here-

This uniform could be saved. Get a yellow stripe on the helmet and green socks and you’ve got a decent once-a-year alternate.

The only way to fix this uni is to make the helmet and pants yellow.

Besides, when are football uniforms supposed to be 'fresh and clean' other than when the equipment manager pulls them out of the dryer?

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

On 10/15/2024 at 5:34 PM, sudden said:

What's the point of having 2 DIFFERENT WHITE PANTS when you are just going to wear the Black ones with the White jersey?

I'm not sure if we're allowed to say [MOD EDIT] here, but this is [MOD EDIT}.

Edited by officeglenn
  • Facepalm 4